Weekend in Belfast any recommendations for hotels?

Started by shapes, April 02, 2009, 05:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shapes

Well Lads,
Herself wants to go to Belfast for a weekend and if possible be in town for the shopping and craic as well as having a nice hotel to relax in. Any recommendations, I tried the radisson but not available on the weekend I want to go.
thanks in advance.

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Maguire01

I've heard that the new Fitzwilliam Hotel on Gt Victoria St isn't as expensive as you would expect. Good central location and should be nice and clean - only open a couple of weeks.

charlie stubbs

would have recommended renshaws,unfortunately renovations now taking place!

Newbridge Exile

Tara Lodge is a guest house just off Botanic Avenue in Belfast( No 1 ranked on Trip Adviser) , Have stayed in it half a dozen times and have never been disappointed , it has no drinks licence but there are umpteen bars cafes restaurants on Botanic Avenue( 2 minutes walk away)

scud

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 03, 2009, 08:58:04 AM
Tara Lodge is a guest house just off Botanic Avenue in Belfast( No 1 ranked on Trip Adviser) , Have stayed in it half a dozen times and have never been disappointed , it has no drinks licence but there are umpteen bars cafes restaurants on Botanic Avenue( 2 minutes walk away)

Yea, great wee spot, excellent value for a shopping weekend

clareman

Myself and herself stayed in the Hilton for a weekend before Christmas - great spot and very good value. Walking distance to all the shops and a great breakfast....

lynchbhoy

stayed in the '10' hotel before christmas.
It was fine, not 4 or 5 star standard as advertised, a bit dated or 'used' but still decent enough, good location and warm/clean.
Depends on what price you get it at.

off the laces

the Europa has just been done up, but again depends on what price you get it.
Keeps 'er' straight

gawa316

Stayed in the Merchant a few weeks back. Unbelieveable hotel. If you can get a deal on their site I definitely go for it. 5 mins to shops and you have the Cloth Ear and Spanaird bars right besides you and Ollies club underneath. If your resident you don't have to queue or pay in plus it's over 23's.

shapes

Thanks for all the posts lads, I ended up booking the fitzwilliam it looks like a grand spot.

bingobus

Well lads, any further suggestions to the ones above?

Break for the missus and her birthday. Cheers.

Thanks minder.

ross4life

i Always stay in the Hilton Hotel when in Belfast, top class hotel, great location right beside train station if your traveling by Enterprise train, depending on when you stayi? you can book a twin/double for as little as 79 pound on advance purchase
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

haranguerer

Quote from: charlie stubbs on April 02, 2009, 09:37:40 PM
would have recommended renshaws,unfortunately renovations now taking place!

Hotel Ibis university street  ;)

youbetterbelieveit

Lads anybody know what are the normal closing times for belfast pubs, especially for this sunday bank holiday weekend????