Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: Boat Race In The Crowd on December 13, 2009, 09:25:25 PM
The official rule is that the top two play-off....winner is 'A' champion and loser is 'B' champion.
It will get a bit more complicated if Bredagh draw with Cwellan as they will be level on points with Bford in 2nd place. Not sure what happens then, score difference? play-off for 2nd? dunno...will get it confirmed by the ED secretary

cheers.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Bacon

Quote from: johnneycool on December 13, 2009, 08:57:55 PM
Ger monan new down hurling manager according to some very good sources.

Good appointment if this is trough IMO.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

DownFanatic

supersub

how come the u20 competition in east down seems to be far better organised with teams getting far more matches than south down?

No1

Any truth in the rumour that Paul Evans is taking RGU III's S*ul this year?   ;)

Square Ball

Quote from: supersub on December 14, 2009, 12:25:17 AM
how come the u20 competition in east down seems to be far better organised with teams getting far more matches than south down?

what happened in South Down? how many entered it, how many matches did the teams have?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

dundrumite

Quote from: No1 on December 14, 2009, 09:06:40 AM
Any truth in the rumour that Paul Evans is taking RGU III's S*ul this year?   ;)
He took them before and got them promoted in 2003 perhaps?
Remember playing them in Saul that year. He had them in a circle in their warm up as we were jogging past and he was roaring at them to get stuck into that shower of sh@@e. Gave us all the motivation we needed that day.
Though to be fair he did have them very fit and they played some very good stuff under him.

Leo

Outgoing Chairman Kevin Bell is quoted in Irish News as having been excluded from the county 125 parade and celebrations. How did this happen and who is he getting at?

Also who is the new PRO and will he sort out the disaster that is the Down website?
Fierce tame altogether

5 Sams

Anyone at the convention yesterday? Congratulations to Séamus Walsh on getting the big job. Always a very pleasant guy to deal with. Best of luck to him.
The Aristocrat Years

off the laces

Quote from: dundrumite on December 14, 2009, 11:28:13 AM
Quote from: No1 on December 14, 2009, 09:06:40 AM
He took them before and got them promoted in 2003 perhaps?
Remember playing them in Saul that year. He had them in a circle in their warm up as we were jogging past and he was roaring at them to get stuck into that shower of sh@@e. Gave us all the motivation we needed that day.
Though to be fair he did have them very fit and they played some very good stuff under him.
If that is indeed true i will look forward to watching the games next year because knowing the man i believe he will get the best out off the current panel. Just hope the older guy's stay around to give the much needed experience as the league will be a tough run in this year.
Keeps 'er' straight

13aside

Heard there was an attempt to find out who the hell was responible for agreeing to hand over a down payment of several hundred thousand pounds for land(without planning permission) to replace that lost by Bryansford with the sale of Newcastle.To this day the planning permission still has not been granted.The debate was strangled- only last week Sean OG was quoted that buisness should be conducted 'THE DOWN WAY'.What kind of people do we have as administraters with this sort of malpractice plunging us further into the red with seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel.

Eartotheground

When We Win

Quote from: 13aside on December 14, 2009, 04:58:13 PM
Heard there was an attempt to find out who the hell was responible for agreeing to hand over a down payment of several hundred thousand pounds for land(without planning permission) to replace that lost by Bryansford with the sale of Newcastle.To this day the planning permission still has not been granted.The debate was strangled- only last week Sean OG was quoted that buisness should be conducted 'THE DOWN WAY'.What kind of people do we have as administraters with this sort of malpractice plunging us further into the red with seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel.

I assume you mean a payment from DCB to get them to leave??? I thought this was normal?!? The county board wanted the ground for their own use (make a clondyke from its sale) and needed Bryansford out of the way. They were right to ask for a payment to move, not very gaa minded but business minded. Every club needs money to operate and they took advantage of their situation. 13, has the money been paid over yet? And what was the figure? I thought plans were approved back in October time from reading the papers??

To be honest i think everyone needs to take a step back when complaining about the sale of the ground. DCB had the right idea in selling it but the market disappeared. it is not worth the same money now we all agree but they couldnt sell it without having Bryansford sorted. If the market had not collapsed i would think most would be happy with the millions they would have got. Also it is hardly the Down boards fault for the planning process being slow.

johnneycool

Certainly the initial figures being bandied about for Newcastle are no longer on the table but even if 50% of the fugure talked about was available for the 8 or 9 odd acres in Newcastle then the deal is still achievable.

The pitch development at Bryansford seems to be fairly expensive by todays prices but when the deal for that ground was done I suppose that was normal.

The remaining monies will have to be used wisely and any training facilities or centres of excellence will need to be purchased and developed with current pricings in mind.

johnneycool

Quote from: Leo on December 14, 2009, 12:17:24 PM
Outgoing Chairman Kevin Bell is quoted in Irish News as having been excluded from the county 125 parade and celebrations. How did this happen and who is he getting at?

Also who is the new PRO and will he sort out the disaster that is the Down website?

i think it was Sean O'g he was having a go at.

He is also allegedly unhappy about not being involved in the selection committee for the appointment of the senior football manager but I'd be in disagreement with him if the committee set up to appoint one had a good knowledge of the game, I'm not so sure Kevin would fit that bill.