Lurgan

Started by seafoid, March 02, 2017, 01:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Correct me if i'm wrong but if you're from one of the 7 Derry's then you're officially a Munchie...

Derrymacash
Derrytrasna
Derryadd
Derrymore
Derrycrowe

Whats the other 2...can't remember...Is Derryloiste one?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lawnseed

Two towns really. Nationalist bit and unionist bit. I did a fair bit of work about it, both halves, the funny thing is both bits a full of decent friendly people that is toward outsiders. it's just other lurgan folk they dislike.
Out of ten I'd give it 8. I like it.

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Eamonnca1

Quote from: illdecide on March 24, 2017, 10:54:27 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but if you're from one of the 7 Derry's then you're officially a Munchie...

Derrymacash
Derrytrasna
Derryadd
Derrymore
Derrycrowe

Derrycor.

Derryloiste would probably be one, but I think most people just call that area Kinnego.

Derrymore's out Aghagallon/Aghalee way.

JimStynes

Derrymacash
Derrytrasna
Derryadd
Derrymore
Derrycrowe

Aghagallon has seven derrys. Derrymore, Derryhirk etc. Stiffler or G's man will name the rest. It's too early for me to think of them all.

seafoid

Quote from: JimStynes on March 25, 2017, 05:27:40 AM

Derrymacash
Derrytrasna
Derryadd
Derrymore
Derrycrowe

Aghagallon has seven derrys. Derrymore, Derryhirk etc. Stiffler or G's man will name the rest. It's too early for me to think of them all.
Did the planters cut down all the trees?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Gs Man

We'll be getting out our Three Pronged Revolver again for the Derrymacash ones..........

An incident that took place in Aghagallon in 1790 became known as "The Battle of Annaghdroghal Bridge". A group of Protestant men from the nearby village of Waringstown, accompanied by flute and drum and under the command of Colonel Sharp, marched from Waringstown at the request of Lord Waring to plough and prepare a field in Aghagallon for a friend and fellow English landowner and Orangeman. Their journey from Waringstown to Aghagallon was a controversial one, with several incidents occurring along the way in the town of Lurgan.

As Col. Sharp and his men reached the Annaghdroghal Bridge just east of Aghagallon they were met by local men who refused them passage. A fight incurred and the Battle of Annaghdroghal began. Col. Sharp led his men in the first attack and was fatally wounded by "The Darkie" McStravick, receiving a chest wound from a three pronged muck fork. McStravick fled the scene and dumped the fork (The Three Pronged Revolver) down a dry well at Derryclone. The fork was retrieved around 1890 from the well and was presented to a local museum by Phelim McStravick in 2008
Keep 'er lit

illdecide

"Aghacommon"...Cough cough ;)

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

illdecide

The Gs Man

Big Pat and the Pedantic Dew
Keep 'er lit

lurganblue

See the town made the headlines again yesterday after a mighty hullabaloo at the graveyard. Reports of 4 people stabbed and the air ambulance on the scene.  Somehow only one person arrested. This could easily be in the WTF thread. No respect even at funerals these days.

paddyjohn

Quote from: lurganblue on February 13, 2018, 11:53:39 AM
See the town made the headlines again yesterday after a mighty hullabaloo at the graveyard. Reports of 4 people stabbed and the air ambulance on the scene.  Somehow only one person arrested. This could easily be in the WTF thread. No respect even at funerals these days.

Who was getting buried?

tonto1888

Quote from: lurganblue on February 13, 2018, 11:53:39 AM

fun and games at these funerals

Minder

Take it this was the gypos?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"