Islamic Jihadists ISIS

Started by rossiewanderer, August 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

She has to get back in to UK now - the child benefit claim needs to be lodged with Tower Hamlets JBO.

Main Street

I read the usual type of hysterical guff from an UK  home minister, stuck in the gutter of populism where his constituency lies.

This young woman is a british citizen, fully entitled to a UK passport and entitled to land anywhere in the UK.  There is no just cause to refuse both those rights. She may be questioned and assessed, but that's about it. A crown prosecutor would have to scape the barrel of hysteria to charge her with departing the UK at the age of 15 to marry a fighter,  especially when 'they' had full opportunity to detain her at departures.
Should the crown prosecutor be so fanatically inclined and charge her with being a member of a terrorist group, evidence would have to offered that she did anything to actively support terrorism. Contrary to common populist belief, living under siege in a war zone, baking bread and raising a family is not regarded as evidence of assisting the cause of terrorism. No court, not even the compromised courts in the UK could find her guilty. Such a prosecution would just be a political stunt to satisfy the constituency of little english bigots.

tonto1888

trailer

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 18, 2019, 01:01:16 PM
Did she actually join ISIS?

What does joining ISIS look like? An application form? Yearly subscription? Changing your twitter bio to ISIS Member? Do you think they get a membership card?

Dolph1

Quote from: Main Street on February 18, 2019, 12:57:42 PM
I read the usual type of hysterical guff from an UK  home minister, stuck in the gutter of populism where his constituency lies.

This young woman is a british citizen, fully entitled to a UK passport and entitled to land anywhere in the UK.  There is no just cause to refuse both those rights. She may be questioned and assessed, but that's about it. A crown prosecutor would have to scape the barrel of hysteria to charge her with departing the UK at the age of 15 to marry a fighter,  especially when 'they' had full opportunity to detain her at departures.
Should the crown prosecutor be so fanatically inclined and charge her with being a member of a terrorist group, evidence would have to offered that she did anything to actively support terrorism. Contrary to common populist belief, living under siege in a war zone, baking bread and raising a family is not regarded as evidence of assisting the cause of terrorism. No court, not even the compromised courts in the UK could find her guilty. Such a prosecution would just be a political stunt to satisfy the constituency of little english bigots.

You are confusing bigotry with people who are afraid of what these people are capable of if allowed to return to their countries of origin.

Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

trailer

Quote from: Main Street on February 18, 2019, 12:57:42 PM

What utter drivel. She voluntarily went to Syria to join a the caliphate as a Jihadi bride.

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on February 18, 2019, 01:08:17 PM

What does joining ISIS look like? An application form? Yearly subscription? Changing your twitter bio to ISIS Member? Do you think they get a membership card?

Well they're a proscribed organisation. Being a member is punishable with a jail term and/or a fine. But to answer your questions I have no idea. Someone would need to make a finding on it tho

Hereiam

How do they prove you were/are a member of a proscribed organisation here in Ireland.

screenexile

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 18, 2019, 02:53:42 PM

Well they're a proscribed organisation. Being a member is punishable with a jail term and/or a fine. But to answer your questions I have no idea. Someone would need to make a finding on it tho

Has she not basically said she went off and joined ISIS?

trailer

Quote from: screenexile on February 18, 2019, 03:25:38 PM

Yes.
I see her two mates are presumed dead. The lord work in mysterious ways.

tonto1888

If she has then it would be a fairly open and closed case I imagine

gallsman

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 18, 2019, 03:51:18 PM

And what would that closed case look like? She's a UK citizen. I can't imagine the Syrian government will be shouting to keep her around.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on February 18, 2019, 03:50:24 PM

Yes.
I see her two mates are presumed dead. The lord work in mysterious ways.

Depends who killed them.

US backed Kurds = good
Russian backed Syrian army = bad, act of terrorism, innocent civilian.

Not sure our Lord Jesus Christ flies drones.

tonto1888

Quote from: gallsman on February 18, 2019, 04:25:40 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 18, 2019, 03:51:18 PM

And what would that closed case look like? She's a UK citizen. I can't imagine the Syrian government will be shouting to keep her around.
What's the Syrian government got to do with it?
She has, apparently, admitted she joined isis. They are a proscribed organisation. Membership of a proscribed organisation can get you a jail term and/or a fine. Therefore if she returns that is what she should get. No?

Insane Bolt

I find this whole thing bizarre.....all this media attention.....who initiated this contact? It's more distraction bull....let the little englanders vent their anger at blacks/immigrants/muslims.....and forget all about Brexit......it's all a bad dream.