Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 25, 2021, 06:10:59 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 25, 2021, 06:02:28 PM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on November 25, 2021, 02:07:58 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 25, 2021, 01:45:08 PM
casement held up by residents again!!!!!!
Any good new out there for city gaels?
looks like Gaelfast is drifting out to SW again think i saw them at randalstown recently

What does that mean BGM, drifting out to sw?
Gaelfast meant to be a mostly Belfast initiative but seem to spend more time out of Belfast in Strong GAA areas in SW than in Belfast areas with little GAA going on
That's not really true though is it, facts aren't your forte
the clue is in the name of program lad

imtommygunn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 25, 2021, 08:53:34 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on November 25, 2021, 06:10:59 PM
looks like Gaelfast is drifting out to SW again think i saw them at randalstown recently

Gaelfast meant to be a mostly Belfast initiative but seem to spend more time out of Belfast in Strong GAA areas in SW than in Belfast areas with little GAA going on
That's not really true though is it, facts aren't your forte
the clue is in the name of program lad

Seem to? I only occasionally have seen them outside Belfast.  Can you not track where they are and put up the stats??

Ciall

1) Would you ever grow a set and air your queries/complaints with them?
2) I've just seen a video today of them in the Markets assisting St Mals revive their juvenile.
3) Do you want the county staff to cut all ties with SW and NA? Surely you're not stupid enough to think that'd be the case? As far as I know, from previous conversations with the old Director, the money for Gaelfast has went to staffing Belfast, and there was historic agreements that fund staff for SW/NA.

Belfast GAA man

look at Atrim twitter - its wasn't Gaelfast it was the Markets Development Association & St Malachys the club

Milltown Row2

Was there a post retracted or did our scribe get it wrong?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ciall

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 25, 2021, 09:46:55 PM
look at Atrim twitter - its wasn't Gaelfast it was the Markets Development Association & St Malachys the club

OK I've just did what you hadn't the stones for, and asked one of the coaches.
Gaelfast are running the sessions in the school and pulling kids to the club sessions again which they're running alongside the club, MDA and school.
But that mustn't be right because you saw it on Twitter...

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Ciall on November 25, 2021, 10:28:29 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 25, 2021, 09:46:55 PM

OK I've just did what you hadn't the stones for, and asked one of the coaches.
Gaelfast are running the sessions in the school and pulling kids to the club sessions again which they're running alongside the club, MDA and school.
But that mustn't be right because you saw it on Twitter...
thanks for explaining well done you

JimStynes

Is St. Malachy's the only club round the direction? Do they have a pitch? Massive population around there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 25, 2021, 10:44:23 PM
Is St. Malachy's the only club round the direction? Do they have a pitch? Massive population around there.

Generally played at Cherryvale. Plenty of potential but soccer is big around there also, there was another club about there during the day. Sean Martin's, not sure they are still about.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Smoke signals in con Magee I hear, joe Cassidy the new manager, anyone confirm?

ManInBlackandGreen

The judge pointed out: "In the absence of a tender process and contracts being signed, no work is going to commence in the immediate future".

And If it doesn't go out again for Tender the other 5 companies will have it back in court, so at best another 4-5 years away, and how much will it cost then?

imtommygunn

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were twenty years in casement. It is an utter balls up and we just need to get on without it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2021, 08:25:37 AM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were twenty years in casement. It is an utter balls up and we just need to get on without it.

It's beyond embarrassing how its got to this point, that fundamental errors throughout the whole process was/is allowed to continue, whoever was in charge of overseeing this building project really needs to take a hard look at him/herself