Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2021, 08:25:37 AM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were twenty years in casement. It is an utter balls up and we just need to get on without it.

Antrim GAA really do need to understand that whatever form Casement takes, it will be under the sole control of the Ulster Council.

Don't be expecting the South Antrim schools finals to be played there unless Antrim GAA pony up to get it.

bannside

I'd have expected our "trusted" officials to have nailed down guarantees of this type at the onset. Verbally (not worth a thing) or written down is the question!

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2021, 08:50:03 AM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were twenty years in casement. It is an utter balls up and we just need to get on without it.

It's beyond embarrassing how its got to this point, that fundamental errors throughout the whole process was/is allowed to continue, whoever was in charge of overseeing this building project really needs to take a hard look at him/herself

None of those ulster GAA chiefs have covered themselves in any glory either and as for the politicians well less said the better.

We gave it away as JC said - not ours! A lot of the mistakes now are not ours but the criminal one was giving it away.

johnnycool

Quote from: bannside on November 26, 2021, 09:00:15 AM
I'd have expected our "trusted" officials to have nailed down guarantees of this type at the onset. Verbally (not worth a thing) or written down is the question!

What Antrim GAA really should have been pushing for is a Linfield/IFA type deal over Windsor but I think one of the more clued in contributors here back at the early phase of the process believed the then Antrim executive gave away the deeds for nothing more than the sight of a few glittery baubles and that the lads in charge of the social club put up a better fight and have won themselves some floor space in the new stadium with various caveats on matchdays..

Maybe the Shinners were putting pressure on in the background, who knows but on the face of it Antrim GAA seem to have been shafted.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: johnnycool on November 26, 2021, 09:10:30 AM
Quote from: bannside on November 26, 2021, 09:00:15 AM

What Antrim GAA really should have been pushing for is a Linfield/IFA type deal over Windsor but I think one of the more clued in contributors here back at the early phase of the process believed the then Antrim executive gave away the deeds for nothing more than the sight of a few glittery baubles and that the lads in charge of the social club put up a better fight and have won themselves some floor space in the new stadium with various caveats on matchdays..

Maybe the Shinners were putting pressure on in the background, who knows but on the face of it Antrim GAA seem to have been shafted.

A distinct possibility.

EOC1923

It's beyond embarrassing how its got to this point, that fundamental errors throughout the whole process was/is allowed to continue, whoever was in charge of overseeing this building project really needs to take a hard look at him/herself
The Ballinderry lad McGeehan is front and centre of it, you look at his twitter feed and it's everyone else's fault Casement hasn't happened. Ulster GAA to blame and he in particular should be called out on it more, given the bull he spouts

Saffsof82

Paddy Cunningham announces his retirement from Inter county. What a great player has been over the years for Antrim.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Ciall on November 25, 2021, 10:28:29 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 25, 2021, 09:46:55 PM
look at Atrim twitter - its wasn't Gaelfast it was the Markets Development Association & St Malachys the club

OK I've just did what you hadn't the stones for, and asked one of the coaches.
Gaelfast are running the sessions in the school and pulling kids to the club sessions again which they're running alongside the club, MDA and school.
But that mustn't be right because you saw it on Twitter...
it's not like Gaelfast to Keep their role quiet. But this is brilliant and exactly what we need on belfast. Areas with big populations with no big GAA going. No doubt there are many more. Well done to all on this St Mals effort

imtommygunn

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 26, 2021, 10:18:39 AM

The Ballinderry lad McGeehan is front and centre of it, you look at his twitter feed and it's everyone else's fault Casement hasn't happened. Ulster GAA to blame and he in particular should be called out on it more, given the bull he spouts

Him and his predecessor just seem to be wannabe politicians.

rogercasement

Reading irish news this morning I see an Aghagallon playing in ulster camogie representing armagh. Jim is that your crew and if it is I'm opening a can of whoop ass.

Milltown Row2

Wouldn't be a twitter man, christ this takes up enough time lol..

Surely when given a building contract to do there are certain things that need to be carried out, basic things like is it safe, will the residents be on board, follow proper tender procedures and be flexible on the design to create a stadium that 99% of the people will be happy with, you will never keep everyone happy, that's a given.

I'm sure there are building control/planners on here with far better knowledge, but you'd have hoped this lad McGeehan which such a high profile build would have at the very least followed a basic line.

Regardless of the government and the funding and whatever, it has to follow a pathway, it seems that hasn't been the case and they have made a huge Horlicks of this
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on November 26, 2021, 10:59:16 AM
Reading irish news this morning I see an Aghagallon playing in ulster camogie representing armagh. Jim is that your crew and if it is I'm opening a can of whoop ass.

Down team have been playing senior hurling in Antrim for decades, and long may it continue
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2021, 10:53:40 AM

Him and his predecessor just seem to be wannabe politicians.

Feeney?

imtommygunn

Saffsof82

Very difficult to stay positive about the Casement project. I was of an understanding that the issues cited by the previous JR had been addressed and any further objection was spurious and wouldn't count, thats obviously not the case it seems.