Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Caress

Quote from: yewtree on October 06, 2019, 10:13:56 PM
Yet again Kilcoo get out of jail ,this time in the minors.A team that hammered everybody in Down at u16 level struggled to beat Burren .Yes Burren got the equaliser but really Burren were the far better team.

Looks like the glory years for Burren are coming ,the amazing thing is that Burren team bar a few is an under 16 team -scary to think how far ahead Burren are in terms of player development and coaching. When you look back at the Kilcoo games in senior Burren were the better team over the two games.

From a Down perspective this can only be good for the county as these Burren players will be the dominant men in our county squads. It seems at last Kilcoo are beginning to fade away and back to where they belong mediocrity and maybe time to reflect on their culture regards discipline and sporting values.
In fairness Burren have values and that is why I'm glad they are returning to greatness even though more delighted Point are about to win senior final.

Minor Champions elect - Burren , a club of sporting class.
Senior Champions elect - CPN ,the peoples favourite.

All ironically from South Down and our County Board are trying to impose Ballykinler on us , it is time the real football men of Down put a stop to this.Maybe time for our sponsors to intervene and have their say on it .I'm sure they wouldn't want it in a back of beyond spot , miles from Newry.
well said. Yewtree Guevara . Revolution....and we know how it ended for him

Cuan12

Once again Yewtree you have shown what an insignificant a hole you really are, you obviously write controversial items on this forum to get people's blood boiling.Did you ever play football at any level? Did you ever achieve anything ?Do you go to matches apart from Warrenpoint Town and Liverpool FC, nobody needs a job like you , be you Burren or Point supporter coming on a slagging of other teams in a disrespectful way, your a south down clown who gives south down football supporters a bad name, calling for sponsors to step in, tell everyone what you have done for down football be it in a playing , coaching,financial or administrative role , the answer will be interesting to read.
Kilcoo will win the SFC,and whilst they won't be everyone's favourite team they deserve respect for their achievements.
Congrats to Bright FC, all the best in Ulster.

Petergriffin1

Congrats to Bright yesterday, a team to keep an eye on.. Also good to see Adrian Sharvin being the man in the middle for the Senior Final, one of the top referees in Ulster

downjim

Frank Dawson will be snapped up by a division 1 team now, surely too good for Div 2 with the town

Sandstorm

Quote from: Sandstorm on February 13, 2019, 07:30:42 PM
First of all can I explain that I am not from Down but regularly  visit your site to read  the many comments and constructive discussion that takes place and generally enjoy the posts. However, I see unwarranted  comments from one poster constantly criticising others and generally attempting to insult other clubs and individuals. Downjim, to my knowledge your club is a well respected club in GAA circules the length and breadth of Ireland, but your antics reflects on your club whether you like it or not and I'm sure the good people from Burren are embarrassed by your pathetic juvenile behaviour. We are all GAA people and do not need to attempt to insult each other, there are enough begrudgers out there willing to do that to our great association. So please show respect to all in our sport.
Et tu Yewtree (for Burren read Warrenpoint)€

Smurfy123

Frank's record has not been bad lately
2 sackings and a relegation
Division 1 clubs who could potentially change manager
Clonduff
Bryansford
Downpatrick
Burren

Division 2
Saval
Darragh Cross
Bredagh
Longstone
Castlewellan
Saul
Liatrom

Petergriffin1

I agree, Frank up there with the top coaches about and knows Down Football more than anyone else.. Potentially taking over Paddy at Burren?

Square Ball

No reason at all for us, Bredagh, to change manager after 1 season, were sitting in joint second and can cement 2nd in our final game, we have not finished that high on a hell of a long time. It's a work in progress and Bundy won't be going anywhere 🙏
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Mourne Red

For anyone sick of seeing yewtree spout BS put him on your ignore list.

Click on profile, hover over Modify Profile, click on Buddies/Ignore List, Then Edit Ignore list and add him in.

Save yourself from reading his nonsense.

Last Caress

Quote from: Mourne Red on October 07, 2019, 12:25:50 PM
For anyone sick of seeing yewtree spout BS put him on your ignore list.

Click on profile, hover over Modify Profile, click on Buddies/Ignore List, Then Edit Ignore list and add him in.

Save yourself from reading his nonsense.
I like your style Mourne Red

downjim

The Town are a massive club to be in div 2, what went wrong??

On subject of managers, what managers are out there? All mercenaries

SamFever

Quote from: downjim on October 07, 2019, 01:05:32 PM

[/b]
  You lot have had you share of them over the years.Pioneers of it since the late eighties.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: SamFever on October 07, 2019, 04:29:45 PM
Quote from: downjim on October 07, 2019, 01:05:32 PM

[/b]
  You lot have had you share of them over the years.Pioneers of it since the late eighties.

Is McCartan's caravan still kicking around?
i usse an speelchekor

terrifictommy

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 07, 2019, 09:58:47 AM
Frank's record has not been bad lately
2 sackings and a relegation
Division 1 clubs who could potentially change manager
Clonduff
Bryansford
Downpatrick
Burren

Division 2
Saval
Darragh Cross
Bredagh
Longstone
Castlewellan
Saul
Liatrom

I'd have thought Mayobridge rather than Clonduff? I'd also say Longstone, Bredagh and Saul would be fairly happy with their season. Haven't set the world alight but stayed in Division 2.
Is Dawson that good?

Smurfy123

Saul are on the verge of relegation to division 3.
A poor season