Muineacháin v An Dún 5ú Meitheamh Ulster GAA Football Senior Championship

Started by babarino, May 11, 2016, 10:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on May 30, 2016, 01:09:17 PM
What are the chances of Down meeting Armagh in the qualifiers?

As Armagh are in A and Down in B, the chances are about the same as Arlene Foster getting scuttered after  night's drinking in Cullyhanna.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thewobbler

Rearing a squad of wains for the past 5 years has put me out of touch with such things. But the pay on the day price of €30 for a seat in the stand raised an eyebrow. When did we start getting charged day-out-in-croker prices for 1st round Championship matches?

The Association has lost the run of itself.

Maguire01

Quote from: thewobbler on May 30, 2016, 04:11:44 PM
Rearing a squad of wains for the past 5 years has put me out of touch with such things. But the pay on the day price of €30 for a seat in the stand raised an eyebrow. When did we start getting charged day-out-in-croker prices for 1st round Championship matches?

The advance purchase prices for 2016 are the same as the prices in 2010. 7 years without a price rise is unheard of for just about anything. I think it's great value for money. No excuse for not buying in advance.

The only thing that I don't understand is the vast difference between the price to sit and stand. It's also an issue that a covered seat and an uncovered seat cost the same, especially if the weather is bad.

Boycey

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 31, 2016, 07:31:14 PM

The advance purchase prices for 2016 are the same as the prices in 2010. 7 years without a price rise is unheard of for just about anything. I think it's great value for money. No excuse for not buying in advance.

The only thing that I don't understand is the vast difference between the price to sit and stand. It's also an issue that a covered seat and an uncovered seat cost the same, especially if the weather is bad.

€25/€30 for any 1st round Ulster Championship match is poor enough value in my book..

snoopdog

Quote from: Boycey on May 31, 2016, 09:16:56 PM

€25/€30 for any 1st round Ulster Championship match is poor enough value in my book..
Totally agree. To pay that amount of money into a bog standard ground is ridiculous I usually go to terrace for championship as travel costs enough also. While on prices Newry charge the same for covered stand as terrace for league. Now that's a disgrace are all league games the same?  I haven't been to any away last few years bar navan and can't remember prices there.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: snoopdog on May 31, 2016, 09:35:54 PM

Totally agree. To pay that amount of money into a bog standard ground is ridiculous I usually go to terrace for championship as travel costs enough also. While on prices Newry charge the same for covered stand as terrace for league. Now that's a disgrace are all league games the same?  I haven't been to any away last few years bar navan and can't remember prices there.

To be fair that is because the stand is basically never full for a league match, and so the people choosing to stand in the terraces do so because they prefer to stand. Still a bit ridiculous though.

macdanger2

In fairness, league matches are great value - my brother in law goes to Leinster league games and I think he said it's around €40 in

Maguire01

So stand for €15/£12 then.

armaghniac

Inflation is negligible since 2010 and now you have the hassle of buying in advance.
The same pricing of seats, covered and uncovered, is endemic in the GAA and makes no sense.

Il Bomber Destro

Expecting nothing less than a comfortable Monaghan victory.

However as I expected Derry and Armagh to put it up to Tyrone and Cavan respectively this may fit in with that trend and Down giving Monaghan a surprisingly closer battle than expected.

The one plus point for Down to take coming into this game is that their own weakest point is also Monaghan's own weakest point - size, particularly the middle of the pitch.

Boycey

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 31, 2016, 09:58:03 PM

So stand for €15/£12 then.

I will stand but not on account of the price rather that I prefer to stand at a match... For what it's worth that's also poor value at €15 or €18 at the gate.

5 Sams

Quote from: armaghniac on May 31, 2016, 10:10:14 PM

Inflation is negligible since 2010 and now you have the hassle of buying in advance.
The same pricing of seats, covered and uncovered, is endemic in the GAA and makes no sense.

Buying in advance from Supervalue saves you money. Where's the hassle?
The Aristocrat Years

armaghniac

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 31, 2016, 10:50:51 PM

maybe the time taken to find the nearest Supervalu that actually sells tickets?

westbound

Quote from: armaghniac on June 01, 2016, 01:29:02 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on May 31, 2016, 10:50:51 PM

maybe the time taken to find the nearest Supervalu that actually sells tickets?

Advance purchase price tickets can be bought on tickets.ie as well.

You'd have them purchased online in the length of time it'd take to read a few posts on this thread!!!  ;) ;)