We're going to bring home the SAM

Dire Ear

Straight read??   ;D
Mayo--Monaghan--Tyrone--Clare

Jinxy

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2018, 12:05:13 PM
"Could easily of had"
Red card Itchy >:(

Can you prove it was actually Itchy that typed that?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2018, 01:42:09 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2018, 12:05:13 PM
"Could easily of had"
Red card Itchy >:(

Can you prove it was actually Itchy that typed that?
Itchy could have been distracted at the time by Laoislad's world Cup photo. Pheromones are known for that
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Fuzzman

We as GAA fans sure are awkward.
So many people talking about poor games and so many walk overs and its all about the elite 8 now blah blah blah.

Has it not always been the same that the last 8 get to the quarterfinals or 4 provincial finals before that.
Yes we all like to see the odd shock result and big gun getting a knock back but it is getting rarer and rarer but that was inevitable as the bigger counties use their resources better, especially the Dubs.

For some people they seem unhappy that they best 7 or 8 teams will make the super 8s.
Yes for us Ulster moanies we always find it hard to take that Dublin and Kerry can get to the last 8 with very little effort and even Mayo or Galway recently have had it handy whereas Ulster is a minefield with usually 3 big teams gunning for it.

Fermanagh had their chance yesterday and they just weren't good enough. Of course loads of us would have loved to see them win it but alas Arlene had to let it cross back across to the free state.

Jayop

So if Tyrone, Monaghan and Armagh all win their games Tyrone are 50/50 to get Fermanagh in the 4th round game.

I'd settle for that tbf.

armaghniac

Quote from: Jayop on June 25, 2018, 06:14:05 PM
So if Tyrone, Monaghan and Armagh all win their games Tyrone are 50/50 to get Fermanagh in the 4th round game.

I'd settle for that tbf.

Monaghan will win, and presumably Tyrone people will be rooting for Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

omagh_gael

I'd settle for that tbf.

And consequently more likely to be in the Kerry/Galway super 8 group,

J70

That's an interesting question - which Super 8 group do the qualifiers want?

Very probable defeat to the Dubs and possibly Donegal in Ballybofey, or Kerry and Galway (wherever those games would take place).

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2018, 11:06:36 AM
That's an interesting question - which Super 8 group do the qualifiers want?

Very probable defeat to the Dubs and possibly Donegal in Ballybofey, or Kerry and Galway (wherever those games would take place).

Probably depends on the other qualifier team with them
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Jinxy

I'd rather be in Dublin's group for the Super 8.
If you can get out of the group with them, you can only meet them again in the final and maybe you will have learned a bit from playing them in the group stage.
Still though, you'd more than likely end up playing Kerry in the semi-final...
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

I'd settle for that tbf.

They would be tighter odds than that to get Fermanagh I'd say, nod nod wink wink

Jayop

Agree with Jinxy. I'd rather be in the Dublin Donegal group now. Before I heard of the McBrearty injury I'd probably have rather been in the other side and take your chances with Galway but that's setting up a semi final with Dublin if you finish second.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 11:53:17 AM
I'd rather be in Dublin's group for the Super 8.
If you can get out of the group with them, you can only meet them again in the final and maybe you will have learned a bit from playing them in the group stage.
Still though, you'd more than likely end up playing Kerry in the semi-final...

That's our plan in a nutshell.

Whishtup

This round of the draw should have seen all division 1 teams  put into a pot and drawn against each other with any team left going back into the main bowl. This would also incentivise winning your province, taking the gloss off the qualifiers route and open up more places in the super 8's.