Gael85

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 17, 2018, 10:32:03 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 09:59:18 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 17, 2018, 09:50:35 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 17, 2018, 09:33:36 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 16, 2018, 10:29:52 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 16, 2018, 10:20:46 PM
I'll lave this with ye ;D

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/ewan-mackenna-cracks-are-appearing-in-the-dublin-gaa-model-and-its-time-to-ask-if-their-house-really-is-in-order-37223231.html

One of my better pieces.

He definitely gets his inspiration from here.
Wow an article full of ridiculous stats, with no actual conclusion other than Dublin are too good but they're really shite and a bit of a cry. I note he amends the Ulster stats to include only the "nationalist community" but makes no mention of country people in Dublin, the higher percentage of foreign people working in Dublin, and the far higher percentage of locals in a county who absolutely hate the GAA, and in particular their own county (or "West Brits" as the "nationalist community" might call them!)

He's not the only indo columnist who thinks his readers are idiots and will swallow any oul shite.

I'd like to see him do an article on why is that certain Kildare clubs have applied to play juvenile in Dublin instead of Kildare, despite his contention that Dublin GAA is being run so very badly!

Evidence please? #fakenews

I heard that as well, not just Kildare clubs, a lot of Wicklow and Meath too, Sure Bray Emmets playing their hurling Dublin.

Or he could focus on the full time professional athletes in the Kildare team who gave up work for a year to focus on Football, I believe the are more than 4.

Are Kildare turning professional.

So anecdotal bullshit.

I wouldn't see it as an issue if it was to do with raising standards and being competitive, Naas underage hurlers play in Kilkenny for e.g. but juvenile football in Kildare is quite strong. Maybe teams from West Dublin invited the North Kildare clubs in to raise standards.

Naas have teams in hurling at u8s in Dublin. Blessington and Ashbourne have played in juvenile leagues in the past. Bray Emmets have adult team in Division 4 or 5 in Dublin.

Lar Naparka

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/ewan-mackenna-cracks-are-appearing-in-the-dublin-gaa-model-and-its-time-to-ask-if-their-house-really-is-in-order-37223231.html

One of my better pieces.

Wow an article full of ridiculous stats, with no actual conclusion other than Dublin are too good but they're really shite and a bit of a cry. I note he amends the Ulster stats to include only the "nationalist community" but makes no mention of country people in Dublin, the higher percentage of foreign people working in Dublin, and the far higher percentage of locals in a county who absolutely hate the GAA, and in particular their own county (or "West Brits" as the "nationalist community" might call them!)

He's not the only indo columnist who thinks his readers are idiots and will swallow any oul shite.

I'd like to see him do an article on why is that certain Kildare clubs have applied to play juvenile in Dublin instead of Kildare, despite his contention that Dublin GAA is being run so very badly!
Some fair points there Hound. I think McKenna is arguing a valid case ie, Dublin gets a disproportionate percentage of the development funds that are available, but he goes in for the overkill time after time. In doing so, he weakens his own case.
For me, he is at the opposite end of this ongoing debate to Paraic Duffy. If you recall, Duffy's last official pronouncement before fecking off back to where he came from was that the status quo must be maintained at all costs-  Dublin needs every cent that's going and the game can't afford to be without a strong and vibrant Dublin.
LIke McKenna on his soapbox, he prefers to ignore the full picture and doesn't let facts get in the way of opinions.
Dublin GAA, and HQ, are under no illusions that the GAA in Dublin is facing strong opposition on a number of fronts and foremost here is the growth in popularity of rugby. But so is the rest of the country and robbing Peter to pay Paul benefits neither in the long run.
I'm all for tea ladies and underage coaches and the likes but senior intercounty competition is the lifeblood of the GAA and there is feck all point in having one superb all-conquering team in one county unless there are others capable of providing credible opposition.
That's why I think Duffy, John Costello and the likes have their heads up their arses when they seem to ignore the fact that the rest of the country is under duress also.
McKenna, on the other hand, goes way too far in the opposite direction. Dublin can't be blamed for hustling for every cent it can get but it's up to the rest to organise themselves and go kick ass down Jones's Road.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Gael85

Quote from: mup on August 17, 2018, 09:50:03 AM

One of my better pieces.

Or maybe do one on why Dublin u21s needed to come outside their own county to pick players.

Michael Deegan was born in Dublin and as has been on Dublin development squads since u14. He has since transferred to Na Fianna. Didn't agree with Niall Quinn son Michael playing as wasn't from Dublin. He transferred to Thomas Davis for year but now back with Eadestown.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Rossfan on August 17, 2018, 04:02:25 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 01:57:56 PM
Mick o Dwyer never took a penny either....
No it was bundles of £s and €s.

;)

@MUP, I think you've lost the plot man. Are you telling us that McGeeney, who through his tenure with Kildare for was it 5 years? Wasn't in full time employment at the time. Come off it. I cant prove as its buried in books by the Kildare board but you cant prove its not true either.

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 20, 2018, 08:55:49 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 17, 2018, 04:02:25 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 01:57:56 PM
Mick o Dwyer never took a penny either....
No it was bundles of £s and €s.

;)

@MUP, I think you've lost the plot man. Are you telling us that McGeeney, who through his tenure with Kildare for was it 5 years? Wasn't in full time employment at the time. Come off it. I cant prove as its buried in books by the Kildare board but you cant prove its not true either.

No I'm not telling you anything. I never mentioned McGeeney not getting anything from Kildare. you made an accusation that he was on a load of money (I'm paraphrasing) and I wanted to see what money he was on. You couldn't back it up with facts - only hearsay. So I don't have to prove anything because I didn't say he was getting nothing.

Now you are making an assertion that McGeeney wasn't in full time employment at that time. Now I might be wrong here but as far as I know he worked with his family's bottled water business.