Donegal V Tyrone Ulster Final 17th July

Started by never kickt a ball, July 03, 2016, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Spot on Omagh Gael - the amount of times i was screaming at the tv to just shows the f*****g match instead of shots of managers, fans, the grass growing! Thank god thats their input over for the year anyway in terms of camera work. In fairness I like their commentary team and their studio pundits far better than O'Rourke and Spillane who seem to spend half time offering their view on whether they are enjoying the match.

Also a word on Sean Cavanagh - quiet first half but if ever you can rely on a man to produce the good when needed he is that man. Felt sorry for Ronan O'Neill in there in the first half there was not a hope in hell he was going to have an impact in that game. I hope he starts in the quarter final though.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: square_ball on July 18, 2016, 09:27:18 AM
Spot on Omagh Gael - the amount of times i was screaming at the tv to just shows the f*****g match instead of shots of managers, fans, the grass growing! Thank god thats their input over for the year anyway in terms of camera work. In fairness I like their commentary team and their studio pundits far better than O'Rourke and Spillane who seem to spend half time offering their view on whether they are enjoying the match.

Also a word on Sean Cavanagh - quiet first half but if ever you can rely on a man to produce the good when needed he is that man. Felt sorry for Ronan O'Neill in there in the first half there was not a hope in hell he was going to have an impact in that game. I hope he starts in the quarter final though.

McCurry had a big impact when he came on so I would suspect O'Neill's place is in jeopardy.

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyCake on July 17, 2016, 02:28:59 PM
Is Sean Cavanagh still waiting in the car park in Garvaghey? He's certainly not in Clones.

It would have been handier for Tyrone if he had turned up.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omagh_gael

Darren McCurry is bound to be chomping at the bit to get starting. He has shown very well in every game so far. To be fair, O'Neill and McAliskey had an impossible job yesterday.

Against teams like Donegal I think it's inevitable that you'll see teams play with no full forward line. Shane suggested last night that Brennan could start in place of R O'Neill and he might not have been far wrong.

Esmarelda

I agree completely with what Benny and square_ball said.

The match was enthralling in my view with great scores from both sides.

I didn't notice Cavanagh in the first half but what a performance from him in the second. His point was incredible given the pressure he was under. I didn't realise he was 33.

The BBC camera work is beyond frustrating but probably worth it considering the commentators on RTE.

Hereiam

Its was tough for O'Neill yesterday as any time he made a move for the ball 3 Donegal players where with him but in saying that if it is'nt happening for you in one half of the game you should be able to adopt your style and make it happen, O'Neill didn't do this and that's why he was replaced. Maybe with the open space of croker he gets to show what he is well capable of doing.

aontroim abu

Quote from: red hander on July 17, 2016, 05:22:36 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on July 17, 2016, 04:32:13 PM
Tyrone hard done by by ref. How was there no red card for kick on Cavanagh?

That clown Coldrick actually gave a yellow card for it, which defies logic, and then couple of seconds later Thompson committed a rugby tackle and he ignored it completely  >:(

100% right, it happened right in front of me, ref seen it as did linesman.

Both black cards were legit, Brennans wasn't a penalty, thought Donegal had a shout for one when McCann ran into someone from behind. I also thought Kavanagh should've had a black for his tackle just before half time. Murphy treads a very fine line, pretty soon some ref has to stand up to him. Thought both Harte's and Cavanaghs points were pure class, as was Murphys free from distance.

Esmarelda

Quote from: aontroim abu on July 18, 2016, 11:15:51 AM

That clown Coldrick actually gave a yellow card for it, which defies logic, and then couple of seconds later Thompson committed a rugby tackle and he ignored it completely  >:(

Both black cards were legit, Brennans wasn't a penalty, thought Donegal had a shout for one when McCann ran into someone from behind. I also thought Kavanagh should've had a black for his tackle just before half time. Murphy treads a very fine line, pretty soon some ref has to stand up to him. Thought both Harte's and Cavanaghs points were pure class, as was Murphys free from distance.
You think Donnelly intentionally charged into McHugh?

Hereiam

The clothes line on Bradley near the end should have been a straight red

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 18, 2016, 11:23:12 AM

What's worse than that is McHugh runs straight at him and jumps into him.

aontroim abu

Yes I do

Walter Cronc

Donnelly definitely could have avoided contact lads. He took at least one extra step into McHugh. The hands went out to make it look as though it wasn't nasty - though he isn't that kinda player in fairness. More a letting him know he was there.

I still cant get my head around why a proper sin bin isn't in place for something like that.

aontroim abu

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 18, 2016, 11:26:33 AM

What's worse than that is McHugh runs straight at him and jumps into him.

in this day and age Donnelly should've known what to expect, in my opinion he deliberately hit McHugh, had no intention of pulling out, and should've knew McHugh would've run on into him and milked it (though in fairness he actually didn't, he was injured)

on another matter what the hell is with this Donegal keeper???? He leapt about yesterday like he was shot, lay down curled up like he was crying for his mommy?? ffs its a contact sport, a mans game, grow a pair

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 18, 2016, 11:35:06 AM
Donnelly definitely could have avoided contact lads. He took at least one extra step into McHugh. The hands went out to make it look as though it wasn't nasty - though he isn't that kinda player in fairness. More a letting him know he was there.

I still cant get my head around why a proper sin bin isn't in place for something like that.

I agree about the sin bin. A lad shouldn't be having to leave the play for the rest of the match. for an incident like that. Refs might be more inclined to be more consistent with the black card if it only incurred a 10min cooling off period for the player. After two black cards a ref doesn't want to give anymore in fear of destroying the game. The cop out yellow could then be avoided. As it stands the black card is not fit for purpose and is a controversial point in nearly every big game!
That was never a square ball!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 18, 2016, 11:39:02 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 18, 2016, 11:35:06 AM

I agree about the sin bin. A lad shouldn't be having to leave the play for the rest of the match. for an incident like that. Refs might be more inclined to be more consistent with the black card if it only incurred a 10min cooling off period for the player. After two black cards a ref doesn't want to give anymore in fear of destroying the game. The cop out yellow could then be avoided. As it stands the black card is not fit for purpose and is a controversial point in nearly every big game!

Why have we not introduced a sin bin?? Fear of copying rugby and doing it our way mentality??