China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: thewobbler on February 23, 2021, 11:05:51 AM
The vaccine discussion tends to end up with pro-vaccine zealots smirking and nodding heads at each other after posting something along the lines of "same lad won't take the vaccine just ordered a mystery meat burger / line of coke / something heavily processed".

Would you wise to f**k up folks. Here's the basics: when you buy anything local or buy anything often, it's traceable. Not what's in it, so much as if there's any side effects. And if there's no known side effects, then what does it matter what's in it?

Stop acting like you're smarter and more considered about risk than anyone else. We are humans. We are all born with eyes, ears and noses, that allow us to risk detect what we digest.

——

I'll take the vaccination by the way. But why we would force/expect healthy people in their teens and twenties to take a vaccine for a virus that is basically a non threat to them, well that's just f**king wrong on every level.

Good stuff Wobbler, what ever happened to the pro choice brigade, my body my choice. The narrative suits sometimes.

sid waddell

The vaccine discussion tends to end up with pro-vaccine zealots smirking and nodding heads at each other after posting something along the lines of "same lad won't take the vaccine just ordered a mystery meat burger / line of coke / something heavily processed".

Would you wise to f**k up folks. Here's the basics: when you buy anything local or buy anything often, it's traceable. Not what's in it, so much as if there's any side effects. And if there's no known side effects, then what does it matter what's in it?

Stop acting like you're smarter and more considered about risk than anyone else. We are humans. We are all born with eyes, ears and noses, that allow us to risk detect what we digest.

——

I'll take the vaccination by the way. But why we would force/expect healthy people in their teens and twenties to take a vaccine for a virus that is basically a non threat to them, well that's just f**king wrong on every level.
People need to wise up and realise that the whole concept of expertise is bunkum and that randomers on Facebook know just as much as any so called expert

Democratisation of information is just the best

There is no truth

We've seen this in so many areas

Pro seat-belt zealots need to shut up and realise that people should make the best decisions for themselves

Driving a car without a seat belt carries no appreciable extra risk for the vast majority people, in fact it inhibits a lot of people's ability to drive

I call them body nappies

I hate seat belt zealots, so smug and thinking they're smarter than everybody else

sid waddell

Quote from: Rudi on February 23, 2021, 11:17:30 AM

——

Good stuff Wobbler, what ever happened to the pro choice brigade, my body my choice. The narrative suits sometimes.
Absolutely, if I want to drive after 10 pints, I should have that choice

trailer

The government are running a campaign in the UK regarding BAME groups. I'd like to see that extended to younger people when the time comes. Certainly some parts of society could lead, sports people, certain celebs. Think that might be helpful initially a long with an educational approach. There is definitely a misunderstanding on why we need everyone who possibly can to get vaccinated and not just "at risk" groups. People don't understand that and we can see examples of that in this thread.

In a broader point a lot of vaccine scepticism has come from the widely discredited paper by Andrew Wakefield who was rightly struck off. The man should be in prison.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: sid waddell on February 23, 2021, 10:59:11 AM
In the same way that we have trainspotters, planespotters and UFO spotters, we will surely soon have Moderna vaccine spotters

A lad I know swears he spotted one in Limerick last week, but I don't believe him

From my experience, you can get anything in Limerick

Angelo

I see the fascists are trying to insist people be injected with a need against their will.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

——

We give healthy kids vaccines every year, and not an eyebrow raised.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: trailer on February 23, 2021, 11:22:21 AM
The government are running a campaign in the UK regarding BAME groups. I'd like to see that extended to younger people when the time comes. Certainly some parts of society could lead, sports people, certain celebs. Think that might be helpful initially a long with an educational approach. There is definitely a misunderstanding on why we need everyone who possibly can to get vaccinated and not just "at risk" groups. People don't understand that and we can see examples of that in this thread.

In a broader point a lot of vaccine scepticism has come from the widely discredited paper by Andrew Wakefield who was rightly struck off. The man should be in prison.
The Yanks could get Lance Armstrong to front it

"As somebody who has injected all sorts of horrible shit into their arm over the years, believe me when I tell you this is good stuff"

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2021, 11:34:37 AM

——

Fascism, apparently

Angelo

——

Do we ever give them one developed and approved in under a year, no?

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 23, 2021, 11:38:26 AM

——

Fascism, apparently

You think people should not have a say in whether they receive an injection or not.

That is fascism.

sid waddell

I got injections as a nipper without having a choice

Turns out I'm a victim of fascism, I just didn't know it at the time

I want compensation!

I want justice!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 23, 2021, 11:39:25 AM

——

Do we ever give them one developed and approved in under a year, no?

I'm not up to date on these things, was it developed first and trialed for 5 or 10 years before it was given out? Is it tweaked every year? And is that trialed for a period?

Again I'm just asking, you seem knowledgeable on this stuff
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

——

It is fair to say MR2 that there are concerns about them around autism etc, im not sure of scientific evidence, but it was always talked about when my children were young

Rossfan

Do the Wobblers, Rudis etc ever wonder why polio, diphtheria,  smallpox and other former prevalent diseases don't attack us any more?
Thankfully there was no Facebook when those vaccines started.
Hopefully we will see "No vaccination No entry" policy in vogue everywhere.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM