Started by Itchy, April 28, 2019, 10:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Round 1 games played yesterday

Cavan 2-14 Fermanagh 1-7
Armagh 0-4 Derry 1-5
Donegal 1-8 Tyrone 1-12
Antrim 1-2 Monaghan 0-6

What are some coaches in Ulster at. 6 scores to 4 in one game and 6 scores to 3 in another. Minor was always the beautiful game and it's being ruined.

Anyone know the draw for next round?

Main Street

Storm Hannah and a finnicky ref  affected the game at Corrigan Park, not the coaches.

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on April 29, 2019, 11:13:44 AM
Storm Hannah and a finnicky ref  affected the game at Corrigan Park, not the coaches.

Ah now, was storm Hannah only in Corrigan park and it had mostly passed on Saturday anyway. I call BS on that main street.

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on April 29, 2019, 12:25:43 PM

Ah now, was storm Hannah only in Corrigan park and it had mostly passed on Saturday anyway. I call BS on that main street.
What a reply, an almost total absence of logic, research and evidence. I referred to the factors affecting one game that I had listened to on Northern Sound's live commentary, over and above the sound of the gale force conditions.
You can listen to a short report on the game here,
https://www.northernsound.ie/monaghan-manager-thankful-get-win-antrim/
but be warned, that action would require some effort and you will hear things that will directly conflict with your prejudices. And I suspect that might well be a dangerous experience for you.

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on April 29, 2019, 01:27:53 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 29, 2019, 12:25:43 PM

What a reply, an almost total absence of logic, research and evidence. I referred to the factors affecting one game that I had listened to on Northern Sound's live commentary, over and above the sound of the gale force conditions.
You can listen to a short report on the game here,
https://www.northernsound.ie/monaghan-manager-thankful-get-win-antrim/
but be warned, that action would require some effort and you will hear things that will directly conflict with your prejudices. And I suspect that might well be a dangerous experience for you.

So the logical answer is that both teams were playing against the wind for the entire game I suppose

skeog

Tyrone seriously impressive against Donegal according to reports from the game.Backdoor introduction casts a doubt though momentum can often be gained by a team beaten in the first round.

LeoMc

Quote from: skeog on April 29, 2019, 04:06:15 PM
Tyrone seriously impressive against Donegal according to reports from the game.Backdoor introduction casts a doubt though momentum can often be gained by a team beaten in the first round.

How does the back-door system work in this competition?

Itchy

Quote from: LeoMc on April 29, 2019, 04:12:50 PM

Everyone who loses in round 1 goes into a qualification back door, two teams emerge from that to play the two teams that won through to the semi final in the conventional manner.  I believe the two teams who made the final last year were both knocked out in the earlier rounds.

LeoMc

Quote from: Itchy on April 29, 2019, 05:11:08 PM

Everyone who loses in round 1 goes into a qualification back door, two teams emerge from that to play the two teams that won through to the semi final in the conventional manner.  I believe the two teams who made the final last year were both knocked out in the earlier rounds.
The 2 losing semi-finalists?

Itchy

Quote from: LeoMc on May 02, 2019, 07:12:12 AM

I th I k it was Derry v Monaghan in final. Cavan beat Derry in 1st rd and pretty sure someone had beaten monaghan too 

oakleaf93

Quote from: Itchy on May 03, 2019, 06:06:16 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on May 02, 2019, 07:12:12 AM

I th I k it was Derry v Monaghan in final. Cavan beat Derry in 1st rd and pretty sure someone had beaten monaghan too
Derry beat Monaghan first then lost to Cavan in Rd2. Monaghan and Derry then both made it through to the final via the backdoor

Main Street

35 or so minutes gone at Brewster pk,
carnival football
Monaghan 4-6  Donegal 2-9

straightred

Tyrone 1-14 Derry 0-10
Monaghan 5-10 Donegal 2-11

Hound

Great stuff out of Monaghan. Refusing to be small county, must be doing a helluva lot right somewhere.

Schkite

Good win by the Monaghan lads tonight, hopefully they keep that eye for a goal in the final. Would be great to do back to back Ulsters.