Leinster Minor Football Championship 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 29, 2017, 12:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

Makes sense that it's still referred to as minor.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Butch Cassidy

Anyone know what they are like or have the panel?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Laois leading 0-8 to 0-3 at half time. Good solid looking team and should win this one. Very unlucky not to have two goals on the board but the backs are on top and if the forwards step it up a bit they will win it.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Got out with a win despite every effort from the ref to give Longford the win. He gave them some very soft frees when they were 8 points down and almost got them the win but Laois held out for a 1-12 to 0-11 win. Good display from these lads who look to be a very useful team. This game should bring them on a good bit.

Unison

It was disappointing the way they faded in the second half. Management made a lot of changes. I wonder did hat disrupt them?

Laoiseabu

Hard to know what to make of that . Longford missed more than enough in the second half to win. Dublin , Meath and Kildare seem to be way ahead of the rest judging by the results.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

They were a bit naïve at times and also a bit unlucky with two goal chances hitting the post. Hate blaming referees but in my opinion he took pity on Longford when they were nine points behind and gave them everything. Loads of frees in scorable positions and dishing out a few yellows to us for very little.

That gave Longford the momentum to come back at us and in truth they were good enough to do that and could have caught us in the end. I thought we were fairly strong and with a few more games to come I can see that team improving.

There was a challenge game about to take place for the Laois U-20's v Roscommon in the Centre of Excellence after the minor game, anyone know how it went ??

FiveStars

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: FiveStars on May 08, 2018, 10:17:52 PM
20s well beaten in the end

Thanks for that FiveStars, that's not a good result for our next generation of seniors coming up. I saw the Rossies warming up and they looked very big and super fit...

SCFC

Didn't get to this one. Any standout players? Anyone look like a future senior?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Laois v Wexford   
Innovate Wexford Park, Wed 23rd. 7pm.

1. Tom Wright (Ballylinan)
2. Sean Greene (Emo)
3. Mikey Bennett (Portarlington)
4. Ciarán Byrne (Ballyroan-Abbey)
5. Niall Carey (Portlaoise)
6. Cathal Bennett (Portarlinton)
7. Eamonn Delaney (Stradbally)
8. Ben Conroy (Portlaoise)
9. Josh Lacey (St Joseph's)
10.Enda McWey (Ballyroan-Abbey)
11.Sean O'Neill (The Rock) (Captain)
12.Darragh Galvin (Portarlington)
13.Rioghan Murphy (Portarlington)
14.Damon Larkin (Portlaoise)
15.Oisin Byrne (Arles-Killeen)

redsetanta

Second win for the minors last night.

Next up Carlow followed by the big clash with the Lilly's. Meath gave the dubs a beating in the other group.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: redsetanta on May 24, 2018, 10:15:44 AM
Second win for the minors last night.

Next up Carlow followed by the big clash with the Lilly's. Meath gave the dubs a beating in the other group.

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/05/23/laois-survive-late-wexford-rally-to-claim-second-win/

Unlaoised

I was down there not a great performance but should have been out of sight sooner...

One thing to notice of this team is how quick they are to send in direct ball but sometines its when the player is marked or has no chance of  getting on to it!

I'm all for kick football but it needs to be done at the right time !
LAOIS ABÚ