Confessions

Started by fred the red, July 18, 2008, 10:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

Do many of yous still attend confessions on a regular basis?

I havnt been in years, dont think i wanna go back and say its been x yrs since my last confession!

I would be in the confession box for a rite wee wile!

ONeill

What would a member of the clergy say if ye toul him ye'd feelings for him?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

I go three times a year. Need to go soon again...

I'm actually quite honest in confessions..... actually confess.
Testing Accessibility

Yes I Would

Once a year if i can.
Act of contrition every night as well!!

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Niall Quinn

What's the Churches position on sins you genuinely forget about? Are you automatically forgiven or are you punished in eternity for your absent-mindedness? I've an awful memory on me at this stage, and I'm wondering how it will serve me come Judgement Day?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

fred the red

Quote from: Chrisowc on July 18, 2008, 10:51:14 PM
Creepy.

Yes we know you are, but if your not gonna contribute to the thread please refrain from posting your bile!

ziggysego

Quote from: Niall Quinn on July 18, 2008, 10:51:31 PM
What's the Churches position on sins you genuinely forget about? Are you automatically forgiven or are you punished in eternity for your absent-mindedness? I've an awful memory on me at this stage, and I'm wondering how it will serve me come Judgement Day?

I think Limbo

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on July 18, 2008, 10:52:35 PM
Big clap for ziggy. Unlike myself, he doesn't say that he rid Cheryl Cole in an attempt to look cool infront of the most important man in the parish.

That's cause I've never met Cheryl Cole.
Testing Accessibility

Niall Quinn

Quote from: ziggysego on July 18, 2008, 10:52:47 PM

I think Limbo

At 6'2", I'm not a great build for limbo.

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on July 18, 2008, 10:56:09 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 18, 2008, 10:53:54 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 18, 2008, 10:52:35 PM
Big clap for ziggy. Unlike myself, he doesn't say that he rid Cheryl Cole in an attempt to look cool infront of the most important man in the parish.

That's cause I've never met Cheryl Cole.
I hope you told your sicko/racist/Fermanagh mate to go to confession.

I did and he asked me who that was.

Also, he's named the car. Herbie....
Testing Accessibility

saffron

Sure you start off every time with a lie - forgive me father its been...

Yes I Would

I can never actually remember any specific sins so just try and cover all my wrongs by confessing to all the sins that i may have committed. Hopefully that keeps me right!

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Yes I Would on July 18, 2008, 10:58:09 PM

I can never actually remember any specific sins so just try and cover all my wrongs by confessing to all the sins that i may have committed. Hopefully that keeps me right!

Sort of "Blessed be Father for I have sinned, it has been a period of time since my last confession. I'm not going to bore you with detail, but suffice it to say I've been a sinner since we last spoke, and you should punish me in accordance with the average Catholic sin rate applicable to my age group"?

fred the red

Quote from: Niall Quinn on July 18, 2008, 11:02:07 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on July 18, 2008, 10:58:09 PM

Sort of "Blessed be Father for I have sinned, it has been a period of time since my last confession. I'm not going to bore you with detail, but suffice it to say I've been a sinner, and you should punish me in accordance with the average Catholic sin rate applicable to my age group"?

I always thought it was bless me father.