Strategic Review of Gaelic Games in Laois 2017

Started by redsetanta, July 07, 2017, 12:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

This will be very important for the county going forward. The last review covered 2009 to 2015 however we are in a very different place now than we were in 2009.

Now is the time to speak with the people involved so voices are heard and subjects debated.

http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/sport/258687/breaking-laois-gaa-announce-plans-for-strategic-review-of-gaelic-games-in-the-county.html
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

steven seagal

A positive step, and I like the look of the committee. No one from the county board on it, which is a start. I'd like to see some current club players and/or managers added, I think their input would be important. Be interesting to see what the review comes up with.

town1980

i have just looked at the list of names on that commitee and how the hell is higgins, malachy, clancy,not even mentioned when there the ones who are seeing these teams week in week out no offence niall collins and ross past players good jaysus the root of the problem is that,niall doesnt live in fekn laois ross lives in dublin like holy god this is what riles the whole situation,take opinions from lads who are in the training side and are past payers who soldiered at a high level of playing,that commitee is an absolute joke

clonadmad

Quote from: town1980 on July 07, 2017, 12:26:58 PM
i have just looked at the list of names on that commitee and how the hell is higgins, malachy, clancy,not even mentioned when there the ones who are seeing these teams week in week out no offence niall collins and ross past players good jaysus the root of the problem is that,niall doesnt live in fekn laois ross lives in dublin like holy god this is what riles the whole situation,take opinions from lads who are in the training side and are past payers who soldiered at a high level of playing,that commitee is an absolute joke

You do realize it's a Strategic overview,not a tactical,day to day overview

Some good people such as David O'Brien and Eamonn Jackman on board,who are passionate hurling people and would have an insight and experience of the juvenile issues in the county.

I would also have no isssue adding to the committee,a few experienced non laois people who may or may not be residing in the county,who would bring aspects of best practice of their home county to the table as well.

For example someone at a high level,involved with the Cork underage hurling pipeline  which has undergone a complete systems overhaul from u12 to minor in the last 4/5 years.

One final caveat,you can have the best review and plans presented to the CB,but what use will it be if the recommendations aren't  implemented.

Does anyone have a copy of the last review 2009-15 to see what recommendations were implemented?

Unison

Good, but I hope the report will not be allowed to gather dust when it does emerge from this exercise.

redsetanta

FOr those who have the time to read it here is the last review for 2009 to 2015. I haven't time to go through it right now but it will be interesting to see what was acted upon.

http://sportlomo-userupload.s3.amazonaws.com/uploaded/7069/strgicplan.pdf
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

merman

Wouldn't know a few of the names on that committee but best of luck to them. Not an easy task and quite a short timeframe between now and Convention. Id imagine club managers wouldn't be able to give the time needed to drive this, I'd be disappointed if their opinions and ideas were not sought.

I suppose the committee will really just compile and put together the report; the real success of any such plan will rely on the quality of input from club/county coaches, players and officials. I would hope all clubs will be contacted; there are plenty of voices here, hopefully they will bring their opinions and ideas forward.

BallyroanAbu

Paper never refuses ink,  I am sure they will have great meetings but where exactly are we going to find money to implement this strategy.  We have had a few of these down the years and all I have seen is things getting progressively worse.  it's a PR exercise end of.  I am sure we will follow the Offaly County Board on this, their one is still in it's dust jacket.

manfromdelmonte

most of these plans will be put into place by volunteers

you need serious training, upskilling and support for those volunteers

OTF

The 2009 review was indeed a mighty document I have no doubt a small fortune was paid to a PR company to present it.

Anyone know was there any of it implemented.

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on July 07, 2017, 12:26:58 PM
You're a fucktard

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Don, do you not notice that everyone else is ignoring this poster because they now realise he is not worth a comment.
Please do the same and let's all get back to some decent dialogue here.

Comments like you've just given is just schoolyard stuff, you should have more pride in yourself...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on July 10, 2017, 01:09:47 AM
Don, do you not notice that everyone else is ignoring this poster because they now realise he is not worth a comment.

Comments like you've just given is just schoolyard stuff, you should have more pride in yourself...
He's still a fucktard

clonadmad

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on July 10, 2017, 01:09:47 AM

Well said