Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

It will take a wee bit off the panic from getting casement built so quickly. 2030 here we go!

shantygael

The Orient express doesn't take as long as the train journey from Derry to Belfast.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Ronnie

One benefit of direct rule or joint authority is that the likelihood of this being built increases.  Nationalists in Northern Ireland may be given a choice between having a world class GAA stadium in our premier city or an Acht na Gaelige.  As a dedicated Northern Ireland supporting gael I'd know which one I'd prefer.  Bricks are bricks.  Norn Iron abu!

Avondhu star

Quote from: shantygael on November 01, 2017, 11:15:56 AM
The Orient express doesn't take as long as the train journey from Derry to Belfast.
And as the Dublin train driver said when asked about the dangers on the Dublin Belfast route, " It's fine once you get past Kilbarrack"
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: shantygael on November 01, 2017, 11:15:56 AM

Didnt a guy race the train to Derry on his bike and won lol. The problem is it stops fecking everywhere like cullybacky FFS. Worth the journey though for that view form Castlerock to Derry - one of the most scenic rail journeys in the world.

FarneyMan

Jayop

Keep Ulster finals in Clones!! Best place in the world to watch a match imo.

smelmoth

The whole Casement project has a distance to go yet. During that time a careful watch will be on attendances. It is not the attendances at the final but the other 7 games (before replays) in the championship. That's were the revenue comes from.

I appreciate that there will be a big grant from Croke Park and that Super 8 revenues will potentially replace the reduced revenue from the wider qualifier games

haranguerer

They'll be looking at concerts for the revenue I'd have thought. Not much sense building a 40k stadium to fill it once a year, if you're lucky. Not that sense is required for many gaa projects

rosnarun

Quote from: smelmoth on June 19, 2018, 07:55:33 PM
The whole Casement project has a distance to go yet. During that time a careful watch will be on attendances. It is not the attendances at the final but the other 7 games (before replays) in the championship. That's were the revenue comes from.

I appreciate that there will be a big grant from Croke Park and that Super 8 revenues will potentially replace the reduced revenue from the wider qualifier games

what is the current state . is there planning permission or even an agreed stadium plan yet?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

sekibanki

Quote from: haranguerer on June 22, 2018, 09:12:49 AM
They'll be looking at concerts for the revenue I'd have thought. Not much sense building a 40k stadium to fill it once a year, if you're lucky. Not that sense is required for many gaa projects
Super 8s and provincial hurling leagues are more about spreading big games throughout the country, I'd wager.
We've quite a few high-capacity grounds currently without the games to justify them.

But then, yeah, also, the GAA loves vanity projects, from the smallest clubs to national level. Outdoing your neighbours is the main thing half the time.

rosnarun

Quote from: hardstation on June 22, 2018, 11:10:59 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 22, 2018, 10:49:37 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on June 19, 2018, 07:55:33 PM

what is the current state . is there planning permission or even an agreed stadium plan yet?
I think....
A planning application has been submitted and is awaiting approval.
Lack of Stormont assembly is holding it up.
It has not been agreed with the residents group that objected to the last application.

I think that’s where it is anyway.

why was it abandoned so quickly did they think the diggers were about to move in or was it that bad
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

trailer

The whole project should be abandoned. Sell the site and move on. Upgrade Clones or build on a greenfield site somewhere far away from Belfast.
The amount of money wasted on this is a disgrace.

Rossfan

As it's Stormont money it'll have to be spent in the 6 Cos.
Is there a big enough green field in Nationalist Belfast?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

haranguerer