Tips travelling to the 3Arena

Started by theskull1, April 12, 2017, 10:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Driving down from the north tomorrow for the Ed Sheeran gig. Hate traffic queues especially car park bottle necks, so I'm looking for advice on getting to the arena without all the dicking about parking near the venue. Was thinking about coming down the Malahide road and parking in and around Fairview, then busing it down to the docks area from there.

Has anyone else any better ideas that drop the hassle factor getting there?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

mouview

Park out near Heuston station, think there's a car park there that opens til at least midnight. Get a Luas all the way to the Arena.

theskull1

Cheers mouview... seems like I'd be dealing with a bit more rush hour traffic trying to get to the Heuston? Would you go round the M50 and go in that way?

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: mouview on April 12, 2017, 11:20:30 AM
Park out near Heuston station, think there's a car park there that opens til at least midnight. Get a Luas all the way to the Arena.

Train to Connolly and get the Luas across best bet to avoid traffic.

theskull1

Last train home wouldn't suit. Its a 20:50pm

mouview

Quote from: theskull1 on April 12, 2017, 12:33:52 PM
Cheers mouview... seems like I'd be dealing with a bit more rush hour traffic trying to get to the Heuston? Would you go round the M50 and go in that way?

Would seem best bet, don't really know Dubbelin all that well anyway. I'd imagine you'd probably heading against most of rush-hour traffic.

Harold Disgracey

Personally I've never had any problem parking at the venue, it's dead handy getting in and out through the Port Tunnel.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 12, 2017, 10:54:52 PM
Personally I've never had any problem parking at the venue, it's dead handy getting in and out through the Port Tunnel.

Do you go to the underground car park or park on the street somewhere?

Harold Disgracey

I would generally use the underground car park, I would normally prebook it though.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 13, 2017, 06:33:43 AM
I would generally use the underground car park, I would normally prebook it though.

Same here. I find the tunnel and the car park very handy but if you want a quick escape pre book, arrive early and get back to the car quickly to avoid the queue out of the park.

Boycey

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 13, 2017, 07:01:30 AM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 13, 2017, 06:33:43 AM

Same here. I find the tunnel and the car park very handy but if you want a quick escape pre book, arrive early and get back to the car quickly to avoid the queue out of the park.

Amen to this, used recently at the Billy Connolly gig and even though we were 3 levels down in car park a sharp exit from the gig saw us drive straight out and into the tunnel for home with not a seconds delay.