Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: themac_23 on May 11, 2023, 10:39:26 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on May 11, 2023, 09:43:57 AM
Is it just me or are we seeing more walkovers/teams not fielding than normal ? Creggan and Ahoghill didn't take place last night in Div2

When the county clearly dont care about the leagues then can see why clubs might have the same attitude.

Yes and I think that's what it is, they are glorified challenge games now, unless you are threatened with relegation
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

NorthAntrim

Someone informed me Creggan have failed to field two games in a row

NorthAntrim

At the minute its not looking pretty for them in Division 2. And what has happened to Gort na Mona. Back to back relegations pending!

barnish oggie

Quote from: NorthAntrim on May 11, 2023, 03:49:30 PM
Someone informed me Creggan have failed to field two games in a row

3 games in total they haven't fielded, even against us their nearest rivals which you would think they would be up for a game in.

Not sure what the story is.

Football not going to great at the minute either although that won't be a concern as they will lift it before championship.

seafoid

marty34

Quote from: NAG1 on May 10, 2023, 08:50:05 AM
Quote from: marty34 on May 09, 2023, 05:49:33 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 09, 2023, 11:55:55 AM
Been a bug bear of mine for a few years now.

Yes these visiting teams are heroes to our young ones no harm in that.

But lets promote our own and try and drive it internally, instead of this falling over ourselves to suck up to all concerned.

That's part of it too. The likes of TJ and Jason Forde etc. playing in Corrigan Park. That in itself promotes hurling and I understand where you're coming from.   That's just the way lads will go to these lads after the game.

A lot of lads getting stuff signed by Neil Mc Manus and Ryan Elliot etc. That's good to see also.

Great that they can play in Corrigan on big days.  I wouldn't be too harsh.

I'm not being too harsh on the young lads/ lassies after the game, totally understandable.

My issue is that it is a whole system thing within Antrim hurling, we seem to feel this kind of sycophantic appreciation that these great teams come up to play us.

It's a mindset issue IMO, I've said it before on here we should be making it at difficult as possible for these teams. We are in the same league and championship as these teams for a reason, we are there to compete.

No, I understand your point and it's a fair comment.

Just good to see KK and Dublin etc. in Corrigan.

saffman

I think its the balance of appreciating top stars coming to Corrigan along with not pure fanning over them.

Our lads are on the pitch competing with these stars at the same level, would like to see more coverage of our players

NAG1

Quote from: saffman on May 12, 2023, 10:06:05 AM
I think its the balance of appreciating top stars coming to Corrigan along with not pure fanning over them.

Our lads are on the pitch competing with these stars at the same level, would like to see more coverage of our players

Any see or hear the podcast with Conal Keaney recently and their attitude to the bigger teams esp Galway coming to play them?
Interesting in relation to recent discussions on this theme.

keep her low this half

Galway away this weekend. Tough fixture to say the least, not expecting much but a decent performance would be nice to set us up for Westmeath the following week. Is anyone heading down? Galway is a great city for a weekend break.

NAG1

Quote from: keep her low this half on May 17, 2023, 11:19:01 AM
Galway away this weekend. Tough fixture to say the least, not expecting much but a decent performance would be nice to set us up for Westmeath the following week. Is anyone heading down? Galway is a great city for a weekend break.

Great City for a break for sure, if you don't have to take a serious hiding in the game. I am worried about this one, squad starting to look thin on the ground away from home on what is supposed to be a great weekend weather wise, could get messy.

Hope I'm wrong but don't see another outcome at the moment.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: NAG1 on May 17, 2023, 11:41:56 AM
Quote from: keep her low this half on May 17, 2023, 11:19:01 AM

Great City for a break for sure, if you don't have to take a serious hiding in the game. I am worried about this one, squad starting to look thin on the ground away from home on what is supposed to be a great weekend weather wise, could get messy.

Hope I'm wrong but don't see another outcome at the moment.

Westmeath beat Wexford, having been 14 points down 26 minutes into the game.

I presume it makes no difference to next weeks game i.e. if we beat them, we stay up, but all the momentum will be with Westmeath  . . .

glens73

I think if Antrim beat WM and KK beat Wex then Wex are relegated as h2h takes precedence over score difference

marty34

Quote from: glens73 on May 21, 2023, 04:54:36 PM
I think if Antrim beat WM and KK beat Wex then Wex are relegated as h2h takes precedence over score difference

Unreal.

16 pts up against Westmeath. In all respect they should be seeing that out.  Egan mightn't last mush longer but surely players musch take responsibilty in that.

Geeat result for Joe Fortune especially at the half-time team talk.

imtommygunn

Wm will be on a high now. This is a tough game and one they are probably favourites for. We need men back as a load of injuries.

keep her low this half

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 22, 2023, 07:45:40 AM
Wm will be on a high now. This is a tough game and one they are probably favourites for. We need men back as a load of injuries.
This was always going to be the crunch game and Westmeath certainly have some momentum behind them. It would be good if us and westmeath stayed up and Wexford were relegated, it would really annoy some hurling traditionalists (snobs)