Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

i dont see why fellow tyrone players be jelous of mcshane as id say all of them have cushy jobs themselves.

Eire90

laddish house party culture in the gaa players should be banned for life or very long time no room for that sort of nonsense.

skeog

No bricklayers or plasterers in the squad.Big change from days past.

bigtogs

Heard a story about a group of Tyrone Under 20's behaviour in Belfast last week...far from impressive....4/5 days before they were supposed to be playing Armagh into the bargain....

BennyHarp

Read an article with Kieran Donaghy calling on the GAA to shut down fan forums. Spending a few minutes reading the comments on here makes it hard to disagree with him. Gossip mongers and trolls doing their best to spread rumours about their OWN players. This thread used to be a good place to discuss the county team, not spread innuendo like a scummy English tabloid. It's just become utter toxic waste.

https://www.the42.ie/kieran-donaghy-online-trolls-gaa-5012310-Feb2020/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
That was never a square ball!!

Under Lights

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 19, 2020, 08:02:14 AM
Read an article with Kieran Donaghy calling on the GAA to shut down fan forums. Spending a few minutes reading the comments on here makes it hard to disagree with him. Gossip mongers and trolls doing their best to spread rumours about their OWN players. This thread used to be a good place to discuss the county team, not spread innuendo like a scummy English tabloid. It's just become utter toxic waste.

https://www.the42.ie/kieran-donaghy-online-trolls-gaa-5012310-Feb2020/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Think that's a wider discussion in general. Online forums and social media should have more control and accountability. Users should only be able to register by uploading their passport or official ID, a work email that matches their name and a mobile number that gets a verification code sent to it when first registering. User Names shouldn't be anonymous and just have the persons real name. That way if someone wants to post abuse or criticism at least they are doing it under their own name and can be held accountable or challenged on it.

Million

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 19, 2020, 08:02:14 AM

And you're still on here complaining about forum trolls. A little hypocritical ...

My ten pence - with What's App, Snapchat, Instagram, and other available media platforms, GAA forums are normally the last places to publish said rumours. World. We. Live. In.

southtyronegael

Shut down the forums? Wise up. What next, state media from the likes of teamtalkmag telling us how wonderful everything in Tyrone is? I'm sure if anyone is crossing lines on here they are being removed by the mods.

RedHand88

Personally I don't think anyone here has crossed a line. If someone shites in a sink they deserve all they get. When they do it in a Tyrone capacity people here have every right to he annoyed.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 19, 2020, 12:55:56 PM
Personally I don't think anyone here has crossed a line. If someone shites in a sink they deserve all they get. When they do it in a Tyrone capacity people here have every right to he annoyed.
Its all shits and giggles to someone giggles and shits. Kieran Donaghy may catch himself on. Away back to basketball

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 19, 2020, 12:55:56 PM

Whether it's appropriate to say (if true) is another thing but the problem on here is a lot of it is based on rumour and may not even be true. And given users are anonymous this forum can be used to spread stuff about someone you have a grudge against.

Stan

I was on this forum years ago and left because some of the chat was unreal - personal life of players being talked about with absolutely no foundation.
Every one has an opinion but it can get very personal very quickly - I'd wonder how many people on here have played at county level...Im guessing none?
How many on here have managed teams at a successful level - winning minor, u20/21, senior league titles, champions ships etc...? not many.
It can be like drunks in a country pub...chatting shyte flat out and then waking up the next day and going at it again.
Players operate in a different arena of the field from my day....thank god there were no social media channels, cameras, phones etc...
For what its worth I think all players need media training and some might benefit from 'off field coaching on gig ti deal with non-football activities...i dont see them as role models in the same way I dont see anyone opinion on here anything but an opinion

skeog

Ethan Tremblay

Agree with Stan, had written something similar and deleted it as I thought, wtf the point. 

Players need media trained as there will always be trolls online, there is no escaping them be it on a forum or facebook/twitter.  At the end of the day, its someone's opinion, and why should you care what someone thinks of you, your never going change their minds. 

Personal stuff like McShane getting that job etc, I think it validates discussion, but people can lose the run of themselves giving "facts" on what he gets paid etc.  Again it's a person posting anonymously on a forum, should always be taken with a pinch of salt. 

Personal stuff like McShane getting a box at the weekend because of x y z is uncalled for, as that is all speculation and again, people can lose the run of it. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

WT4E