Doire v Tir Eoghain, Sun 28th May @2pm

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2017, 09:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 28, 2017, 11:31:46 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 28, 2017, 11:22:34 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 28, 2017, 10:37:15 PM
Surely if Derry think they can't win playing football, win the fight.

Even Donnelly got away with that.

Tyrone could afford an anonymous Donnelly against McKaigue today; hammer the hammer as O Se would say. Derry couldn't afford an anonymous McKaigue.

Clutching at straws, McKinless and Keenan have some careers ahead of them. Donnelly, given his earlier suspension shouldn't kick another ball before August.

Sad, but it doesn't really matter anymore. Paddy Bradley hinted at it today. Referees referee the team, not the tackle.

Won't wish good luck to Tyrone in the semi, because both yourselves and Dun na nGall are cut from the same cloth. Really looking forward to it though; will be some clash.

I heard that comment from Bradley. Is he really suggesting that Tyrone get favorable treatment from refs because they are a big team or Matty Donnelly is too big a player to send off. Whilst lttle old Derry get harshly treated? What a pile of nonsense. The ref was poor enough today but I hardly think that Matty's All Stars or Tyrone's assumed loftier position over Derry played any part in that incident. Matty was just lucky - but he will most likely get a retrospective ban (which most likely will be over turned).

Is this the same Paddy Bradley who refused to send his Newbridge players to the county in-house game last week....He bought plenty of frees in his time and then his club complained about a ref few weeks ago... hypocrisy at its best !!

Orior

Very disappointing from Derry. Starting to look like a Division Three team.

Yet the minors keep throwing up talent.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Orior on May 29, 2017, 10:19:59 PM

Keep? Prior to Damian coming on board 3 years ago we hadn't won a minor game in years. He's doing a great job and we have as good a talent as anyone in Ulster from 19-20 down. In my opinion he's the man to take on the seniors next year. That's if he wants the job!

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

shawshank

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 30, 2017, 12:06:28 PM

Keep? Prior to Damian coming on board 3 years ago we hadn't won a minor game in years. He's doing a great job and we have as good a talent as anyone in Ulster from 19-20 down. In my opinion he's the man to take on the seniors next year. That's if he wants the job!

Wrong, Paul Mc Ivor managed Derry minors, they beat Donegal and then Tyrone beat them in the semi final, the same Tyrone team that won the U21 Al Ireland.  I also disagree on that, from the age of 23 and below we have a lot of developing players. For example Emmett Bradley, Mc Kindless, Mc Atamney & Bell are 23, although not all playing. From 23 upwards nothing. I also think Damian has a bit to learn, he has never taken a senior team, never had to deal with men telling I've lost my job, I can't pay the bills, I have a baby, we're moving home, my marriage is breaking up, the bank is putting me under serious pressure, I have a gambling addition, never mind the opinionated player who will tell him your training is shit. Once he has dealt successfully with that, then bring him on. Sending him straight to senior in my view who put his head lights out.

Mickey Donnelly from Tyrone won as much at minor with Tyrone as Damian to date, wouldn't get near the Tyrone job. Paul Mc Ivor is well ahead of him in experience and success at senior level.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: shawshank on May 30, 2017, 12:17:54 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 30, 2017, 12:06:28 PM

Wrong, Paul Mc Ivor managed Derry minors, they beat Donegal and then Tyrone beat them in the semi final, the same Tyrone team that won the U21 Al Ireland.  I also disagree on that, from the age of 23 and below we have a lot of developing players. For example Emmett Bradley, Mc Kindless, Mc Atamney & Bell are 23, although not all playing. From 23 upwards nothing. I also think Damian has a bit to learn, he has never taken a senior team, never had to deal with men telling I've lost my job, I can't pay the bills, I have a baby, we're moving home, my marriage is breaking up, the bank is putting me under serious pressure, I have a gambling addition, never mind the opinionated player who will tell him your training is shit. Once he has dealt successfully with that, then bring him on. Sending him straight to senior in my view who put his head lights out.

Mickey Donnelly from Tyrone won as much at minor with Tyrone as Damian to date, wouldn't get near the Tyrone job. Paul Mc Ivor is well ahead of him in experience and success at senior level.

McIvor had a much more talented side to work with than Damian ever had, and as for his tactics/match ups against Slaughtneil in the Ulster final well that left a lot to be desired!

There is more correlation between county minors and seniors than club and county seniors.

Christmas Lights

One of the problems I seen with Tyrone on Sunday was Conall McCann.  His barnet was ridiculous, bordering on a disgrace actually.  I rate McCann very highly, think hes an excellent, rangy player and deserves to start for Tyrone, however, if he, and Tyrone, want to go further in the Ulster Championship then something is going to have to be done with his hair.  Maybe Mickey should take him to the side and just say something like, "listen, I dont care what it takes or what you need to do, just sort that hair out before the Donegal game or your not starting".  It might seem harsh but words are needed, its not time to be nice going up against Donegal.

There is no way Donegal will allow a guy with a do such as McCanns to catch ball, kick points or goals against them.  I remember a few years ago, Ross Wherity scored a goal in the Ulster Championship where Donegal beat Tyrone by a few points, I always thought it was a real low point for Tyrone to allow someone with as bad of hair as Wherity's to score a championship goal against them. 
The scary thing is, Conall McCanns barnet is probably worse now than Ross Wherity's was that day which is saying something. 
I think if Tyrone iron out this issue though, then they should beat Donegal.

Taylor

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 30, 2017, 02:04:29 PM
One of the problems I seen with Tyrone on Sunday was Conall McCann.  His barnet was ridiculous, bordering on a disgrace actually.  I rate McCann very highly, think hes an excellent, rangy player and deserves to start for Tyrone, however, if he, and Tyrone, want to go further in the Ulster Championship then something is going to have to be done with his hair.  Maybe Mickey should take him to the side and just say something like, "listen, I dont care what it takes or what you need to done, just sort that hair out before the Donegal game or your not starting".  It might seem harsh but words are needed, its not time to be nice going up against Donegal.

There is no way Donegal will allow a guy with a do such as McCanns to catch ball, kick points or goals against them.  I remember a few years ago, Ross Wherity scored a goal in the Ulster Championship where Donegal beat Tyrone by a few points, I always thought it was a real low point for Tyrone to allow someone with as bad of hair as Wherity's to score a championship goal against them. 
The scary thing is, Conall McCanns barnet is probably worse now than Ross Wherity's was that day which is saying something. 

But what a game the kid had.

As predicted last week it was an absolute walk in the park.

Derry are very very poor at the moment and whatever Barton is on is too much

sensethetone

One of the problems I seen with Tyrone on Sunday was Conall McCann.  His barnet was ridiculous, bordering on a disgrace actually.  I rate McCann very highly, think hes an excellent, rangy player and deserves to start for Tyrone, however, if he, and Tyrone, want to go further in the Ulster Championship then something is going to have to be done with his hair.  Maybe Mickey should take him to the side and just say something like, "listen, I dont care what it takes or what you need to done, just sort that hair out before the Donegal game or your not starting".  It might seem harsh but words are needed, its not time to be nice going up against Donegal.

Can he wear ankle socks?lol

ONeill

The scary thing is, Conall McCann's barnet is probably worse now than Ross Wherity's was that day which is saying something. 

Steady on FFS.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TheImpactCode

Conall McCann was a great addition to the Tyrone armoury.

AZOffaly

Gaffer

Quote from: ONeill on May 30, 2017, 09:58:02 PM

The scary thing is, Conall McCann's barnet is probably worse now than Ross Wherity's was that day which is saying something. 

Steady on FFS.

Isn't he a bros of the other Barnet man, tiernan?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

RedHandTom

Derry are an out and out shambles. I heard Barton talking on the radio about how much he has learned since taking the job. So Derry are paying this man to LEARN ON THE JOB?! Hilarious if it weren't so tragic.

twohands!!!

Quote from: RedHandTom on June 01, 2017, 03:11:04 PM
Derry are an out and out shambles. I heard Barton talking on the radio about how much he has learned since taking the job. So Derry are paying this man to LEARN ON THE JOB?! Hilarious if it weren't so tragic.

Dont Fouls's review of the game made the point that Derry did the exact same thing as the previous year in terms of shooting from more difficult positions and even used the line "You can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results."

Also made a point about how rubbish the Derry defence were in terms of putting pressure on Tyrone where they were shooting - "21 of those 27 shots (from Tyrone) were taken under no – or very little – pressure (another indictment of the Derry defence)"

https://dontfoul.wordpress.com/2017/05/30/derry-v-tyrone-2017-ulster/