Down Championship Predictions Competition

Started by Bacon, July 18, 2007, 09:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Looking at Bacons predictions the big match of the first rounds is the local Derby between Carryduff and Bredagh, Bacon has went for the Duff to beat Bredagh, why?

what do the rest of you think?

for the neutrals and unenlightened amongst you this is one hell of a match
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Bacon

Quote from: Square Ball on August 07, 2007, 01:15:36 AM
Looking at Bacons predictions the big match of the first rounds is the local Derby between Carryduff and Bredagh, Bacon has went for the Duff to beat Bredagh, why?

what do the rest of you think?

for the neutrals and unenlightened amongst you this is one hell of a match

Carryduff are playing in Div 2 and the standard is far higher than Div 3. I reckon they'll be too strong for a very one-dimensional Bredagh. But I agree that it should be well worth a trip to Downpatrick on Saturday evening.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Bacon

Quote from: Colonel Cool on August 02, 2007, 08:55:45 PM

Junior Hurling this weekend.
Castlewellan have prepared well after a poor start to the league and I think they'll take Bredagh by 3 points. Bredagh play like individuals whereas Castlewellan at full strenght are a team. Div 1 experience is priceless at this level.

Ballycran to beat the Point by 10. Warrenpoint have done great work at underage and their time will come. But not this year.

Ballela are considedered by all to be favorites but I think they will struggle to field a strong team. McCambridge & Murphy are away on holidays because they were told the match was fixed for last night. They are missing others too. Clonduff played very well earlier in the leage and I predict an upset - Clonduff to win.

Portaferry will beat Ballygalget on Saturday in Ballycran but neither will win the championship. Potaferry's IHC team haven't played yet and Growler picked a strong team for Ballygalget. I have to go for the Ports in this game but weather on not they can win the championship I don't know.

God Colonel Cool you don't know much about Junior hurling outside the Ards! Big wins for Bredagh & Ballela. When is you game with the Point being played?

Forgot me Boots

Might take a wee trip to Downpatrick myself on Saturday to watch this one, would love to see bredagh get one over that shower. never liked playing against them, it wasn't that they were better or anything like that, just they had this holier than thou attitude as if they had invented the game.

is there much talk of this game locally? I believe there are a few Bredagh boys on this site, any Duffers?

DownFanatic

Thursday 9th August

Powerade SFC 7.30pm in Clonduff, Kilcoo v Liatroim - Kilcoo to shade it. Liatroim have been in good form of late but Kilcoo have the greater attacking threat.

Friday 10th August

Powerade SFC 7.30pm in Atticall, Clonduff v Bryansford- Bryansford should just emerge winners here by the smallest of margins. Could be tie of the round

'Around A Pound' IFC 7.30pm Castlewellan, Glenn v Downpatrick - Downpatrick by cricket score. Glenn are woeful

'Around A Pound' IFC 7.30pm in Dundrum, Saval v Kilclief - Saval should turn in a fine display but Kilclief will win it by a point

Saturday 11th August

Powerade SFC 5pm in Newcastle, Shamrocks v Loughinisland- Loughinisland by a couple. They wont get it easy though

Powerade SFC 6.30pm in Newcastle, An Riocht v Castlewellan - An Riocht will fall just short. Castlwellan will be victors in a low scoring tie

'Around A Pound' IFC 5pm in Downpatrick, Teconnaught v Dundrum - Let the Gods decide!

'Around A Pound' IFC 6.30pm in Downpatrick, Carryduff v Bredagh - Carryduff handily enough I think. Bredagh have one threat and one threat only. The Duff need this win after a disastrous season

Sunday 12th August

Powerade SFC 5pm in Newry, Burren v Warrenpoint - Burren will defeat their neighbours but not humiliate them

Powerade SFC 6.30pm in Newry, Drumgath v Longstone - Drumgath will need to restore pride in this one but the Stone to win at a canter

'Around A Pound' IFC 1pm in St. Johns, Darragh Cross v Clann Na Banna - Draw followed by another draw and Darragh to sneak it in a second replay only for it to end in a draw. Banbridge to progress in what could be a lengthy contest

'Around A Pound' IFC 2.30pm in An Riocht, Ballyholland v Glasdrumman - I have my doubts about Ballyholland and Rony Murtagh should do enough to see them through.

Monday 13th August

Powerade SFC 7.30pm in Burren, Mayobridge v Atticall - Mayobridge by at least 10. Easy call.

Powerade SFC 7.30pm in Drumgath, Rostrevor v Annaclone  - Annaclone to produce the shock of the 1st Round and dump out Rostrevor

'Around A Pound' IFC 7.30pm in Ballykinlar, Saul v Ballymartin - Ballymartin will not get it easy but they should be able to step it up a level against a Division 2 standard Saul team

Tuesday 14th August

'Around A Pound' IFC 7.30pm in Kilcoo, Tullylish v Ardglass - Tullylish by a good amount. The soccer season has started again in Ardglass.

JFC 7.30pm in Drumgath, Bosco v Dromara - Bosco to struggle but will work through to the last 8

JFC 7.30pm in Glenn, Mitchels v St. Michaels - St Michael's will fall to the silent assassins of this years JFC.

JFC 7.30pm in Carryduff, St. Pauls v Drumaness - Hard one to call. Im goin for Drumaness on form.

bridgegael

Thursday 9th August

Powerade SFC 7.30pm in Clonduff, Kilcoo v Liatroim - liatroim

Friday 10th August

Powerade SFC 7.30pm in Atticall, Clonduff v Bryansford- Bryansford

'Around A Pound' IFC 7.30pm Castlewellan, Glenn v Downpatrick - Downpatrick

'Around A Pound' IFC 7.30pm in Dundrum, Saval v Kilclief - Saval

Saturday 11th August

Powerade SFC 5pm in Newcastle, Shamrocks v Loughinisland- Loughinisland

Powerade SFC 6.30pm in Newcastle, An Riocht v Castlewellan - An Riocht

'Around A Pound' IFC 5pm in Downpatrick, Teconnaught v Dundrum - dundrum

'Around A Pound' IFC 6.30pm in Downpatrick, Carryduff v Bredagh -Bredagh

Sunday 12th August

Powerade SFC 5pm in Newry, Burren v Warrenpoint - Burren

Powerade SFC 6.30pm in Newry, Drumgath v Longstone-longstone

'Around A Pound' IFC 1pm in St. Johns, Darragh Cross v Clann Na Banna - clann na banna

'Around A Pound' IFC 2.30pm in An Riocht, Ballyholland v Glasdrumman -  Ballyholland

Monday 13th August

Powerade SFC 7.30pm in Burren, Mayobridge v Atticall - Mayobridge

Powerade SFC 7.30pm in Drumgath, Rostrevor v Annaclone  - Rostrevor

'Around A Pound' IFC 7.30pm in Ballykinlar, Saul v Ballymartin - Ballymartin

Tuesday 14th August

'Around A Pound' IFC 7.30pm in Kilcoo, Tullylish v Ardglass - Tullylish

JFC 7.30pm in Drumgath, Bosco v Dromara - Bosco

JFC 7.30pm in Glenn, Mitchels v St. Michaels - Mitchels

JFC 7.30pm in Carryduff, St. Pauls v Drumaness - st. pauls

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

general

in relation to glenn V downpatrick i dont think it will be such a hammering that people assume it will be. altho glenn lie 4th bottom in div 3, they hav  players that can and no doubt will step up to the mark, however if downpatrick can keep the likes of damien o'hare and chubby lennon from scoring it will be alot easier...

if glenn keep the 2 big downpatrick midfielders out of the game the downpatrick team will fall apart, no doubt about this!!!

should b interesting in castlewellan on friday nite!

amallon

Thursday 9th August

Powerade SFC 7.30pm in Clonduff, Kilcoo v Liatroim - Kilcoo by 4 or 5

Friday 10th August

Powerade SFC 7.30pm in Atticall, Clonduff v Bryansford- Bryansford will be just too strong. Is Aidan Carr home?

'Around A Pound' IFC 7.30pm Castlewellan, Glenn v Downpatrick - Downpatrick

'Around A Pound' IFC 7.30pm in Dundrum, Saval v Kilclief - Saval

Saturday 11th August

Powerade SFC 5pm in Newcastle, Shamrocks v Loughinisland- Loughinisland should win well

Powerade SFC 6.30pm in Newcastle, An Riocht v Castlewellan - Castlwellan

'Around A Pound' IFC 5pm in Downpatrick, Teconnaught v Dundrum - Dundrum

'Around A Pound' IFC 6.30pm in Downpatrick, Carryduff v Bredagh - Bredagh

Sunday 12th August

Powerade SFC 5pm in Newry, Burren v Warrenpoint - Burren

Powerade SFC 6.30pm in Newry, Drumgath v Longstone- Longstone - I'd like Drumgath to put up a good performance but their recent for suggests it will be over by half time.

'Around A Pound' IFC 1pm in St. Johns, Darragh Cross v Clann Na Banna - Clann

'Around A Pound' IFC 2.30pm in An Riocht, Ballyholland v Glasdrumman -  Ballyholland

Monday 13th August

Powerade SFC 7.30pm in Burren, Mayobridge v Atticall - Mayobridge

Powerade SFC 7.30pm in Drumgath, Rostrevor v Annaclone  - I fancy the Clone to cause a bit of an upset.  Is it true that Monk Cole hasn't played for Rostrevor since the county got beat by Meath?

'Around A Pound' IFC 7.30pm in Ballykinlar, Saul v Ballymartin - Ballymartin

Tuesday 14th August

'Around A Pound' IFC 7.30pm in Kilcoo, Tullylish v Ardglass - Tullylish

JFC 7.30pm in Drumgath, Bosco v Dromara - Bosco

JFC 7.30pm in Glenn, Mitchels v St. Michaels - Mitchels

JFC 7.30pm in Carryduff, St. Pauls v Drumaness - Drumaness
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

boscomo

boys bosco have 9 1st team players missing for tuesday nights clash v dromara and thats the truth, boys on holiday, hurt, irish school, rumours are circulating that i will be making a return for the seniors on tuesday night.
not true.................................dromora seemed to have a good result v st micheals last friday night scoring 1-15 or there abouts so this will be a great match with lots of scoring i think.

will have to be a homer and go with the bosco.

our newry rivals mitchels will have a tough encounter v st. micheals but i think the newry reds will come through it just.

st.pauls and drumaness should serve up a tasty treat, the hollywood team have played some decent football in div 3 and i think that might get them through, drumaness whilst strolling through the 4th div might find it a tad tougher against the div3 team   st. pauls to win it 3 points.
if in doubt eat it

southdown

What would anyone consider to be the potential shock result of the round?? Id say if Atical beat the Bridge it would be one of the great shocks in our county.

amallon

Some of the games are fairly evenly match so if either team won you wouldn't have a shock on your hands.  So I'll discard these games

Kilcoo v Liatroim
Clonduff v Bryansford
An Riocht v Castlewellan * If the Kingdom won I'd be surprised but probably not shocked!

If any of the underdogs won in the games below it would be shock result. 
Shamrocks v Loughinisland
Burren v Warrenpoint
Drumgath v Longstone
Mayobridge v Atticall
Rostrevor v Annaclone **** This one is my tip for the shock of the round

Imagine my shock n horror if Attical dumped us out!  :-[

wobbller

And imagine the delight for the rest of our County.We may get a County winner that could do us proud in Ulster unlike last year's winner!

amallon

Quote from: wobbller on August 08, 2007, 04:30:19 PM
And imagine the delight for the rest of our County.We may get a County winner that could do us proud in Ulster unlike last year's winner!

If you are good enough to win the county championship you are the best team to represent Down in Ulster.  Thats the way it always has been and will be (except for 1999)

Bacon

Football starts tonight lads. Any more predictions?

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid