Quote from: idontbelieveit on October 14, 2010, 08:33:35 PM
SFC final
Burren v Bryansford

IFC final
Annaclone v Tullylish

MFC
Kilcoo v Rostrevor

same for me
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

True Blue

Quote from: True Blue on October 14, 2010, 09:29:09 PM
Quote from: idontbelieveit on October 14, 2010, 08:33:35 PM
SFC final
Burren v Bryansford

IFC final
Annaclone v Tullylish

MFC
Kilcoo v Rostrevor

same for me

although i must confess i would love it if my first prediction is wrong, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
Im going with my head on that 1 not my heart!!!
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

DownFanatic

SFC final
Burren v Bryansford

IFC final
Annaclone v Tullylish

MFC
Kilcoo v Rostrevor

twice is nice

Quote from: T O Hare on October 14, 2010, 12:45:23 AM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 13, 2010, 10:27:01 PM
Quote from: supersub on October 13, 2010, 10:23:06 PM
Quote from: twice is nice on October 13, 2010, 09:49:49 PM
Quote from: True Blue on October 13, 2010, 06:18:55 PM
Quote from: Leo on October 13, 2010, 05:14:59 PM
All-Star awards for McVeigh, Clarke, Hughes & Coulter.
While McKernan will feel unlucky I think the selectors got it right.

Congrats to the 4 boys on their awards. Have to feel for Kevin McKernan, he would have been my first choice out of the down nominees. I feel he was sacraficed as he would have taken 1 of the cork half backs, ie Canty, leaving cork with 3 & down with 5. it was never going to happen that down would have more. the last time the runners-up had more than the winners was in 91 when meath had more awards than down because of the dublin saga. I think the fact that nearly every pundit tipped kevin at CHB just makes it more of a shock. i suppose the cork supporters will be wondering how not 1 forward of the all ireland champions didnt make the cut.
congrats to our allstar recipients, each 1 fully deserves their accolade but probably none more so than benny, a brilliant servant to down and  all round leader illustrated better than ever in the game with donegal!! His displays for down over the years alone leave him worthy of his award. With regard to kevin, yes he will feel rightly aggrieved as i believe he would have been stronger candidate than philip jordan, think cantys pedigree over the last few years perhaps swayed the decision but have no doubt that after shaky start to our ulster campaign kevin has made no 6 his own and will continue to show his worth there in return becoming household name throughout ireland and spoken in same regards as the bennys, cantys etc.. an allstar will be on his mantlepiece in the future hopefully along with many other honours shared with his teammates!! both down and club(burren) { clonallon is a townland between burren and warrenpoint} where as hilltown is neighbouring ;D club to the bridge, thats free geography lesson for t o h

where most of the players are from ;) haha

The rest live in and around Saval/Mayobridge!!! ;D

There is also part of the parish in Donegal, Fermanagh and Louth  ;D ;D
ud hardly expect them boys 2 travel tat dist 4 club game, 1of ur stalwarts cudnt evn manage journey up ndown 2 point!! ::) with no disrespect to other clubs, evry1 wud rather wake up at hilton hotel rather than a hostel!! hence we have up n coming youngsters 2 ply trade at 2nds level etc.. wile....... u hav 48 yr old legends, (class act tho!!) ;D

Brick Tamlin

I blame the parents and to a lesser extent teachers.

Wee Shea

T O Hare

Quote from: twice is nice on October 14, 2010, 09:40:18 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on October 14, 2010, 12:45:23 AM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 13, 2010, 10:27:01 PM
Quote from: supersub on October 13, 2010, 10:23:06 PM
Quote from: twice is nice on October 13, 2010, 09:49:49 PM
Quote from: True Blue on October 13, 2010, 06:18:55 PM
Quote from: Leo on October 13, 2010, 05:14:59 PM
All-Star awards for McVeigh, Clarke, Hughes & Coulter.
While McKernan will feel unlucky I think the selectors got it right.

Congrats to the 4 boys on their awards. Have to feel for Kevin McKernan, he would have been my first choice out of the down nominees. I feel he was sacraficed as he would have taken 1 of the cork half backs, ie Canty, leaving cork with 3 & down with 5. it was never going to happen that down would have more. the last time the runners-up had more than the winners was in 91 when meath had more awards than down because of the dublin saga. I think the fact that nearly every pundit tipped kevin at CHB just makes it more of a shock. i suppose the cork supporters will be wondering how not 1 forward of the all ireland champions didnt make the cut.
congrats to our allstar recipients, each 1 fully deserves their accolade but probably none more so than benny, a brilliant servant to down and  all round leader illustrated better than ever in the game with donegal!! His displays for down over the years alone leave him worthy of his award. With regard to kevin, yes he will feel rightly aggrieved as i believe he would have been stronger candidate than philip jordan, think cantys pedigree over the last few years perhaps swayed the decision but have no doubt that after shaky start to our ulster campaign kevin has made no 6 his own and will continue to show his worth there in return becoming household name throughout ireland and spoken in same regards as the bennys, cantys etc.. an allstar will be on his mantlepiece in the future hopefully along with many other honours shared with his teammates!! both down and club(burren) { clonallon is a townland between burren and warrenpoint} where as hilltown is neighbouring ;D club to the bridge, thats free geography lesson for t o h

where most of the players are from ;) haha

The rest live in and around Saval/Mayobridge!!! ;D

There is also part of the parish in Donegal, Fermanagh and Louth  ;D ;D
ud hardly expect them boys 2 travel tat dist 4 club game, 1of ur stalwarts cudnt evn manage journey up ndown 2 point!! ::) with no disrespect to other clubs, evry1 wud rather wake up at hilton hotel rather than a hostel!! hence we have up n coming youngsters 2 ply trade at 2nds level etc.. wile....... u hav 48 yr old legends, (class act tho!!) ;D

Most of your stalwarts seem to manage the journey up and down to the point ;) ;)  ;D
As for the seconds , ten of the team which won the championship were under 20 and is it not worrying that your up and coming youngsters could not handle a 47 year old :D :D
Good luck on Sunday though, we have the same parish priest and who knows he could amalgamate the two clubs like Cabra and Hilltown after 57 :D ;D ;)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Brick Tamlin

twice is nice, explain the Hilton /Hostel comment if you will.

Johnnie99

SFC final
Burren v Bryansford

IFC final
Annaclone v Tullylish

MFC
Kilcoo v Rostrevor
Think i already predicted this one before anyway

John Martin

SFC final
Burren v Bryansford

IFC final
Annaclone v Tullylish

MFC
Kilcoo v Rostrevor

TheClutch

SFC final
Burren v Bryansford

IFC final
Annaclone v Tullylish

MFC
Kilcoo v Rostrevor
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

RGU08

SFC

Burren v Bryansford

IFC

Annaclone v Tullylish

MFC

Kilcoo v Rostrevor

Bearly on loose

Mourne Rover

It's a bit unfortunte that the minors have been switched away from their traditional slot before the senior final, and have to play under floodlights tonight in front of a much smaller crowd. An evening game would probably have been better for the intermediate final as well. Anyway, congratulations to Umpire for all his work on the predictions league,

SFC BUREN v B/ford.

IFC A/Clone v TULLYLISH

MFC KILCOO v Rostrevor

supersub

was going to say, how come the minor final isnt on before the senior final? Is there a reason or did they just decide to change it for change sake?

though minor b & intermediate fri night with minor a & senior sun would have been the ticket!