2019 ACFL Division 1A

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, March 12, 2019, 02:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The PRO

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on July 31, 2019, 03:32:24 PM
The senior football league final this evening is OFF.
O'Dempseys gave a walkover.  ::)
Ah  that's shocking. Couldn't it be played after the championship?

High Fielder

I'm no fan of the league and how it's structured in Laois, but that's actually sick.

Don Draper

O'Dempseys perhaps looking at what Portlaoise did to Clonaslee in the Division 2 final and thought why risk it.

High Fielder

With the talent they have available to them, I'd be surprised if that was the case. Maybe they're trying to bluff or blind side Portlaoise, but whatever you look at it, it's not good. They mightn't have fancied it for whatever reason good or bad, but another team might have

ollie12

Where is it official that O'D's gave a walkover? I believe they requested a postponement of the match and it was granted by the county board.

Don Draper

Quote from: ollie12 on August 01, 2019, 09:52:40 AM
Where is it official that O'D's gave a walkover? I believe they requested a postponement of the match and it was granted by the county board.
This is correct Ollie. No walkover was given.

BobbyBoucherJr

Unless portlaoise agree to a change of date for the game, which they didnt, then they would be awarded the match. Those are the rules for all clubs in the county and that as I understand is the situation here. The county board have not agreed to a request for a postponement as stated above.

SCFC

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on August 02, 2019, 05:34:25 PM
Unless portlaoise agree to a change of date for the game, which they didnt, then they would be awarded the match. Those are the rules for all clubs in the county and that as I understand is the situation here. The county board have not agreed to a request for a postponement as stated above.
Last I heard, county board had awarded Portlaoise the title. They fixed game, refused a postponement and are sticking to it. A pity.