Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: amallon on May 19, 2009, 02:19:27 PM
DaddyLongLegs - Castlewellan have a great record against us at home and even with full teams we have lost down there and I like yourself didn't expect a win last night either.  I had a meeting last night and didn't get to the game but spoke to a few people who were at after the game was over and they were raging with the refs performance.  Even the normally mild mannered ones weren't happy. 

Wobbler - Sean Featherstone is into Triathons now and doesn't bother with the football at all.

Think this is the answer!!

Our Nail Loney

Did Bosco play Dromara last night?

Edit to say found out dromara went to the wrong place then when bosco went to where they were half the team had left...

The Worker

How did Daniel Mc Cartan play? i take it he was marking Coulter?

Lecale2

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 09, 2009, 11:45:22 AM
Did Bosco play Dromara last night?

Edit to say found out dromara went to the wrong place then when bosco went to where they were half the team had left...

How did that happen? Comical!

In the Onion Bag

Anybody tell me the outcome of the Round 8 Ardglass v Glen game?  (Can't be bothered looking back through the tread)

supersub

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on June 09, 2009, 11:53:41 PM
Anybody tell me the outcome of the Round 8 Ardglass v Glen game?  (Can't be bothered looking back through the tread)

is it not being played this monday night? 15th??

An Cloch Scoilte

Any minor results from last night?

St Mary's defeated Bredagh by 9 in the end.

general

is it not being played this monday night? 15th??

yes this Ardglass V Glen game goes ahead next monday

DownFanatic

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on June 10, 2009, 09:44:13 AM
Any minor results from last night?

St Mary's defeated Bredagh by 9 in the end.

We beat Cill Darach by 0-11 to 0-04 in Section B.

Ardglass are walking away with this section but f**k knows what the table looks like as St Pauls and Saul pulled out and Drumaness and Cill Breactain have only fielded a couple of times.

Square Ball

Downpatrick have withdrawn from the minor league I believe
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

down6061689194

Drumaness are on the brink of withdrawing. U16 Managment refuse to supplement the minor team (which is already small) and most weeks its unable to field with out them.

Heard there was to be a meeting but that will cause more rows.

Lecale2

Football in East Down's in a bad way when so many clubs can't field minor teams. How has it come to this?

down6061689194

soccer.

No excuse for drumaness though, there are enough players able to play

norabeag

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 11, 2009, 10:15:43 AM
Football in East Down's in a bad way when so many clubs can't field minor teams. How has it come to this?
Doesn't help with games, particularly Championship, scheduled for the middle of GCSE's and A levels.
If you look at last week championship fixtures it was 3/4 teams expected to travel in peak exam time who did not field.
There are other issues at play as well but playing these games at end of may & June is counter productive

Bitta-Banter

A problem this year is the fact that minor games are played the evening before U-16 games.Players should be able to play for their own age group first in the week and then if they are fit play for the older teams,which is important in smaller clubs.Our minor team would be made up of mostly u-16s and often this year one or two pick up a knock and cant play for the 16s the following evening.Without our 16s we would not have a minor team.
I heard it was the minor county management who requested the nights of minor football be changed,I would say alot of clubs will be looking for this to be changed back.
Alot of these teams not being able to field though i put down to laziness,Saul?Drumaness?RGU?The mentors cant be bothered half the time.
U-16 football in the East Down A section is off a good standard and is much better than Minor B section.