Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 09, 2015, 02:11:52 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 08, 2015, 11:45:06 PM
It depends on what you want. If you want basketball there is always the NBA- if you want GAA let's see some kicking. It's laughable that it's possible to get to senior inter county football by being strong, fit and a good handpasser.

A lot of teams are against this because the two best kick-passing teams in Ireland are Dublin and Kerry.

Very good, you've just described to a 'T' one of your own pre-eminent midfielders! :P

You're coming out with as much sanctimonious shite as Jim Gavin does these days Indiana, or should I say Jim? :) ;)

Sanctimonious? - You don't want a debate. You just want the status quo.  some of us aren't interested in watching this shite anymore.

You guys invented the blanket defence. Except now its not a blanket- it's a reinforced concrete wall and you've no interest in debating anything else.

If that's the case just bring in partition again for GAA purposes and you can amuse yourselves to your heart's content.

BennyHarp

Quote from: INDIANA on April 09, 2015, 09:41:26 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on April 09, 2015, 05:58:54 PM

Laughable given that the dubs are a complete running team under galvin

They are of course thats why they scored 22 points last weekend. All of them handpassed over the bar I suppose

And you have the temerity to call me laughable. ;D

Just out of interest and given that this is your own method of measurement, how many Tyrone points were hand passed over the bar this weekend?. Also, they kicked 17 points against the All Ireland Champions, your guys only managed 1-10 against the same opposition. No harm to you Indiana, but some of the points you're making on this are complete toilet, I can only conclude you are on the wind up.
That was never a square ball!!

INDIANA

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 09, 2015, 10:01:34 PM

They are of course thats why they scored 22 points last weekend. All of them handpassed over the bar I suppose

Just out of interest and given that this is your own method of measurement, how many Tyrone points were hand passed over the bar this weekend?. Also, they kicked 17 points against the All Ireland Champions, your guys only managed 1-10 against the same opposition. To be fair Indiana, some of the points your making on this are complete toilet, I can only conclude you are on the wind up.

This is a predominantly Northern GAA website and you guys have no interest in anything but the status quo.

You don't want the other side of the argument because you'd all have to change your game-plans which are all largely built off the same template.

So you're determined to :

a) Put every obstacle in the way of a real debate

b) Make the changing of the rules so complicated that it will put anyone off actually trying to implement any

BennyHarp

Quote from: INDIANA on April 09, 2015, 10:17:24 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 09, 2015, 10:01:34 PM

Just out of interest and given that this is your own method of measurement, how many Tyrone points were hand passed over the bar this weekend?. Also, they kicked 17 points against the All Ireland Champions, your guys only managed 1-10 against the same opposition. To be fair Indiana, some of the points your making on this are complete toilet, I can only conclude you are on the wind up.

This is a predominantly Northern GAA website and you guys have no interest in anything but the status quo.

You don't want the other side of the argument because you'd all have to change your game-plans which are all largely built off the same template.

So you're determined to :

a) Put every obstacle in the way of a real debate

b) Make the changing of the rules so complicated that it will put anyone off actually trying to implement any

I'm very interested in debating the tactics, rules etc. but saying you scored 22 points and didn't fist any of them over the bar is just childish nonsense and hardly a basis for debate.

Thankfully though, some people stand up to crazy fools trying to change the rules of our great game after every bad game that happens to be on TV.
That was never a square ball!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: INDIANA on April 09, 2015, 09:46:02 PM
It depends on what you want. If you want basketball there is always the NBA- if you want GAA let's see some kicking. It's laughable that it's possible to get to senior inter county football by being strong, fit and a good handpasser.

A lot of teams are against this because the two best kick-passing teams in Ireland are Dublin and Kerry.

Very good, you've just described to a 'T' one of your own pre-eminent midfielders! :P

You're coming out with as much sanctimonious shite as Jim Gavin does these days Indiana, or should I say Jim? :) ;)

Sanctimonious? - You don't want a debate. You just want the status quo.  some of us aren't interested in watching this shite anymore.

You guys invented the blanket defence. Except now its not a blanket- it's a reinforced concrete wall and you've no interest in debating anything else.

If that's the case just bring in partition again for GAA purposes and you can amuse yourselves to your heart's content.

Debate any day, but let's (try to) keep it grounded in reality, none of this rose-tinted shite that you and Gavin come out with.

easytiger95, for example, is not afraid to call it as he sees it, good, bad, indifferent, and plain ugly.

What, for example, is your riposte to Heaney's article, or are you happy just to gloss over such uncomfortable realities? Uncomfortable indeed, but such is the football coalface, but then those 14 Dubs behind their own halfway line were merely mirages, right?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

INDIANA

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 09, 2015, 10:31:48 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 09, 2015, 09:46:02 PM

Debate any day, but let's (try to) keep it grounded in reality, none of this rose-tinted shite that you and Gavin come out with.

easytiger95, for example, is not afraid to call it as he sees it, good, bad, indifferent, and plain ugly.

What, for example, is your riposte to Heaney's article, or are you happy just to gloss over such uncomfortable realities? Uncomfortable indeed, but such is the football coalface, but then those 14 Dubs behind their own halfway line were merely mirages, right?

I stopped reading Heaney a long time ago. I don't read the print media on the GAA north-or south. I form my own opinions on the games I watch and the teams I coach and the teams I end up coaching against.

The Independent media group are utterly biased towards kerry

Heaney's articles are for a Northern audience and they utterly biased towards that and always have been and if you read as much of them as you claim too- you'll know I'm right on that.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: INDIANA on April 09, 2015, 10:38:51 PM
I stopped reading Heaney a long time ago. I don't read the print media on the GAA north-or south. I form my own opinions on the games I watch and the teams I coach and the teams I end up coaching against.

His articles are for a Northern audience and they utterly biased towards that and always have been and if you read as much of them as you claim too- you'll know I'm right on that.

Right, since you selectively digest, let me paraphrase: Dublin against Derry were as much the sinner as sinned against, as the stats bear testimony to. Do you deny that?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

omaghjoe

This is hilarious. Keep it up Indiana I dont know how you managed to get yourself into this hole but...you have. That fist over the bar post was the worst comeback ever. LOL

Dublin have the best team in the country man for man and they are the best team to watch usually.

You really should have the upper hand in this argument but you've really made a balls of it.

Sigh Let me give you a hand...

"Ulster teams are by no means the sole Offenders of playing men behind the ball, Kerry do it and Dublin are by no means Angels as highlighted by Paddy Heaney and they do look for physical attributes in their player's namely speed over the traditional skills of catching and kicking however...(see 2nd line of this post)"

Give a little gain a lot

DuffleKing

Rory O'Carroll let's the cat out of the bag in the latest 'DubsTv ' episode. Give YouTube a search...

bannside

Paddy Heaney is a serious GAA writer. Never too far off the mark. Loves his native Derry and in particular Glen Maghera - but not slow to extol the thing of beauty that is the Kingdom and their footballing ways and tradition that sets them apart from all the rest.

Heaney and Brolly are  both top men when it comes to writing on GAA. They are both masters of the written word and are totally passionate about the GAA. We would be poorer without them.

maigheo

Joe Brolly is passionate about himself full stop and if we never heard from him again he would not be missed.And if any body wants to see what being passionate about gaelic football means check out the second captains interview with Ciaran McDonald.

screenexile

Jaysus I did some laughing at this headline:

Quotehttp://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/

Monaghan may copy Derry to stifle Dublin
Former Monaghan star Nudie Hughes warns Malachy O'Rourke's side could be just as defensive as Derry as they bid to avoid another heavy defeat to Dublin.

As if Monaghan haven't been playing like that since O'Rourke took over! O'Rourke has been playing that way since he took over Fermanagh in 2008! We should know because they schooled us in it that year in the Championship!

Tubberman

Quote from: maigheo on April 10, 2015, 01:28:57 AM
Joe Brolly is passionate about himself full stop and if we never heard from him again he would not be missed.And if any body wants to see what being passionate about gaelic football means check out the second captains interview with Ciaran McDonald.

And the snide comments Joe made about McDonald back in 04/06 tell you who the real class act is between the two of them.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Estimator

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 09, 2015, 12:16:07 PM
In 1992 Matt Molloy played the All Ireland Final against Dublin and never kicked the ball once. I don't have an issue with the Hand Pass, in fact the Kerry teams of the Golden Era used the hand pass a lot (Including Bomber's goals!). When it is used as part of a quick movement of ball, I don't think there's anything boring or wrong with it.

That said, the quickest way of moving the ball is the kick pass, and that would be my preferred option where it is 'on', but you need movement, skills and space to execute that. The blanket defence chokes the space and limits the movement.

I love the idea of Matt Molloy togging out at full back for Donegal.
Ulster League Champions 2009

screenexile