Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile an tuaigh

I like Ricey he's right on with his responses.

He reminds me a wee bit of George Best in the looks department these days.

longballin

I don't get the line theres no one else in Tyrone can take the team. It's ridiculous.

Jim Bob

Quote from: longballin on June 17, 2018, 04:58:34 PM
I don't get the line theres no one else in Tyrone can take the team. It's ridiculous.

Who in Tyrone could deliver success?

longballin

Quote from: Jim Bob on June 17, 2018, 06:58:00 PM

So if Harte quits we have to go outside the county? Logan-Canavan  Tally....

LeoMc

Quote from: longballin on June 17, 2018, 08:08:22 PM

Not disagreeing about a fresh voice needed but do you think any of the men you named will play a more attacking brand of football or would we get more of the same?

In hiding

Mc Elholm, Porter and Tally all coaching at a level above Tyrone at the minute

longballin

Quote from: LeoMc on June 17, 2018, 09:53:22 PM

Not disagreeing about a fresh voice needed but do you think any of the men you named will play a more attacking brand of football or would we get more of the same?

Or we could be afraid of change and go nowhere forever

Gaafan2

I'd love to see Ricey involved with Tyrone in some capacity. Too good a man to be working outside of the county.

Baile an tuaigh

Got to see Darren McCurry in action tonight he played very well. Scored an excellent penalty. Unfortunately for him his side lost by four points. But they did win their first game.

Fuzzman

A picture tells a thousand words.

I'd say Sean's dad is happy enough anyway as I believe he never forgave Harte for influencing Sean from not going to Aussie rules

What are peoples thoughts on this argument that some men are great coaches but they will never be good managers? Do they just get labelled early in their careers as coaches and then find it hard to shake that label off?

square_ball

Aye you're right Fuzzman poor Sean suffered badly for not making the move. If he'd have gone to Australia he would have his own accountancy business, gig on the Sunday game and a book coming out. Oh wait hang on a minute. . .

How do you know his dad never forgave Harte? Sounds like fabricated nonsense.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: square_ball on June 19, 2018, 11:56:18 AM
Aye you're right Fuzzman poor Sean suffered badly for not making the move. If he'd have gone to Australia he would have his own accountancy business, gig on the Sunday game and a book coming out. Oh wait hang on a minute. . .

If you go to any club game and stand anywhere within 50 metres you'll know his dad isn't exactly a forgiving type.

longballin

After all Sean did, including dragging Tyrone over the line in the All Ireland final of 2008 (he was awesome that day) it was very poor of Mickey to take the middle out of him in his book about a match a year later.

Jim Bob

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 19, 2018, 12:15:31 PM
Quote from: square_ball on June 19, 2018, 11:56:18 AM

If you go to any club game and stand anywhere within 50 metres you'll know his dad isn't exactly a forgiving type.

That doesn't answer square ball's question.

redzone

Plot twist: longballin is big teddy