FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

When are youse getting rid of Marty? We'll give youse Mick.

Itchy

O Neill has to go, an absolute shambles every game. Can't even try to do the right thing.

michaelg

Quote from: snoopdog on November 15, 2018, 09:26:56 PM
Norn iron should be 3 up. At least they try to play football.
TBF, the ROI let us play football.  NI were allowed to play it out from the back with ease. MON (NI version) teams don't generally allow opposition teams to do that.  Luckily for you boys, we aren't good enough to do much with it.

David McKeown

I don't understand why the FAI are willing to have a friendly against and swell the coffers of an association who's publicly stated aim is to try and dissuade Irish players from playing for Ireland and is willing to take Irish players to court to further that aim.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Over the Bar

Quote from: David McKeown on November 15, 2018, 10:39:36 PM
I don't understand why the FAI are willing to have a friendly against and swell the coffers of an association who's publicly stated aim is to try and dissuade Irish players from playing for Ireland and is willing to take Irish players to court to further that aim.
Don't worry there's a hard Brexit coming which means a UI in 25 years, so no Norn Iron team to worry about and the repugnant Arlene will be living in Glasgae.

BennyCake

GSTQ as Norn Iron's "anthem" always looks cringeworthy, but it looks right pathetic tonight.  Jaysus lads, get out of the 1600's.

Does the IFA honestly not see why northern nationalists have no affiliation with the Norn Iron team?

michaelg

Didn't realise they were splitting the gate.

michaelg

Quote from: BennyCake on November 15, 2018, 10:50:48 PM
GSTQ as Norn Iron's "anthem" always looks cringeworthy, but it looks right pathetic tonight.  Jaysus lads, get out of the 1600's.

Does the IFA honestly not see why northern nationalists have no affiliation with the Norn Iron team?
Agree 100%.  They are shit scared to act as it would likely piss off a sizeable section of the support.

Tony Baloney

Did the OWC Parachute Regiment fleg get hung out at the Aviva? 

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 15, 2018, 11:00:02 PM

I scanned the away section a few times and didnt see it. Someone did have a St Patrick flag up with a NI crest. Bit more refreshing!

Applesisapples

This game is toxic, and that includes the football. and why do the FAI put that loyalist rag on the kit? NI have a large collection of sc**bag hangers on only interested in getting a rise. Throw in the flag and anthem and the IFA wonder why any self respecting nationalist prefers to play for the Republic.

seafoid

The DUP need a parachute at the moment
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

The FAI have #COYBIG and the IFA have #GAWA and these hashtags go on all social media posts. It is very organised and professional. A pity the soccer is so poor.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

michaelg

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on November 15, 2018, 11:40:14 PM

I scanned the away section a few times and didnt see it. Someone did have a St Patrick flag up with a NI crest. Bit more refreshing!
Seems like folk on here were willing the NI fans to let themselves down.  Bar a few boos for JMcC, it all seemed fairly "friendly".  Actually thought that the "He's one of our own" chant was quite amusing, but there you go.  I imagine a NI flag / banner with Rangers emblazened on it would have sparked quite a reaction.  Double standards anyone?

Taylor

Quote from: michaelg on November 16, 2018, 07:20:58 AM
Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on November 15, 2018, 11:40:14 PM

Seems like folk on here were willing the NI fans to let themselves down.  Bar a few boos for JMcC, it all seemed fairly "friendly".  Actually thought that the "He's one of our own" chant was quite amusing, but there you go.  I imagine a NI flag / banner with Rangers emblazened on it would have sparked quite a reaction.  Double standards anyone?

You imagine something and then say it is double standards........because you imagine something?
Seriously Michael - you are better than that.
Normally I find you quite insightful and refreshing but that is just pure nonsense and whatabouttery