Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2020/2021

Started by SCFC, August 06, 2020, 11:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tintin84

Quote from: Helix. on October 18, 2021, 11:43:43 AM
Quote from: Tintin84 on October 18, 2021, 10:47:28 AM
Should be Mountmellicks to lose, Just think they'll have too much strength in depth and should win by 5 or 6. Regardless I'd worry for them at senior level compared to Clonaslee, Rosenallis and Courtwood they are an aging team that will struggle at senior level, I can't see them staying up if they do win it,

Will be an even enough game. Didn't see Gearoid Hanrahan on team for Mountmellick is he away?

Park were full value for win yesterday 3 wins on the bounce in Stradbally. Kieran Kelly in fairness has them fairly well drilled and they didn't panic when Kilcruise came back into it towards last 10 minutes. Only a matter of time when they go up to senior ranks a good mix of youth and experience at the moment. Kilcruise had a couple of the na Fianna og players on that minor a final so I imagine they'll be an addition to them in a year or 2.

Think Hanrahan is overseas on Army duty big loss for Mountmellick in final if missing

The PRO

Final should be a tight affair tomorrow night. Mountmellick have the more experienced players at this level but Park-Ratheniska have all the momentum and seem to have brought through some excellent young lads. I think Mountmellick won a league meeting earlier this year but that probably will mean little or nothing. I'm going to tip Park-Ratheniska to edge this by a point or two. Could even go to extra time.

Spiritof86

If Park pull this off tonight it's going to be some  achievement . I'd be very surprised not to see this one go down to the wire . Mountmellick have some very established footballers and Gordon Lalor has them in serious condition  but Park have serious momentum on there side too .
Gearoid Hanrahan back for Mountmellick is a serious boost . The pitch is going to play part i think later and there showers forecasted for later .
Have a sneaky feeling Park could nick this . Mountmellick have not  been overly test the past 2 games but that could work to there advantage aswell  . Very hard to call in fairness

Silkyskillssunshinee

I see Mountmellick winning this by a couple of points. Gordon Lalor has them motoring very well this season. Hitchcock and Langton at wing-back for Park will need to have big games, as well as their midfielder Podge Dunne who was excellent the last day and wouldn't be too far off county standard.

Tintin84

Gordon didn't have much motoring tonight, MM were awful, Park from the 1st minute dominated the game and were deserved winners, But you would worry about them senior next year. MM will struggle to get out of Intermediate now, Coss coming near his end take him off that team and there very limited.

Pugwash

Mountmellick seemed to have zero game plan, whereas to Park's credit looked very well organized and had a purpose to how they played.

I was very surprised with how poor Mountmellick's fitness levels were also, a lot of their players seemed to be blowing hard by half time.

I'd say on Park themselves in regards to senior, yes they will probably struggle "but" unlike the likes of Arles Killeen, they seem to have plenty of young players and depth.

Robbo

I don't think Park will struggle at all.
I think they'll comfortably stay up and will establish themselves very quickly over the next couple of years.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Tintin84 on October 29, 2021, 09:07:13 PM
Gordon didn't have much motoring tonight, MM were awful, Park from the 1st minute dominated the game and were deserved winners, But you would worry about them senior next year. MM will struggle to get out of Intermediate now, Coss coming near his end take him off that team and there very limited.

I was really not expecting Mountmellick to look that clueless tonight. They didn't seem to have any other gameplan apart from firing in long balls to Coss, who to be fair to him kicked some great points. You'd imagine that's a huge chance missed now for them, as The Heath have a few good, fit young lads who will enjoy playing Intermediate football and I'm not sure Mountmellick will beat them.

Fair play to Park though, some story altogether. The last couple of teams who won Intermediate have adjusted to Senior life fairly well and I do think they'll find a way to stay up next year with the momentum behind them now. There are some fairly average Senior sides who I they're capable of beating.

Target Man

Congrats to P/R, far the better team on the day workerd very hard and played some nice football at times in difficult conditions. Serious achievement to go straight from Junior to Senior. Some good individual performances tonight, especially the 2 Dunnes, Richie Hitchcock and Kieran Delaney. Colm Coss good for Mountmellick but they didn't seem to be able match P/ R at all in middle third

town1980

Lets not dress this up mountmelick a town team loads of chimney pots yee are a disgrace but to rathineska well done yee wanted it yee got it I don't think yee will last senior but a great story again mountmelick hang the head in shame

clonadmad

Quote from: town1980 on October 30, 2021, 12:58:20 AM
Lets not dress this up mountmelick a town team loads of chimney pots yee are a disgrace but to rathineska well done yee wanted it yee got it I don't think yee will last senior but a great story again mountmelick hang the head in shame

No shortage of mediocre senior teams that park could possibly beat next year if they get the luck of the draw

All they need is a year or two to acclimatise at senior and they will be grand.

They are pulling big numbers out from the town of portlaoise at juvenile which will bolster them further

Tintin84

Taking nothing away from Park they absolutely deserved to win that game last night, but not chance of competing at senior level sorry now even against mediocre teams they have 3 or 4 good players but not senior level, Put it this way they wouldn't beat a Clonaslee or Rosenallis or Courtwood the last 3 intermediate champions. i enjoyed the way they had a plan but were talking a different level. At the end of the day this time last year they were still junior and just about scrapped through the semi final and final.

Quote from: clonadmad
link=topic=29712.msg2083217#msg2083217 date=1635587673

No shortage of mediocre senior teams that park could possibly beat next year if they get the luck of the draw

They are pulling big numbers out from the town of portlaoise at juvenile which will bolster them further

Ballybrittas Boy

Quote from: Tintin84 on October 30, 2021, 01:54:11 PM
Taking nothing away from Park they absolutely deserved to win that game last night, but not chance of competing at senior level sorry now even against mediocre teams they have 3 or 4 good players but not senior level, Put it this way they wouldn't beat a Clonaslee or Rosenallis or Courtwood the last 3 intermediate champions. i enjoyed the way they had a plan but were talking a different level. At the end of the day this time last year they were still junior and just about scrapped through the semi final and final.

Quote from: clonadmad
link=topic=29712.msg2083217#msg2083217 date=1635587673

I think they will be able to stay up. They certainly seem to me to be at the level of Rosenallis or Clonaslee and I couldn't see how they'd be a whole lot worse than the likes of Ballylinan or Killeshin. Anyway, I'm sure it's the least of their worries this week as they have a Leinster campaign to look forward to with a nice favourable draw. I just hope their old poaching neighbours don't come sniffing again ;)

Spiritof86

Agree with Ballybrittas Boy I think Park will be ok at Senior next year . If anything they may get stronger . Going by some of the Senior matches this year I've seen they have a very good chance  of staying up .  Some of the statements saying they haven't got a chance competing at Senior level sum up the absurdity and rashness on any forum .

SCFC

Hopefully Barrowhouse win the junior. It would be good to see a small club like them getting a trophy and I believe they have a few right good young lads coming through. And fair play to BA for getting to the final with a very strong second team. Also doing a lot of good work at underage but on this occasion, I'm going to back the smaller club.

Very disappointing year for Annanough. Thought they would bounce straight back up but could well wind up getting stuck in junior now if they don't do it next year.