The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 24, 2017, 01:04:07 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on May 24, 2017, 12:54:03 PM
There seems to be a bizarre situation where half of the posters in here obsess over trying to get others to ignore me and the other half obsess over insulting or lying about me.

Seems to be very little appetite for attempting to debate or discuss the problems at my beloved Liverpool. Strange.

Then debate...i believe that the current squad is quite good up to about 15 players. The starting team in the final game with Henderson, Mane and some of the subs like Karius, Origi and Lucas. I believe with the addition of 4 new players in hopefully Van Djik,  Sessognon(sp) and a forward like Timo Verner that the squad will be strong to push on. There would also be good young players and the likes of Ings to return as squad players. The likes of Sakho, Markovic, Moreno, Stewart and a few others will be sold. I believe Klopp is the man to improve the squad and challenge for titles in England and Europe given his track record before and his work to date in improving the squad. What do you think of that?

I believe the current squad has some good players like Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge, but also some absolute dross like Mignolet, Henderson and Milner. I don't believe Klopp is the man to improve Liverpool. He has spent badly so far, and the team are a shambles defensively most games even after he's had over a full season to sort it out.

dclane

Quote from: The Stallion on May 24, 2017, 03:08:24 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 24, 2017, 01:04:07 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on May 24, 2017, 12:54:03 PM
There seems to be a bizarre situation where half of the posters in here obsess over trying to get others to ignore me and the other half obsess over insulting or lying about me.

Seems to be very little appetite for attempting to debate or discuss the problems at my beloved Liverpool. Strange.

Then debate...i believe that the current squad is quite good up to about 15 players. The starting team in the final game with Henderson, Mane and some of the subs like Karius, Origi and Lucas. I believe with the addition of 4 new players in hopefully Van Djik,  Sessognon(sp) and a forward like Timo Verner that the squad will be strong to push on. There would also be good young players and the likes of Ings to return as squad players. The likes of Sakho, Markovic, Moreno, Stewart and a few others will be sold. I believe Klopp is the man to improve the squad and challenge for titles in England and Europe given his track record before and his work to date in improving the squad. What do you think of that?

I believe the current squad has some good players like Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge, but also some absolute dross like Mignolet, Henderson and Milner. I don't believe Klopp is the man to improve Liverpool. He has spent badly so far, and the team are a shambles defensively most games even after he's had over a full season to sort it out.
So who would you think should replace him?

Minder

So he has three good players (Coutinho & Sturridge missed considerable time) so to make the top 4 with that is some achievement surely ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on May 24, 2017, 03:12:49 PM
So he has three good players (Coutinho & Sturridge missed considerable time) so to make the top 4 with that is some achievement surely ?

As did Mané. The man's a genius.

In fairness, defensively Klopp appears to have tightened ship considerably in the last few weeks. I think (could be wrong) they have 5 clean sheets in the last 6 games. Still prone to individual clangers, but as a unit they seem a lot more stable when it's been CLyne, MAtip, Lovren and Milner.

I'd be looking for upgrades to Milner, and maybe one more top centre half, but I wouldn't be aghast if it's just a new left back, and they try for solidity in that back 4 and keeper for next season.

Armamike

Although watching Lovren can be scary at times, a problem has been the unsettled nature of the defence due to absences, and the lack of strong defensive midfield cover.

Klopp deserves some credit for a top four finish with 3 good players though.  Manager of the season surely.   
That's just, like your opinion man.

brokencrossbar1

Stallion you say Klopp has spent badly so far

Marko Grujić   
Shamal George   
Sadio Mane   
Loris Karius   
Joel Matip   
Ragnar Klavan   
Alex Manninger   
GIni

Which of these players  has Klopp spent badly on?  In my view Gini and Mane have been successful so far. Matip was a free. The others were all u set £5m or so with 2 frees so hardly bank breaking stuff. What has he done wrong so far that's been devastating in terms of his transfers?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 24, 2017, 03:37:16 PM

Marko Grujić   
Shamal George   
Sadio Mane   
Loris Karius   
Joel Matip   
Ragnar Klavan   
Alex Manninger   
GIni

Which of these players  has Klopp spent badly on?  In my view Gini and Mane have been successful so far. Matip was a free. The others were all u set £5m or so with 2 frees so hardly bank breaking stuff. What has he done wrong so far that's been devastating in terms of his transfers?

Remember when he signed Caulker for a free and played him up front for 5 minutes in 2 games.
Most of my fellow Liverpool supporters have forgotten that but I don't think The Stallion has  ;D

brokencrossbar1

So true,  the definitive memory of his transfer dealings😂

J70

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 24, 2017, 03:40:33 PM

Marko Grujić   
Shamal George   
Sadio Mane   
Loris Karius   
Joel Matip   
Ragnar Klavan   
Alex Manninger   
GIni

Remember when he signed Caulker for a free and played him up front for 5 minutes in 2 games.
Most of my fellow Liverpool supporters have forgotten that but I don't think The Stallion has  ;D

Well, throwing the big useless lump up there only yielded a last minute winner against Norwich and an equalizer against Arsenal!

The Stallion

Quote from: Minder on May 24, 2017, 03:12:49 PM

I didn't say he only has three good players. I just gave 3 examples of good players.

The Stallion

Marko Grujić   
Shamal George   
Sadio Mane   
Loris Karius   
Joel Matip   
Ragnar Klavan   
Alex Manninger   
GIni

He has spent over 60 million pounds yet has completely failed to adequately address 3 key weaknesses in the side, namely keeper, left back and central midfield. Clearly you and indeed many of my fellow Liverpool supporters think that is acceptable management. I don't.

Denn Forever

what is so wrong with the keeper?  Who was the last good keeper liverpool had who didn't have a good defense in front of him?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Stallion

Which keeper? Mignolet is abysmal. And yet Karius managed to make Mignolet look good when he played.

laoislad

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 24, 2017, 05:46:17 PM
what is so wrong with the keeper?  Who was the last good keeper liverpool had who didn't have a good defense in front of him?
Plenty of rumour the last few days that he wants to sign Iker Casillas. Doubt he would be first choice if he did sign.
Mignolet in fairness had a strong finish to the season.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Stallion

Casillas is rubbish and far too old. Hopefully there is no truth in these rumours.