Islamic Jihadists ISIS

Started by rossiewanderer, August 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 26, 2016, 05:02:58 PM
France obviously has massive social issues which is driving these lads to extremism.

I don't know what the solution is. These mass housing projects in every town and city, you cant just educate and turn these people away from extremism overnight. Like anything it'll cost huge investment, though probably a paltry sum compared to the French bombing campaign in the middle east.

My question is why has the UK not been hit yet? Better security in place? Less social issues compared to inner city French/Belgian & German cities?? Or is it a matter of time.

The water bombers at Heathrow and the 7/7 bombing would fit into this category. But I agree and am wondering why the UK isn't getting it this time round.

They have the same if not greater problem as France, with poor immigrants coming from a country once exploited by the European power.
MWWSI 2017

Walter Cronc

Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2016, 05:06:08 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 26, 2016, 05:02:58 PM
France obviously has massive social issues which is driving these lads to extremism.

I don't know what the solution is. These mass housing projects in every town and city, you cant just educate and turn these people away from extremism overnight. Like anything it'll cost huge investment, though probably a paltry sum compared to the French bombing campaign in the middle east.

My question is why has the UK not been hit yet? Better security in place? Less social issues compared to inner city French/Belgian & German cities?? Or is it a matter of time.

The water bombers at Heathrow and the 7/7 bombing would fit into this category. But I agree and am wondering why the UK isn't getting it this time round.

They have the same if not greater problem as France, with poor immigrants coming from a country once exploited by the European power.

Could be wrong but my experience of London is that it wouldn't be as segregated as France. Then again a UK 'home grown' bomber is more likely to be from towns such as Luton, Burnley, Bradford or Leeds where more social issues exist.

thejuice

Just to play the devils advocate and to see what way people think about this, say for instance that in 20 years time a significant portion of Dublin and other urban areas were to "islamise", that is to say that native Irish become a very small minority in these areas and Arabic culture became dominant. If you had a chance to prevent that from happening perhaps through immigration control or some other means (non-violent obviously, if that needs stating), would you do so? Or would you just accept it like the flow of the tide?

To go further, say if you knew Ireland would become a 50% Islamic country in 100 years, what would you do?

I know this is a somewhat controversial subject and a sensitive matter. I think people should think hard before they answer.

I think it's important to discuss because these are the questions a lot of European people are starting to ask themselves now, whether that be based on fact or fear, though I get the sense our dear leaders would prefer we didn't.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

muppet

Quote from: thejuice on July 26, 2016, 06:10:37 PM
Just to play the devils advocate and to see what way people think about this, say for instance that in 20 years time a significant portion of Dublin and other urban areas were to "islamise", that is to say that native Irish become a very small minority in these areas and Arabic culture became dominant. If you had a chance to prevent that from happening perhaps through immigration control or some other means (non-violent obviously, if that needs stating), would you do so? Or would you just accept it like the flow of the tide?

To go further, say if you knew Ireland would become a 50% Islamic country in 100 years, what would you do?

I know this is a somewhat controversial subject and a sensitive matter. I think people should think hard before they answer.

I think it's important to discuss because these are the questions a lot of European people are starting to ask themselves now, whether that be based on fact or fear, though I get the sense our dear leaders would prefer we didn't.

This is a fair question and it should be mentioned that Ireland doesn't have a colonial past.
MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Just to play the devils advocate and to see what way people think about this, say for instance that in 20 years time a significant portion of Belfast and other urban areas were to "catholicise", that is to say that native Northern Irish become a very small minority in these areas and Papist culture became dominant. If you had a chance to prevent that from happening perhaps through immigration control or some other means (non-violent obviously, if that needs stating), would you do so? Or would you just accept it like the flow of the tide?

To go further, say if you knew Northern Ireland would become a 50% Catholic country in 100 years, what would you do?

J70

Are you talking about turning into an Islamic theocracy, complete with honour killings, repression of women, sharia law and the rest?

Or Muslims practicing their religion but living as full participants in a free western society?

thejuice

Indeed, macdanger, so where do you stand on the issue.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

J70, in this instance lets just say that's a known unknown.

If history is anything to go by it will be a little bit of A and a little bit of B.

muppet

The question must also consider our obligations as members of the EU.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Why would any country become 50% Muslim? Muslims are the same as everyone else. They want jobs and education for their kids. Boulot metro dodo. Work metro sleep. Second generation start integrating and have fewer kids. Muslims are a convenient bogeyman. The real challenge is to drain the jihadi swamps.

Low Euro birth rates are a separate issue.

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2016, 06:37:23 PM
The question must also consider our obligations as members of the EU.

You mean unlimited and unvetted immigration as per Ms Merkels request

Some of you may believe in a mythical multicultural nirvana but while you're sitting smugly thinking you're Bob Geldof the reality is that you are screwing up the country for future generations and inheriting problems that weren't ours to begin with.

The time to stop the rot is now. Ireland has already had the first few waves of shysters and conmen milking the system. Ultimately it will end up in ghettos like Luton and Bradford if not tackled.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Quote from: seafoid on July 26, 2016, 06:57:42 PM

Why is that? Maybe it's because honest people are too busy working and trying to keep their heads above water to raise a family.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for some sections to reproduce. And they don't ever seem to work. How about stopping free housing & benefits and making ireland such a lucrative place to come to.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

seafoid

Quote from: foxcommander on July 26, 2016, 07:09:24 PM

Why is that? Maybe it's because honest people are too busy working and trying to keep their heads above water to raise a family.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for some sections to reproduce. And they don't ever seem to work. How about stopping free housing & benefits and making ireland such a lucrative place to come to.
It is related to macroeconomics. All the current problems are

seafoid

Quote from: foxcommander on July 26, 2016, 07:09:24 PM

It is related to macroeconomics. All the current problems are

J70

Quote from: thejuice on July 26, 2016, 06:35:09 PM
J70, in this instance lets just say that's a known unknown.

If history is anything to go by it will be a little bit of A and a little bit of B.

It is a very difficult question.

You have to weigh human rights/refugee concerns right now with potential implications decades from now.

And one has to look at examples of where it has and has not worked.

Why have Muslim immigrants mostly assimilated very well in the US, but not in parts of Paris or Brussels or Yorkshire?

I live in Queens, one of the most diverse counties on the planet. Plenty of Muslims. Plenty of mosques. I doubt if there are any more problems than with other groups.