2022 National Football League

Started by The PRO, January 26, 2022, 10:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tintin84

Does anyone know the full panel yet?

The PRO

Quote from: Tintin84 on February 25, 2022, 03:55:54 PM
Does anyone know the full panel yet?
It's pretty much all the lads who played in the O'Byrne Cup along with Timmons and the two Port lads Bennett and Foster less a couple of lads who've left the panel. 

beano

Spiritof86

The 'green' football championship proposal has been approved . From 60 games (pre super eights) to 99 in 2023.A 65 pc increase which is huge .
So basically only teams in Division 1 and 2 can compete for All-Ireland . Reality check for teams like Meath who are fighting to stay in Division 2 .

Heshs Umpire

Bloody hell that was frustrating tonight. The most annoying part being that Antrim were very average. Once again, Evan was being subject of plenty of hardship without getting too many frees.
Hard night to play football to be fair to both teams. Must win next week now.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Spiritof86

Frustrating alright against a poor enough Antrim outfit . This is the level we are at though and this is something we are going to see more of . Can't fault the effort but we definitely falling into the category of division 3 side . Hope I'm proved wrong . The lack of depth off the line is worrying too .
Have  Collins O , Dunne and Foster all left the panel or just not in the matchday panel ?

recyclebin

Any news on the rescheduled Fermanagh game? I assumed it would be next weekend.

Spiritof86

Fermanagh match next Saturday @ 3:30

SCFC

Quote from: beano on February 25, 2022, 09:03:41 PM
Who left the panel ?
I've heard Jake Foster, Adam Campion and Collins Ugochukwu have all left panel of their own volition. I'd imagine Billy will have to let go a couple more to bring the number to around 34.

Spiritof86

Pity about Foster . We are not exactly overloaded with forwards coming off the bench.

BallyroanAbu

We are just in a bad place,  can't beat the first one on one physically.  We must of coughed the ball up 70% of the time in a tight tackle.  Bringing Ross on is not the solution to this,  I heard about the Kildare practice game but he is a shadow of the player he was.   To be honest his inclusion is an open joke at this stage,  there is only so long this can be defended.  Shoot me

Chrimtain

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on February 28, 2022, 11:04:12 AM
We are just in a bad place,  can't beat the first one on one physically.  We must of coughed the ball up 70% of the time in a tight tackle.  Bringing Ross on is not the solution to this,  I heard about the Kildare practice game but he is a shadow of the player he was.   To be honest his inclusion is an open joke at this stage,  there is only so long this can be defended.  Shoot me

I think you are right. Billy was supposed to be introducing young players into the team.

Laois Rising

Billy has pretty much stuck with the same starting team since the O'Byrne Cup semi-final. I do think he should shake things up a little and make 4-5 changes the next day and keep things competitive within the squad. The fact he made no change until the 60th minute and with that made only 3 changes (one of them was to bring in Ross) would send a message to the rest of the squad outside of the 15 that he doesn't have huge faith in their abilities. Antrim had four or five subs in well before Laois made their first change. If he continues to operate the way he is doing, expect more lads to walk away and lads within the squad to lose interest and motivation.

Spiritof86

Can see why Foster walked after the challenge match against Kildare .

Laois fan

Quote from: Spiritof86 on February 28, 2022, 08:06:03 PM
Can see why Foster walked after the challenge match against Kildare .
why what happened?