Early morning pints in Dublin

Started by The Watcher Pat, July 31, 2008, 12:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

4 or 5 would usually do before a match. Any more and ya don't take in much of the match in terms of tactics. Been to a couple of matches pissed, particularly soccer and often missed I'd been a bit more sensible before hand.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

mylestheslasher

Quote from: fred the red on July 31, 2008, 11:02:26 PM
Quote from: Tommy Tight Lips on July 31, 2008, 10:58:42 PM
if someone has worked hard all week and are spending well earned cash to go and follow their county then its entirely up to them if they want to drink pints before a game,its all part of the days crack.its not impossible to drink pints before a game and behave urself at the match.yes it is true u can often see some young lads with a few beers on slabbering with every 2nd word a swear word but ull also find plenty of foul mouthed people at football games with no drink on board

Here Here

There is a massive difference between having a few pints before the game and looking for an early house in Dublin. Anyone heading for the early house is surely intent on getting blotto. Yes its their money and their time but personnally I'd like to see guys who are blotto being refused entry to matches as the often end up standing next to me roaring abuse for half the match. The question is are ye GAA fans or just looking for another excuse to get pissed.

loughshore lad

Quote from: screenexile on July 31, 2008, 03:39:25 PM
I'm the same ziggy. An odd time I'd take a couple but getting blocked at a match wouldn't appeal to me at all. I'd have somebody lamped just past the throw in and if it was a Tyrone game I'd have had bate 10 boys out of the bar before the match even started!

lol!!! According to some on here you couldnt beat much!!

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on July 31, 2008, 03:46:11 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 31, 2008, 03:35:55 PM
I've never understood the need for a drink before a match.

There is nothing worse than standing beside or being in the company of blocked teenagers or adults at a game.  A few is grand, but there is no need for a feed of pints.  If your train leaves at 7.17 (dunno where from) you'll be in the city at around 10.  Thats some pints drank before the game.  Make sure somebody at home tapes it for you  ;D

The match throws in at 12 so i wont get that many pints between 10 and 11.30 or so....

But Cheers for the help lads....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME