Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: ck on April 16, 2016, 11:25:05 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 16, 2016, 08:07:36 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 15, 2016, 10:32:08 PM
I wouldn't say that McGeeney lacks man management or emotional intelligence, generally the players who play for him seem to have a strong respect for him - a prime example being the reaction of the Kildare players when he was shown the door.

However tactically you could definitely ask questions of him and I'd say that is where his faults start.

Agreed although since the Cavan game he looks to have had changed his tactics and we are going in the right direction

That's interesting. How has he changed their tactics?

I was at the Laois gane and the Tyrone game. The difference in the way we played both games was something. Against Tyrone we looked to move the ball a lot earlier into the forwards. It wasn't perfect but much better than against Laois. Could be wrong tho, maybe we just played a better game against Tyrone. But going by what he said after the Cavan game I think he has had a look at his tactics and altered them

Sandy Hill

Excellent article by Brolly in today's Indo about the savagery of MMA.
"Stercus accidit"

5 Sams

Quote from: Sandy Hill on April 17, 2016, 10:17:40 PM

Have to agree. Great piece. Not only MMA but he highlighted the brutality that happens in boxing as well. "Savagery" describes it perfectly.
The Aristocrat Years

redhandefender

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 17, 2016, 10:32:51 PM

Have to agree. Great piece. Not only MMA but he highlighted the brutality that happens in boxing as well. "Savagery" describes it perfectly.

Wise up

ck

100% correct. Well done Joe Brolly

ThroughTheLaces

The apple never falls far from the tree.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

Syferus

Brolly figuratively chasing ambulances now. Pity. He has more to offer than this.

Boxing is one of the best and purest forms of sports in existence.

muppet

Quote from: redhandefender on April 17, 2016, 10:34:35 PM

Wise up

Like most of his stuff he has a point, but it gets lost in hyperbole and figjam.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Next week:

Brolly on c**k-fighting, heroin, womanising and smoking.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Is this article another swipe at McGeeney?
That was never a square ball!!

Walter Cronc

Again I dont see the fuss and why people get worked up. Joe like everyone is entitled to his opinion.

I'm a fan of boxing/mma so don't agree with it but the cases he points out are all relevant to what happened the Carvalho lad.

It was a dig at McGregor which is unfair as Conor wasn't to know the lad would die as a result of his injuries.

SimonSays

Is this the same Joe Brolly who harps on about going back to the days of settling things like men on the football field and how about men like Brian mcGiligan would throw punches to keep a man quiet...hes so full of shit.. the man is all about self promotion, The sunday game said we need a Eammon Dunphy figure, can you do it Joe ? throwing conor mcgregor name in here makes it get headlines....has Joe Brolly actually ever sat in the sunday game studio and disected the tactics and plays of a game? has he ever pointed out to the viewing public a thing that has happened in a game that only a former player would know........nope he just picks out someone to have a pop at and goes on a stupid rant....He questioned Paul Grimley as a man as he did with Sean Cavanagh....these lads do go to work on a monday morning to listen to people asking them about joe brolly....blowing the kisses after scoring a goal shows you that it is all about self promotion.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: SimonSays on April 18, 2016, 10:45:16 AM
Is this the same Joe Brolly who harps on about going back to the days of settling things like men on the football field and how about men like Brian mcGiligan would throw punches to keep a man quiet...hes so full of shit.. the man is all about self promotion, The sunday game said we need a Eammon Dunphy figure, can you do it Joe ? throwing conor mcgregor name in here makes it get headlines....has Joe Brolly actually ever sat in the sunday game studio and disected the tactics and plays of a game? has he ever pointed out to the viewing public a thing that has happened in a game that only a former player would know........nope he just picks out someone to have a pop at and goes on a stupid rant....He questioned Paul Grimley as a man as he did with Sean Cavanagh....these lads do go to work on a monday morning to listen to people asking them about joe brolly....blowing the kisses after scoring a goal shows you that it is all about self promotion.

The sad thing is, he occasionally has done this and is actually very good at it. But the majority of the time he gets caught up in sensationalist BS and trying to create a great sound bite.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either