Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Club boi on May 14, 2019, 10:35:01 PM
All this talk about an AI final, we got laid there last year by beating NOBODY of value. We got beat TWICE at home and still got to an AI final because we didnt meet Kerry/Mayo or Dublin in a proper knock out game. This Tyrone team may not be what you's all think of them

Kerry got played off the park by Monaghan last year and mayo got knocked out by an average Kildare team. Tyrone beat Monaghan and Donegal who operated at a level above both. Kerry and mayo could both improve this year but no idea why we needed to beat them last year to prove anything.

Club boi

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 14, 2019, 10:40:09 PM
All this talk about an AI final, we got laid there last year by beating NOBODY of value. We got beat TWICE at home and still got to an AI final because we didnt meet Kerry/Mayo or Dublin in a proper knock out game. This Tyrone team may not be what you's all think of them

Kerry got played off the park by Monaghan last year and mayo got knocked out by an average Kildare team. Tyrone beat Monaghan and Donegal who operated at a level above both. Kerry and mayo could both improve this year but no idea why we needed to beat them last year to prove anything.

When was the last time we beat either of these so called "Big 3" in the AI series??

Angelo

Quote from: Club boi on May 14, 2019, 10:42:56 PM

We haven't played Kerry or Mayo in Championship since 2016.

When was the last time we beat either of these so called "Big 3" in the AI series??
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Club boi on May 14, 2019, 10:42:56 PM

As their performances showed neither team were in the big 3 last year. You can't beat teams that are already knocked out. Based on their performances Tyrone would more than likely have beaten both last year. It could be a different story this year as both as likely to improve but I'd be fairly confident of having a decent chance against them particularly Kerry.

trueblue1234

Quote from: trailer on May 14, 2019, 09:48:07 PM
Quote from: Jayop on May 14, 2019, 05:40:49 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 14, 2019, 05:25:48 PM
Sorry but that's just bollocks. They're fit. They're not holding back. 4 months is nothing. Soccer teams stay fit for near on 9 or 10 months. These guys are doing their own work outside of collective training. They're unreal athletes.
When did 9 games become a lot of football? What do you think a county team is doing when they are not playing matches? They're training. And if you ask any county player what they'd rather do, they'd pick playing football matches over training everyday and twice on a Sunday.

You don't think teams tailor their training to peak at certain times of the year? You don't think the levels of intensity required for the later stages of the championship vs early rounds against d4 teams could result in more injuries? What a player would rather do is irrelevant. Every panel be it club or county will be doing different levels of training at different times of the year. There's science to this now and having the lads bouncing around the dressing room, punching walls before these early round games because their wound up to the last is dumb.

Soccer teams are professional athletes with much bigger squads who have no day jobs to interfere with their training. The comparison is completely moot.

Tyrone have more respect for the Ulster championship and Derry than to turn up unfit. You're wrong.

He's not. There is no way Tyrone are aiming to be as fit and as sharp now as what they want to be in July, August Sept. Burnout is a real thing and any county manager who has hopes to be involved late in the year will manage it. Part of that is increasing match fitness and sharpness throughout the year.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GetOverTheBar

There is a lot made these days of 'peaking' and the likes training wise. This isn't like the club where they run the shite out of you for 2 months. Go straight into 5 games....then back into another pre season camp if you haven't won 3 of the 5.

At any county, training is tailored accordingly to both individual and position. They'll have been doing their gym programmes over the last X amount of months - to get to the county you need to be of obviously above the norm physical excellence anyway so very little 'peaking' needs to be done, it's more a refinement process bearing in mind you are dealing with the best of the best anyway.

Obviously some lads will need to work on certain aspects to improve their game, but they don't go up to Garvaghy and run sprint after sprint until they are sick - there is a time and place for that obviously but by and large, lots of Tyrone training time is spent on patterns of play / defensive structure etc. I'd imagine if you pick any night to go and watch Tyrone train over the next few months you'd be surprised how little they do. It's more keeping the dog on the leash right now.

I would say the main difference is, if you go and watch their tackling drills etc - the intensity will catch the eye more than anything. The pressure exerted will be up a level to anything at the club and that's really one of the major differences between club and county - there isn't any amount of sprints you can do that will match the sheer empty feeling of tackling drills especially at that level, I'm sure.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 15, 2019, 09:55:22 AM
There is a lot made these days of 'peaking' and the likes training wise. This isn't like the club where they run the shite out of you for 2 months. Go straight into 5 games....then back into another pre season camp if you haven't won 3 of the 5.

At any county, training is tailored accordingly to both individual and position. They'll have been doing their gym programmes over the last X amount of months - to get to the county you need to be of obviously above the norm physical excellence anyway so very little 'peaking' needs to be done, it's more a refinement process bearing in mind you are dealing with the best of the best anyway.

Obviously some lads will need to work on certain aspects to improve their game, but they don't go up to Garvaghy and run sprint after sprint until they are sick - there is a time and place for that obviously but by and large, lots of Tyrone training time is spent on patterns of play / defensive structure etc. I'd imagine if you pick any night to go and watch Tyrone train over the next few months you'd be surprised how little they do. It's more keeping the dog on the leash right now.

I would say the main difference is, if you go and watch their tackling drills etc - the intensity will catch the eye more than anything. The pressure exerted will be up a level to anything at the club and that's really one of the major differences between club and county - there isn't any amount of sprints you can do that will match the sheer empty feeling of tackling drills especially at that level, I'm sure.

There's alot of 'I'd imagine' and 'I would say' there. Do you watch Tyrone training often?

toby47

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 15, 2019, 09:55:22 AM

Of course their is 'peaking' applied to county teams

trailer

There you have it. Tyrone are unfit.

Never read so much shite in my life.

trueblue1234

Quote from: trailer on May 15, 2019, 11:00:28 AM

Do yourself a favour and learn to read. It won't look as much as shite once you do. Your ability to overreact to any post is impressive.

trailer

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 15, 2019, 11:03:55 AM

Do yourself a favour and learn to read. It won't look as much as shite once you do. Your ability to overreact to any post is impressive.

Enlighten me. They're either fit or unfit. Which is it.

trueblue1234

They're fit. But not as fit as they will be in August.

Consider yourself enlightened.

BennyHarp

Quote from: trailer on May 15, 2019, 11:30:57 AM

Seriously Trailer - you really are coming across as a complete buffoon here.
That was never a square ball!!

Jayop

Mother of God  ::) ::)

Fear ón Srath Bán

There are degrees of fitness, just like there are degrees of peaking -- are you at full pelt eejitry all the time? :P ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...