Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Darren Coen is some footballer, absolute fantastic display by him this evening, scored 1-5 I think at the start of the second half, looked like he had sunk us. Luckily Adrian orme stepped up and scored 3 pts and it got us back into it. We finished very well, scored the last 1-6. Tom Clarke really stood up when things were going against us. Darren McHale scored an absolute peach at the end.
Back in the quarters, big difference to the muck we watched against Garrymore last year
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

macdanger2

Senior QFs
Knockmore v Castlebar
Belmullet v Ballintubber
Ballina v Breaffy
Davitts v Ballaghderreen

Intermediate QFs
Ardnaree v Ballyhaunis
Parke v Louisburgh
Kiltimagh v The Neale
Crossmolina v Burrishoole

Mayo4Sam

Castlebar in Castlebar, seems fair alright, who the f**k do they think they are, Dublin?

Why is it not back in Ballina like it was two years ago?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 11, 2019, 02:14:17 PM
Castlebar in Castlebar, seems fair alright, who the f**k do they think they are, Dublin?

Why is it not back in Ballina like it was two years ago?

I'm sick of the sight of them too regardless of where it's played. We'll be outsiders but should give it a go.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

saffronandblue

A bit of a stretch to say it's a neutral venue to play Castlebar Mitchell's in McHale Park, Castlebar.  They have even more influence than the Dubs do in Croke Park.  Every cent from the match programmes sold in McHale Park, even at county games goes to the Mitchell's.  Every cup of tea or bar of chocolate sold all year in the ground goes to the Mitchell's.   Every car park that charges you money around the ground goes to the Mitchell's.  While other clubs are really struggling financially, Mayo GAA have created their own version of Dublin on the club scene.  It's beyond a joke. 

Farrandeelin

Fair fucks to Ballina tonight. Didn't see it but beating Breaffy aet by 5. Hope we can do the same tomorrow against the Mitchels!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 21, 2019, 09:45:22 PM
Fair f**ks to Ballina tonight. Didn't see it but beating Breaffy aet by 5. Hope we can do the same tomorrow against the Mitchels!

I hope ye can too.

Sweet win for Ballina. Especially considering what happened last year.

stephenite

Quote from: moysider on September 21, 2019, 10:45:01 PM
Fair f**ks to Ballina tonight. Didn't see it but beating Breaffy aet by 5. Hope we can do the same tomorrow against the Mitchels!

I hope ye can too.

Yep - good enough for the arrogant pricks

moysider

Quote from: stephenite on September 22, 2019, 01:08:07 AM

I hope ye can too.

In fairness I doubt that call is reflective of Breaffy. I think I know who made it and of course it was incredibly poor judgement. Ballina should have been about winning that game today anyway and I don t think that shite like that had any bearing on things. At least I hope not.

stephenite

Quote from: moysider on September 22, 2019, 01:36:39 AM
Quote from: stephenite on September 22, 2019, 01:08:07 AM

I hope ye can too.

In fairness I doubt that call is reflective of Breaffy. I think I know who made it and of course it was incredibly poor judgement. Ballina should have been about winning that game today anyway and I don t think that shite like that had any bearing on things. At least I hope not.

Fair enough

larryin89

Hard luck farr, five points up at one stage too. Ballagh might take Mitchell's in the next one, they looked very game last night full of running .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Mayo4Sam

Soft goal and not winning any kick outs killed us, they were there for the taking

Ballagha won't beat them, other than Andy they are very poor

larryin89

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 22, 2019, 05:17:42 PM
Soft goal and not winning any kick outs killed us, they were there for the taking

Ballagha won't beat them, other than Andy they are very poor

Really , I thought ballagh looked very good last night , Akram , cian Hanley , drake can hardly be described as very poor .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .