The U20 Laois Hurlers

Started by G@@, June 30, 2021, 04:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G@@

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

G@@

A large win over Antrim tonight: 4-27 to 0-07. The shock of the night though is Kildare beating Wexford by a point!

Good to see two wins under the belts of these players now... our reward is a match against Kilkenny whereas Kildare play Offaly. These games both take place next Tuesday night July 13th at 7.30pm - thinking we might have home advantage in that. The winners of both these games then advance to face Galway and Dublin. The Laois-Kilkenny winners get Galway.

This sheet gets serious now.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Helix.

Quote from: G@@ on July 06, 2021, 10:49:30 PM
A large win over Antrim tonight: 4-27 to 0-07. The shock of the night though is Kildare beating Wexford by a point!

Good to see two wins under the belts of these players now... our reward is a match against Kilkenny whereas Kildare play Offaly. These games both take place next Tuesday night July 13th at 7.30pm - thinking we might have home advantage in that. The winners of both these games then advance to face Galway and Dublin. The Laois-Kilkenny winners get Galway.

This sheet gets serious now.

Good win against an awful Antrim side. Took our foot off pedal most of 2nd half but all hurled well. A better test awaits the  next day. Kilkenny will surely be more physical side and a proper litmus test to see where we're at.

burdizzo

I think that Kildare side beat Offaly at minor a couple of years ago? Could easily repeat the dose.

Great for the u20s to get a couple of wins. Quite a few of them u20 again next year, I think, is that right?

Spiritof1915

Lorcan fitzpatrick, alan connolly, thep, georoid lynch, Mark hennessy and CiarĂ¡n byrne overage next year from starting 15 i believe

redsetanta

What a result for Kildare is right.

Great score put up by Laois but it won't be ideal preparation for a cut at the Cats.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi