Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeDonns

Quote from: Onthe40 on December 03, 2019, 11:14:42 AM
McGinley is another alright who has joined the mercenary gravy train..the money he asked for to take a neighbouring club was obscene
What sort of totals are we talking?
For the average club that starts training in January & are involved right through to Oct/November - you're talking ~120 Sessions @ 3x times a week [40 weeks]
At £40 a session (just a figure I know used to be the going rate) that's still only £4800
Even at £60 a session [Fair enough?] its £7200, a lot of money but not figures like £25k that I hear being thrown out the odd time (>£200 per session - surely no-one is really getting that?)

LeoMc

There would have to be a love of more than just money to do it. When you add in travel to somewhere in a neighbouring county it is 3 hours a night and maybe 5 on a match day as well as time on the phone and on the laptop. Say 15 hours a week you would want a lot more than £180 a week to commit to that time away.

Will it ever end

Quote from: WeeDonns on December 03, 2019, 06:02:32 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on December 03, 2019, 11:14:42 AM
McGinley is another alright who has joined the mercenary gravy train..the money he asked for to take a neighbouring club was obscene
What sort of totals are we talking?
For the average club that starts training in January & are involved right through to Oct/November - you're talking ~120 Sessions @ 3x times a week [40 weeks]
At £40 a session (just a figure I know used to be the going rate) that's still only £4800
Even at £60 a session [Fair enough?] its £7200, a lot of money but not figures like £25k that I hear being thrown out the odd time (>£200 per session - surely no-one is really getting that?)

The bare minimum figure I've heard at the moment is £50 per night - that's whether you've absolutely no managerial experience or experienced.

The top guys will come with a team - Manager (Likely £80 / £100 per session) & a trainer (Likely to be £60 / £80 per session) & potentially selector (£40 / £60 per session)  it all soon adds up ... you get the odd guy that will manage / train etc but he'll want all 3 fees knocked into one!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: LeoMc on December 03, 2019, 09:00:38 PM
There would have to be a love of more than just money to do it. When you add in travel to somewhere in a neighbouring county it is 3 hours a night and maybe 5 on a match day as well as time on the phone and on the laptop. Say 15 hours a week you would want a lot more than £180 a week to commit to that time away.

Easy to knock men for getting paid managing a team, the way the GAA is now you would be stupid to manage a team "for the love". I've had some paid men manage myself and I can tell you they cared a lot more about me and the players than internal men ever did - internal men at times are thrust into the role, they don't want to do it.

Maybe that is a one off but I've seen men get slaughtered on this message board for managing teams for a few quid when I could tell you first hand about them and some of the things they did for players I know. It's easy to be negative just.

sidelineball

My original point wasn't a slight on people getting paid as that's life, people get paid for jobs they do. But don't be writing shit in national newspapers looking down your nose at young people and students who decide to broaden their horizons and see a bit of the world during summer times, especially when county teams dictate that no club action takes place anyway. To state they should be volunteering their time within their clubs while you do the opposite is at best a bit rich and at worst hypocrisy.

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/2019/04/12/news/enda-mcginley-there-is-more-to-achieve-than-going-state-side-for-the-summer-1595716/

LeoMc

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 04, 2019, 09:15:59 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on December 03, 2019, 09:00:38 PM

Easy to knock men for getting paid managing a team, the way the GAA is now you would be stupid to manage a team "for the love". I've had some paid men manage myself and I can tell you they cared a lot more about me and the players than internal men ever did - internal men at times are thrust into the role, they don't want to do it.

Maybe that is a one off but I've seen men get slaughtered on this message board for managing teams for a few quid when I could tell you first hand about them and some of the things they did for players I know. It's easy to be negative just.
I am not knocking them. I am saying you couldn't do it just for the money. The £40-60 a night would not be the motivator when you weigh it against the commitment.

trailer

I don't really mind paid managers but it's the absolute charlatans who aren't any good who keep getting new teams over and over and over again. But I suppose that says more about the clubs that the managers.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on December 04, 2019, 02:28:46 PM
I don't really mind paid managers but it's the absolute charlatans who aren't any good who keep getting new teams over and over and over again. But I suppose that says more about the clubs that the managers.

You have to blame the clubs here. These people are getting the roles over and over as you say for a reason surely?

OurKid 2.0

Paul rouses' ears will be burning right now

bigtogs

Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on December 04, 2019, 04:00:32 PM

Has he ever won anything?

Christmas Lights

The absolute state of that apostrophe!  Just log off and never post another thing again.

Jim Bob

Quote from: bigtogs on December 04, 2019, 04:31:19 PM

Vast majority of managers dont win anything

PeterEli

Taken from Anual Report to County Convention, pages 82/83/84.

NA MOLTAÍ
(Recommendations)
For referral to Management Committee

1. That a group be appointed to review the structure, composition and scope of matters that should be discussed and decided at County Committee meetings. This group should report to the County Committee and Club Officers on any recommendations before the April meeting of the County Committee. (Cumann Naomh Pádraig, an Goirtín)

2. All documentation sent to clubs by County Officers or Sub-committees should be stored and shared using the official cloud-based system. (Cumann Naomh Pádraig, an Goirtín)

3. Minutes and Clár of all County Committee meetings, including reports from subcommittees to that meeting, shall be shared with all club secretaries before the monthly meeting of the County Committee. (Cumann Naomh Pádraig, an Goirtín)

For referral to the Finance Committee

4. In good faith and acknowledgement of all the members of our clubs and immediate families that the 2019 Tyrone GAA County Convention registers its support to amend the Club Tyrone Charity Constitution to provide financial contributions not just exclusively to Tyrone GAA but to include the Tyrone Handball, Tyrone LGFA and Tyrone Camogie associations. (Cumann an Athar Mhic Con Carraige, an Chorr Chríochach)

5. That the decision by Tyrone GAA Finance and CCC is re-visited to admit any Patron Under 16 Years old free of charge to our games to fully support the promotion of our games, with the possible exception of the senior football final on account of seating arrangements. (Cumann Naomh Pádraig, an Caislean Glas)

For referral to the Competitions Control Committee

6. Tyrone CCC should create and distribute two league fixture plans at beginning of year in order to allow clubs and players to make plans for family life and fundraising events. Plan A should include the scenario of Tyrone County team only competing in
2 games in the senior football championship. Plan B should include the scenario of Tyrone County team progressing further in the senior football championship including the super 8s. (Cumann Naomh Mhic Artáin, an Eochair)

7. A complete and transparent review of the assignation of 'Starred Games" should take place. All starred games to be played during the summer months prior to Tyrone's exit from the All Ireland series. (Cumann Naomh Pádraig, an Goirtín)

8. All league games be completed before championship starts. (Cumann na Fianna, Oileán a'Ghuail)

9. There should be a minimum of 6 days before the replay of a drawn Championship fixture - Clubs should not have to play 3 championship fixtures in 8 days. (Cumann Naomh Pádraig, an Goirtín)

10. That in the Event of a Drawn Championship match Tyrone Competition Controls Committee Regulations for Adult Football and Hurling be amended to allow a minimum of 5 days between the Drawn Match and the Replay. (Cumann Naomh Pádraig, an Caislean Glas)

11. Get rid of top four play-offs and relegation/promotion playoffs. (Cumann na Fianna, Oileán a'Ghuail)

12. That the 2019 Tyrone GAA County Convention registers its support to amend the Tyrone CCC Regulations to organise a new competition for Reserves under new branding, Junior A, Junior B and Junior C. Games to be played on a regional and home and away basis. Grading's not linked to senior team ranking. This will allow a regular programme of games for the clubs second team to further player development. Clubs to forward a list of 10 senior players who won't be eligible to play in this new competition. (Cumann an Athar Mhic Con Carraige, an Chorr Chríochach)

13. The Reserve Football Championship to be played on the weekend of Tyrone's participation in the Ulster Football Championship or the All Ireland Football Championship and played to its conclusion. If a suitable date is available players eligible to participate are those that did not feature in the last game of the previous year's championship and any player who is a member of the senior county football panel. (Cumann Aireagal Chiaráin)

14. Tyrone CCC implements a decoupling of the reserve football leagues from senior within the County to allow players a full and meaningful season. (Cumann Naomh Pádraig, an Goirtín)

15. That no Tyrone club football is fixed on the day/evening of the All-Ireland football final. (Cumann an Phiarsaigh, Gallbhaile)

16. That at Under-age level in Tyrone we continue with age levels as U14, U16, U18 and above that U20.That this Motion is also forwarded to National level for succeeding years. (Cumann Naomh Pádraig, an Caisleán Glas).

The_Slug

Quote from: Jim Bob on December 04, 2019, 11:43:05 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on December 04, 2019, 04:31:19 PM

Vast majority of managers dont win anything

The vast majority of managers don't get the opportunity to manage a dromore team that was in their prime either, probably the best team in the county at the time, he did and didn't get past the semi-final stages of the championship if I remember correctly.

skeog

Was it his fault that red mist meant playing with 13 men for 40 minutes.A last minute goal in the other game which was a pantomine of errors.