Plunkett
Parsons
Vaughan
Ruane
Loftus
Andy
Diarmuid
James Durcan

Would expect a few of those subs to start Higgins probably for one.

seafoid

Good luck to Mayo and all ye supporters
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: moysider on August 10, 2019, 01:03:06 AM
Quote from: Jayop on August 10, 2019, 12:47:47 AM
Obviously fancy the dubs to win but reckon this could be another mayo cracker. Hopefully it's more mayo V Donegal than mayo V Kerry. Dublin have pretty much had a 3 week break compared to mayo one and that's the key here.

Would love mayo to do it but just can't see it.

It's a no brainer and unfortunately makes Dublin's ultimate achievement flawed, through no fault of their own.

It's shameful scheduling. I know everybody is all hyped up about this game because of recent history blah, blah blah. That's nice but the reality is that it is a load of bollocks. It is impossible for Dublin to lose this. If both teams went in in same conditions, Dublin would still win in all probability. Mayo would have a punchers chance though. Tomorrow Mayo have no chance.

Well if Mayo had won the Connacht championship they wouldn't have these issues

Captain Obvious

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 10, 2019, 03:03:11 PM
Obviously fancy the dubs to win but reckon this could be another mayo cracker. Hopefully it's more mayo V Donegal than mayo V Kerry. Dublin have pretty much had a 3 week break compared to mayo one and that's the key here.

It's a no brainer and unfortunately makes Dublin's ultimate achievement flawed, through no fault of their own.

It's shameful scheduling. I know everybody is all hyped up about this game because of recent history blah, blah blah. That's nice but the reality is that it is a load of bollocks. It is impossible for Dublin to lose this. If both teams went in in same conditions, Dublin would still win in all probability. Mayo would have a punchers chance though. Tomorrow Mayo have no chance.

Wouldn't agree that Mayo have no chance. Their schedule would be a killer for the likes of Meath, Cork, Roscommon, Cavan, Armagh, Kildare etc however Mayo are one of those teams that train professionally and are well conditioned for games in a short space of time.

If Dublin win by a bit to spare this evening it will prove that Mayo are not as good as they were in 2016/17.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 10, 2019, 03:03:11 PM

That's beside the point entirely.
Fact is that any team in the championships could have wound up in the same position.
Same goes for Dublin who have had a two week break and played fewer games. Can't blame Dublin for this in any way but whoever drew up the format didn't give the matter any thought. Players are amateurs and have to have to think of work or study commitments also so asking anyone to play high-intensity games week after week shows no consideration for their physical  safety.You can add in their mental condition as well.
There is also the probability that you can get c**k ups like the Tyrone Dublin farce  where fans have to spend serious money on tickets, travelling expenses and programmes etc., apart from demeaning the integrity of the competition  where both teams can afford  not to take a game seriously.
The sooner the Super 8s are binned, the better for all concerned.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

A break can go either way

The Dub hurlers had a break and were beaten by Laois.

Keith Duggan in the Irish Times re Mayo
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/united-county-on-high-alert-again-as-mayo-continue-beautiful-obsession-1.3981721

"When you go to a game on a Saturday evening and you don't know where you will be the following week, it has almost become a badge of honour for Mayo supporters over the last seven years to just get there," says Billy Joe Padden, the former Mayo player.
"It's such a positive thing. Other counties have a similar thing but probably in smaller numbers. They are determined to get to wherever the team is. It is difficult and it does put a strain on people. But they are always there."

It was McHugh who read out the celebrated open letter on RTÉ's Morning Ireland show on the weekend of the 2013 All-Ireland final. It was a genuflection from the people to the team: "Who are we? . . . We're the girls working the B shift in Baxter, the exiles in London or Long Island. We are the five Ballinrobe lads who took off one morning for Australia . . . we're the fly-by-nights, the chancers, the sleeveens and all the right sort of an auld character. We're the singletons, the married, the divorced, the widowers and the widowed. We're the dreamers and believers and the legends of the road. We're Mayo."

What we don't really see and what they don't even realise is the weight of expectation they carry on their shoulders," McHugh says now.
"Not a burden to win it but the knowledge of so many who just want to see it once in their lifetime. And these lads are going out carrying that on their shoulders. I think that is the unseen pressure that is there. I can imagine that people outside the county might say; why don't they just go and win the thing and be done with it.

There is just a huge pride in Mayo. And we aren't going to apologise for that. There is a passion for Gaelic football itself. It is the only thing here. You can't escape football. They still talk about John Morley around here. There are people here who believe they saw the '51 team playing whether they did or not. And this present team has gripped everyone's imagination. If you go out for a night to meet a few people you won't be two minutes sitting before the team comes up. It's as if the team is us."
On one level, that may sound fanciful. But during all the television and radio broadcasts of Mayo championship games since 2012, it's a constant reference point; this telepathic, hardwired connection between the team on the field and the Mayo people in the stands.
"That connection has grown through the dark days," says Timmie Glavey, teaching and living in Galway but always a Swinford man.
"The more hardship we endure and those defeats have made us more resilient. Since 2012, I have been to every banquet after the All-Ireland final. And by God they are hard but once you are there, you are always like, feck it, I am delighted I came and showed my support. And there has always been this sense after those finals that we would be back.

Ask him to pick a moment from particular period of Mayo football and he returns to the 62nd minute of the 2017 All-Ireland final.
Overwhelming feeling
"We were two points up after Cillian O'Connor kicked a free. And for about two seconds I let myself believe. I remember catching the eye of two friends of mine and tears welled up. I had this overwhelming feeling: Jesus, we are going to do this. And then that feeling immediately went again. It is a very moving thing. And I remember thinking about what it must feel like at the final whistle, if Mayo could do that. It would be ... phenomenal."

Cathal Kelly sometimes wonders what would happen in the county if the impossible thing happened.
"It is very hard to sum up. Could we cope? You know, you lose people and you lose friends and there are tragic circumstances in life. And they may have been part of this journey and you think of them on days like this. So it is a distraction. Absolutely.
"But is a beautiful distraction to have. Of course winning it would be beautiful. But getting this from the team every year has been fantastic. Every year has been new. They don't follow a script. Mayo are a bit like life in that way. You just go along with what happens.""
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

D Vaughan,D O'Connor,M Ruane all starting for Mayo.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 10, 2019, 04:39:52 PM
Interesting.

Who's out?

No announcement in stadium yet.

Any Dubs changes confirmed?

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Hound on August 10, 2019, 04:44:47 PM
Interesting.

Who's out?

Coen, Moran, Docherty out for Mayo

Cooper in for Cian for Dublin

Blowitupref

Quote from: Hound on August 10, 2019, 04:44:47 PM
Interesting.

Who's out?

McLoughlin,D Coen,Boland out.  Cooper in for O'Sullivan the one change for Dublin
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RedHand88

Lane blowing up for steps. Dublin could struggle now.

Blowitupref

11 minute played.  Dublin 0-2 Mayo 0-2. Cagey affair so far.

Solo_run

Does anyone else think Mayo get an unusual amount of frees brought forward?

whitey

Quote from: Solo_run on August 10, 2019, 05:15:29 PM
Does anyone else think Mayo get an unusual amount of frees brought forward?

Does anyone else think Dublin do an unusual amount of hitting after frees are awarded against them