tonto1888

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2019, 08:11:44 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 14, 2019, 07:57:29 PM
Quote from: t_mac on August 14, 2019, 06:51:48 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 13, 2019, 11:24:24 PM
Quote from: t_mac on August 13, 2019, 11:00:23 PM
You should do speeches, in a home.

Does the home have sky?

The inference being it was so long winded and boring it would send one to sleep, so best being reclined to listen, your inference being?

How so? I managed to read it.

As someone not particularly well informed about the ins and outs of Mayo football  i personally thought it was a very well constructed and interesting post.

It was indeed. Not the posters fault if not everyone could follow what was written

Rossfan

Most young lads aren't able to read/comprehend more than about 5 lines of text due to txt spk twitter etc.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 15, 2019, 09:51:19 AM

Does the home have sky?

The inference being it was so long winded and boring it would send one to sleep, so best being reclined to listen, your inference being?

As someone not particularly well informed about the ins and outs of Mayo football  i personally thought it was a very well constructed and interesting post.

+1

Me too.

t_mac

Quote from: Rossfan on August 15, 2019, 10:39:09 AM
Most young lads aren't able to read/comprehend more than about 5 lines of text due to txt spk twitter etc.

This lad was being a KNOB and he knows it.  Had he started the thread he would have had it locked by now.

Does the home have sky?

WhoDat

Does the home have sky?

definitely interesting. going by twitter it appears joe has some undisclosed interest in what's going on with the mayo squad that is driving this latest vendetta. he refuses to respond to anyone who asks him about it and just keeps doubling down on the story about them getting rid of the management. it seems theres way more to the story than meets the eye and brolly has some personal involvement that he doesn't want to discuss publicly. wouldn't be surprised if his latest tirade hasn't anything to do with management heaves at all and more because aidan oshea or someone wouldn't talk to him at a party or some such. incredible that a national newspaper and more pertinently the national broadcaster are paying him to stage what is looking increasingly more like a personal crusade against amateur players over something that happened privately between them. why are his personal grudges being given this kind of airtime

Hound

People pay far too much attention to him.

Some Tyronie on recent thread said (in the context of Stephen O'Brien's black card) that there was a national tirade when Cavanaugh took down McManus that time.

There was no national tirade. Joe had a meltdown. All you should do is laugh at him. Every other person who knows anything about GAA said they would have done exactly the same thing! Only Joe was outraged. Let him be outraged, but don't turn it into a national copycat event!

There are differing opinions on Holmes-Connelly. Not all, but the majority of the Mayo lads thought it was right for them to go, and that they'd got the job in the first place in dubious circumstances. So as a neutral I'd go with that, rather than any nonsense Joe spurts.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: WhoDat on August 15, 2019, 02:34:50 PM

Does the home have sky?

definitely interesting. going by twitter it appears joe has some undisclosed interest in what's going on with the mayo squad that is driving this latest vendetta. he refuses to respond to anyone who asks him about it and just keeps doubling down on the story about them getting rid of the management. it seems theres way more to the story than meets the eye and brolly has some personal involvement that he doesn't want to discuss publicly. wouldn't be surprised if his latest tirade hasn't anything to do with management heaves at all and more because aidan oshea or someone wouldn't talk to him at a party or some such. incredible that a national newspaper and more pertinently the national broadcaster are paying him to stage what is looking increasingly more like a personal crusade against amateur players over something that happened privately between them. why are his personal grudges being given this kind of airtime

Hmmm now that you say it, Brolly's current woman was involved with the management team in some form or other for that year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

WhoDat

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 15, 2019, 02:59:51 PM

Does the home have sky?

Hmmm now that you say it, Brolly's current woman was involved with the management team in some form or other for that year.

well the plot thickens. he's been asked several times now to clarify his own personal interest in the story and wont respond. theres something at the heart of it that he doesn't want people knowing about

BennyCake

Brolly's head must be swelling knowing there's hundreds of pages with his name on the thread.

I wonder could we change the thread title to 'GAA Pundits' or something similar.

Owen Brannigan

Does the home have sky?

+1

Crete Boom

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 15, 2019, 02:59:51 PM

Does the home have sky?

Yep she was the logistics manager.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Hound on August 15, 2019, 02:46:36 PM

Some Tyronie on recent thread said (in the context of Stephen O'Brien's black card) that there was a national tirade when Cavanaugh took down McManus that time.

There was no national tirade. Joe had a meltdown. All you should do is laugh at him. Every other person who knows anything about GAA said they would have done exactly the same thing! Only Joe was outraged. Let him be outraged, but don't turn it into a national copycat event!

There are differing opinions on Holmes-Connelly. Not all, but the majority of the Mayo lads thought it was right for them to go, and that they'd got the job in the first place in dubious circumstances. So as a neutral I'd go with that, rather than any nonsense Joe spurts.

They do and i do find it slightly humorous that some still don't realise that Joe the pundit on RTE or the columnist on the Indo is a long running gimmick.  Mayo are easy prey for him as anything he writes or says about them good or bad produces loads of viewers. Basically Joe is not as stupid as he acts and has his own audience in the palm of his hand.

Rossfan

And 332 pages on Gaaboard :(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: BennyCake on August 15, 2019, 04:36:42 PM
Brolly's head must be swelling knowing there's hundreds of pages with his name on the thread.

I wonder could we change the thread title to 'GAA Pundits' or something similar.

Doesn't look possible as the OP has not been on the Board for a while.

randomtask

Date Registered: December 15, 2008, 11:46:41 PM
Last Active: May 07, 2013, 05:27:31 PM

Crete Boom

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 15, 2019, 04:49:02 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 15, 2019, 02:46:36 PM

They do and i do find it slightly humorous that some still don't realise that Joe the pundit on RTE or the columnist on the Indo is a long running gimmick.  Mayo are easy prey for him as anything he writes or says about them good or bad produces loads of viewers. Basically Joe is not as stupid as he acts and has his own audience in the palm of his hand.

I think you give Joe too much credit and it is more a case of RTE and the Indo taking advantage of his fantansy ego as a "true gael" or "fíor gael" as a great Tyrone man once put it!!!