Harry not going to Iraq

Started by High Catch, May 16, 2007, 04:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Catch

Defence force have changed their mind, I say he shit himself.

Galwaybhoy

Common sence here, the right decision was made.  It wouldnt be fair to the other soldiers out there with him, as the risk of death for them would be a lot higher.  I also feel Harry would have went out there, but its safer for all if not.

Fluffy Che

Personally, l dont give a shit about Harry or any of the royals. They bore me..
Midnight to Six..

ziggysego

Quote from: Fluffy Che on May 16, 2007, 07:25:59 PM
Personally, l dont give a shit about Harry or any of the royals. They bore me..

Me too.

However this was the right decision. Not for Harry, but for the people he would serving against. They would have been targets and that wasn't fair on the rest of them.
Testing Accessibility

Donagh

I take it he's going to live up to his promise of leaving the army because he can't go?

The Gs Man

I bet ye he's really going but they're only saying he's not for a laugh.
Keep 'er lit

Hereiam

Don't really give a shit about him or what he does. The main point is none off them should be there to start with.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Donagh on May 16, 2007, 08:18:34 PM
I take it he's going to live up to his promise of leaving the army because he can't go?

Was thinking the same thing myself Donagh, seemingly he's gutted lets see just how much!
Tbc....

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

What's this all about that "it would be awful if the third in line to the British throne were to be murdered".

So fcukin what. Then someone else would be third in line. Who really gives a shit.

The woman whose son was murdered in that non-sensical war in 2005 spoke well, mind. She said, if Iraq is not good enough for the Royals, then it's not good enough for anyone - get them all home.

Mind, Harry Windsor can now be posted to Norn Iron and man the remaining sangar in Larne.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

his holiness nb

""it would be awful if the third in line to the British throne were to be murdered"

I wouldnt call it murder if he was killed in Iraq.
Its an illegal war, the Brits started it, people have the right to defend their country from invasion.

Murder is not an appropriate word in this case.

Not that I would wish him dead.
Ask me holy bollix

full back

Heard on Newsline last night, there is a possibility that he will go to Iraq at some stage when all of this fanfare dies down. They reckon he might be posted to a different region with very few people knowing  about it.
IMO, I feel it is a propaganda victory for Iraq & Iran.
It is a joke mind you that it is ok for plebs to die but the patricians (sp) must be protected at all costs, has the world moved on at all?

Hardy

Quote from: full back on May 17, 2007, 12:27:47 PM
IMO, I feel it is a propaganda victory for Iraq & Iran.

Definitely - in the Islamic community anyway. All the more so when the Brits and Americans are sending women to die in Iraq - as the Iranians made great play of when they captured the straying British "sailors".

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: Gnevin on May 17, 2007, 12:14:38 PM
what's a sangar?

"a term for a small temporary fortified position with a breastwork originally of stone, now built of sandbags and similar materials. "

not that I got that from wikipedia, mind. It's a Brit hut, basically.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"