China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 02:36:06 PM
So lockdowns didn't reduce hospital admissions, deaths and cases?

You're looking at it through a singular lens again.

How many cancer screenings were cancelled?
How many mental health issues were accelerated?
How many jobs and businesses are currently lost?
How has children's education suffered?
How has the social development of children suffered?
How much more domestic violence cases have we had?
How many more addiction relapses have we had?
How many people with physical and mental disabilities had their support services interrupted or stopped?

Have you considered all of the above?

If you fail to address the big picture then you can justify anything under a single focus?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 02:44:18 PM

How many people with physical and mental disabilities had their support services interrupted or stopped?

If you fail to address the big picture then you can justify anything under a single focus?

More people die will cause more mental health issues.

Cancer screenings are happening and surgeries are happening,  I know and see this first hand

Addiction relapses? Stretching on that

Domestic violence, these services never stopped and police services never stopped either, I'm sure cases have increased from I'll not deny that but hospitals are full of people dying from Covid.

You give kids no credit in terms of education and social development, I've kids are they seem fine.

You've mentioned mental health a few times in the one post, mental health has and will be here whether Covid is about, Covid hasn't made someone depressed, if they suffered with depression they'll have done so before lockdown. If their family member die of Covid it would have a more deeper problem for them.

If you are going to consider or post all that stuff, throw up your facts and links.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 02:55:30 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 02:44:18 PM

More people die will cause more mental health issues.

Cancer screenings are happening and surgeries are happening,  I know and see this first hand

Addiction relapses? Stretching on that

Domestic violence, these services never stopped and police services never stopped either, I'm sure cases have increased from I'll not deny that but hospitals are full of people dying from Covid.

You give kids no credit in terms of education and social development, I've kids are they seem fine.

You've mentioned mental health a few times in the one post, mental health has and will be here whether Covid is about, Covid hasn't made someone depressed, if they suffered with depression they'll have done so before lockdown. If their family member die of Covid it would have a more deeper problem for them.

If you are going to consider or post all that stuff, throw up your facts and links.

So you have casually dismissed all those other problems with no evidence at all.

Cancer screening and surgeries have been cancelled and scaled back, that will cost lives.

Because your kids "seem" fine that means kids haven't suffered? I think you will find a wide ranging number of child psychologists and educational experts would argue kids are going to have suffered the past year or so and it's going to have long term consequences.

And you have casually dismissed mental health too. We know it's there but has lockdowns and the excessive restrictive measure greatly impacted on this issue and poured accelerant over it? We will find out in due time but a lot of studies show a huge surge in people who have reported mental health problems during the lockdowns that never presented before, we know supports have been scaled back, we know prescriptions in anti-depressants have ramped up during lockdown? Do you think that's healthy or are you going to casually dismiss that too?

The data would seem to suggest that their family member is really only at risk if they are elderly or have underlying health conditions so it's really down to personal responsibility in that case.

Milltown Row2

Asked you to put up links instead of your non evidence based stuff.

My sister had cancer surgery 3 weeks ago, my dad was seen and screened regularly from March last year, my next door neighbours dad had cancer removed from his bowel last week.

My kids are fine, what way can I put it? They are fine and not showing the stuff you are talking about. Again give me evidence please

I've casually went through your points, you've a warped idea that lockdown is worse than yours, open up, don't allow old people out as (in your own words) people in nursing homes will die anyways in a year so, crack on with the healthy ones!

For a person that claims he's got all the answers, you've none
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 03:15:19 PM
Asked you to put up links instead of your non evidence based stuff.

My sister had cancer surgery 3 weeks ago, my dad was seen and screened regularly from March last year, my next door neighbours dad had cancer removed from his bowel last week.

My kids are fine, what way can I put it? They are fine and not showing the stuff you are talking about. Again give me evidence please

I've casually went through your points, you've a warped idea that lockdown is worse than yours, open up, don't allow old people out as (in your own words) people in nursing homes will die anyways in a year so, crack on with the healthy ones!

For a person that claims he's got all the answers, you've none

You have asked me to?

So you casually dismiss everything yourself without any basis whatsoever?

It's odd that you expect me to give you all the answers when you point blank refuse to even countenance we have any issues with the above. Here's a fact for you.

You said this.

Tell me how that fits in with this graph:

The graph is from Cancer Research UK.

2m cancer screenings cancelled over a 10 week period and you want to casually dismiss that as not being a huge problem created by lockdowns.

Milltown Row2

The consultant said to me stop worrying what you read in the news, we are open and carrying out surgeries. Even Poots had his surgery. The screenings are happening also, just not at the rate it should be or has been. But you'd rather have people die of Covid as well

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 03:31:58 PM
The consultant said to me stop worrying what you read in the news, we are open and carrying out surgeries. Even Poots had his surgery. The screenings are happening also, just not at the rate it should be or has been. But you'd rather have people die of Covid as well

What's the point in discussing this with you? I've not said anything of the like. I think we should be looking at the big picture and when you don't like the FACTS presented to you, I get that in return.

You are a child.

I've put valid points forward and once again you have tried to debase a discussion that people should be having with your arrogance and abusiveness.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 03:44:07 PM

What's the point in discussing this with you? I've not said anything of the like. I think we should be looking at the big picture and when you don't like the FACTS presented to you, I get that in return.

You are a child.

I've put valid points forward and once again you have tried to debase a discussion that people should be having with your arrogance and abusiveness.

You have given no solutions, no other way out of it other than close the nursing homes. You're the child here

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 01:56:17 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 28, 2021, 01:38:02 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 01:36:27 PM

So several sources dispute unnamed Garda sources that spoke to Irish Mirror.

Are you putting up unnamed sources from the Irish Mirror as credible now?

If you direct the above question rather than going down one of your crazy rabbitholes that would be great.
You dispute this

Why?

Why are you defending the far right?

We can all guess why, but it would be good if you'd put it in your own words as to why you're defending the far right

Do I dispute it?

I'm not defending the far right. I will go out and say quite clearly that the people who were protesting yesterday were idiots of the highest order and the protest itself served no real purpose and the people that took part largely seemed to be crazies. But I don't know the breakup of those protestors and what political ideology they had - neither do you.

You like to box people in to your nemesis category if they disagree, that is because you are and there's lots of verifiable evidence in your posts, an intolerant bigot.

Not everything is a left/right issue. People who are left wing can be anti-vax, anti-mask etc just as much as people who vote to the right. You cannot seem to accept that because of your intolerance and bigotry.

So here you are mispresenting my views and my words because I don't believe your type of bigotry and intolerance has any place in a functioning society.

I can debate this with you and in return I will have you trying to misrepresent my views and words. You weren't always like this Sid
We know who organised it. We know who leafleted it. We know who defended the riot. And it wasn't PBP

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 04:08:38 PM

You are a child.

You have given no solutions, no other way out of it other than close the nursing homes. You're the child here

You don't want to listen to the problems associated with lockdowns.

You casually dismiss them from a point of ignorance, when you are provided the statistics that show that lockdowns have severe and wide ranging consequences for huge portions of the society you then decide to make hysterical accusations about what other people actually want.

Should I say you women to be the victim of more domestic violence cases because you support lockdowns?
Or that you want more people to die of cancer?
Or that you want children to have their education and social development impacted?
That you want people to lose their jobs and livelihoods?

These are all consequences of Covid and you want to casually dismiss as not worth discussing.

I pointed out all these factors in a post to you and you dismissed all of them as being issues without anything susbtantive whatsoever. It's clear you neither have the intelligence or knowledge to debate these things and provide anything substantive to the debate.

You stick your oar in across this forum on every topic with a smartass comment and a few insults and you run off then, if that's all you have to contribute here then maybe you should leave it at that.

Angelo

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 28, 2021, 04:20:46 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 01:56:17 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 28, 2021, 01:38:02 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 01:36:27 PM

So several sources dispute unnamed Garda sources that spoke to Irish Mirror.

Are you putting up unnamed sources from the Irish Mirror as credible now?

If you direct the above question rather than going down one of your crazy rabbitholes that would be great.
You dispute this

Why?

Why are you defending the far right?

We can all guess why, but it would be good if you'd put it in your own words as to why you're defending the far right

Do I dispute it?

I'm not defending the far right. I will go out and say quite clearly that the people who were protesting yesterday were idiots of the highest order and the protest itself served no real purpose and the people that took part largely seemed to be crazies. But I don't know the breakup of those protestors and what political ideology they had - neither do you.

You like to box people in to your nemesis category if they disagree, that is because you are and there's lots of verifiable evidence in your posts, an intolerant bigot.

Not everything is a left/right issue. People who are left wing can be anti-vax, anti-mask etc just as much as people who vote to the right. You cannot seem to accept that because of your intolerance and bigotry.

So here you are mispresenting my views and my words because I don't believe your type of bigotry and intolerance has any place in a functioning society.

I can debate this with you and in return I will have you trying to misrepresent my views and words. You weren't always like this Sid
We know who organised it. We know who leafleted it. We know who defended the riot. And it wasn't PBP

Who said it was PBP?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 04:21:24 PM

You are a child.

You don't want to listen to the problems associated with lockdowns.

You casually dismiss them from a point of ignorance, when you are provided the statistics that show that lockdowns have severe and wide ranging consequences for huge portions of the society you then decide to make hysterical accusations about what other people actually want.

Should I say you women to be the victim of more domestic violence cases because you support lockdowns?
Or that you want more people to die of cancer?
Or that you want children to have their education and social development impacted?
That you want people to lose their jobs and livelihoods?

These are all consequences of Covid and you want to casually dismiss as not worth discussing.

I pointed out all these factors in a post to you and you dismissed all of them as being issues without anything susbtantive whatsoever. It's clear you neither have the intelligence or knowledge to debate these things and provide anything substantive to the debate.

You stick your oar in across this forum on every topic with a smartass comment and a few insults and you run off then, if that's all you have to contribute here then maybe you should leave it at that.

You  still haven't given a way out. Saying I've no intelligence while not having an intelligent debate on how you feel is the best way out shows you are hiding from it.

Angelo

Over 50% of the Israeli adult population now vaccinated with at least one dose and Covid is back on the rise there.

I think there are big question marks on how effective this Covid vaccine is. Governments all across the Western World have thrown their lot in with vaccines and this is a worrying development.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/covid-crisis-amid-scenes-of-mass-purim-gathering-r-approaches-1-660469

Angelo

You are a child.

I have given what I believe we should have done many times. We should be living with reasonable restrictions. For me lockdowns have too many wide ranging and long term problems associated with them. I've outlined those problems, I've substantiated them and rather than discuss them - you casually dismissed them and then when they were backed up with facts you decide to hysterically claim I want people to die of Covid.

That's why I called you a child and you're parroting me on that in typical child like behaviour. Grow up.

We're gambling on vaccines being a silver bullet, the news coming out of Israel is worrying over half the population vaccinated with at least one dose and the virus is back on the rampage again.

There's no magic solution to it. People are going to die, be impacted on physically and mentally by both Covid and the response to quelling Covid and you want to suppress discussion on the impact of Covid. You want to carry that suppression out by being abusive and insulting.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 04:36:12 PM

You are a child.

I have given what I believe we should have done many times. We should be living with reasonable restrictions. For me lockdowns have too many wide ranging and long term problems associated with them. I've outlined those problems, I've substantiated them and rather than discuss them - you casually dismissed them and then when they were backed up with facts you decide to hysterically claim I want people to die of Covid.

That's why I called you a child and you're parroting me on that in typical child like behaviour. Grow up.

We're gambling on vaccines being a silver bullet, the news coming out of Israel is worrying over half the population vaccinated with at least one dose and the virus is back on the rampage again.

There's no magic solution to it. People are going to die, be impacted on physically and mentally by both Covid and the response to quelling Covid and you want to suppress discussion on the impact of Covid. You want to carry that suppression out by being abusive and insulting.

What reasonable restrictions?