Pharoah, let my people go - your children not being from your county

Started by deiseach, March 25, 2011, 10:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do they support the county of their birth?

Yes, it's their home and they should support it
7 (63.6%)
No, I've raised them to follow my county
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

deiseach

Willie Joe wrote about this recently on the Mayo GAA Blog, how his son has chosen the Jackeens ahead of the county of his fathers. Anyone else in the same boat and how do you deal with it?

Declan

I've lived in Meath now for 16 years and one of my kids will support Meath if we are playing them and the other one supports Dublin. Mad stuff I know but I'd have brought them to Dublin matches all along and they still come and cheer the boys in blue in every other match.
I still hope my daughter is only tryin to impress the lads by cheering for the auld enemy and that she'll come the her senses ;)

thejuice

well my Dad is a Galway man but as his children we all supported Meath but would support Galway hurlers as well. Not the Galway footballers though. And if please god Meath hurlers ever took on Galway I would support Meath.

And my kids will be getting Meath jerseys on them as soon as their born. but we'll use a Dublin one to clean them first  ;)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Hope my balls are not set on Saxon (as Andrew Maxwell once said after he had English children). On the bright side there is only London to compete with the affections of Mayo, unless its with a Galway bird and England will no longer seem so bad.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

SLIGONIAN

Depends on where i settle down, my Kids would never be allowed play for certain counties (MAYO), chances are my offsrping wouldnt be any good anyway :D
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2011, 01:35:19 PM
Depends on where i settle down, my Kids would never be allowed play for certain counties (MAYO), chances are my offsrping wouldnt be any good anyway :D

Even if they grow up in Charlestown  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.