China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 22, 2020, 03:02:35 PM
The British government will face a big investigation after this and I honestly can see serious pressure coming into Johnstone Raab Hancock and co
They have seriously let the country down.
Whilst everyone was telling them to lockdown they seem to be the only ones who didn't want too. 2 weeks to late and now seems has cost thousands of life's
How far could this investigation go? Jail?

It will be a race to see who can throw each other under the bus first.

The science/scientists will be the first by johnson & hancock - I would hope there are members of Sage/scientists recording everything that was recommended to the Gov - because there is no doubt a lot of it was ignored. Especially in the early stages

five points

It seems obvious to me that the serial scaremonger Prof Neil Ferguson, with his faulty modelling, scared them into a lockdown from which they're now struggling to escape.  Given his pathetic record with previous forecasts, Ferguson should never been let near Imperial College let alone Downing Street.

It also seems obvious to me that the lockdown was a huge mistake, not least because they spent a lot of resources and time organising it when the focus should have been on PPE and basic organisation in care homes.

Now they've the worst of both words.

J70

The British government will face a big investigation after this and I honestly can see serious pressure coming into Johnstone Raab Hancock and co
Whilst everyone was telling them to lockdown they seem to be the only ones who didn't want too. 2 weeks to late and now seems has cost thousands of life's

Jail would require criminal intent or negligence. I doubt if you can be prosecuted for poor judgement in an unfolding, unprecedented global crisis, especially if you can point to professional advice, even if it runs contrary to consensus.

five points

Quote from: J70 on May 22, 2020, 03:21:44 PM
Jail would require criminal intent or negligence. I doubt if you can be prosecuted for poor judgement in an unfolding, unprecedented global crisis, especially if you can point to professional advice, even if it runs contrary to consensus.

+1

imtommygunn

I am not convinced they are following what they are being told by professionals. The PPE stuff as well would be something that they would be borderline negligent on.

five points

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 22, 2020, 03:48:13 PM

I am not convinced they are following what they are being told by professionals. The PPE stuff as well would be something that they would be borderline negligent on.

The first person to go to jail should be Ferguson.

Taylor

Quote from: five points on May 22, 2020, 03:12:02 PM
It seems obvious to me that the serial scaremonger Prof Neil Ferguson, with his faulty modelling, scared them into a lockdown from which they're now struggling to escape.  Given his pathetic record with previous forecasts, Ferguson should never been let near Imperial College let alone Downing Street.

It also seems obvious to me that the lockdown was a huge mistake, not least because they spent a lot of resources and time organising it when the focus should have been on PPE and basic organisation in care homes.

Now they've the worst of both words.

But surely the lockdown saved 1000's of lives?
Thats is why we are over the first peak.

No lockdown means it would keep spreading

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Smurfy123

The r number hasn't went up in England since lockdown was released. Just confirmed on sky news.

trailer

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 22, 2020, 04:42:33 PM
The r number hasn't went up in England since lockdown was released. Just confirmed on sky news.

That's essentially fake news. The "R" number is based in data from 2 weeks ago. So they don't know what the R number is today and won't for another 2 weeks.
In regards to NI. I don't actually disagree with the lockdown but it has been utterly pointless. More people were exempt from it that subject to it. Most people got fucked off after 2 weeks and gave up with no consequences. Our local shop had a queuing systems for all of one weekend then this just went f**k it. The questions at press conferences in the UK circled around PPE over and over and over again. Did any BBC journalist ask a question about anything else? There wasn't a proper test, trace and track system put in place yet not one journalist pushed this. There has been little or no honesty from government or scientific advisers. For example and the numbers prove it, this is a disease were if you are over 70 the risk is 1000's times greater. The risk to young people is minuscule. The modelling is exactly that, a computer model based on information for the most part which is guessed. Just a best guess. Why can't they come out and be honest? And now were hit with this shite that we're all amateur virologist and statisticians. Well who would notice us amateurs from the real thing? as the UK government presides over the 3rd worst death total in the world and they're on a f**king island.
Unprepared, untruthful, and utter omnishambles.

Taylor

The lockdown hasnt really been released though?

And with a 2 to 3 week lag in R number data it means this data means very little - no?

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on May 22, 2020, 04:56:56 PM

That's essentially fake news. The "R" number is based in data from 2 weeks ago. So they don't know what the R number is today and won't for another 2 weeks.
In regards to NI. I don't actually disagree with the lockdown but it has been utterly pointless. More people were exempt from it that subject to it. Most people got fucked off after 2 weeks and gave up with no consequences. Our local shop had a queuing systems for all of one weekend then this just went f**k it. The questions at press conferences in the UK circled around PPE over and over and over again. Did any BBC journalist ask a question about anything else? There wasn't a proper test, trace and track system put in place yet not one journalist pushed this. There has been little or no honesty from government or scientific advisers. For example and the numbers prove it, this is a disease were if you are over 70 the risk is 1000's times greater. The risk to young people is minuscule. The modelling is exactly that, a computer model based on information for the most part which is guessed. Just a best guess. Why can't they come out and be honest? And now were hit with this shite that we're all amateur virologist and statisticians. Well who would notice us amateurs from the real thing? as the UK government presides over the 3rd worst death total in the world and they're on a f**king island.

+1

five points

Quote from: Taylor on May 22, 2020, 03:52:42 PM

Sweden seems to suggest the opposite. Economic and social activity in the UK and Ireland was shrivelling to nothing anyway before the formal lockdowns came into force. Swedish shops, restaurants etc were allowed stay open but punters stayed away in their droves. Now the British and Irish governments are both up their ears in fresh debt and have a battle on their hands working out how to reverse lockdown.

Franko

Quote from: five points on May 22, 2020, 05:29:00 PM
Quote from: Taylor on May 22, 2020, 03:52:42 PM

Sweden seems to suggest the opposite. Economic and social activity in the UK and Ireland was shrivelling to nothing anyway before the formal lockdowns came into force. Swedish shops, restaurants etc were allowed stay open but punters stayed away in their droves. Now the British and Irish governments are both up their ears in fresh debt and have a battle on their hands working out how to reverse lockdown.

Did the Swedish government step in with any assistance for the pub/restaurant industry, or did they just leave them hanging out to dry with 100% of overheads and 20% income?

Franko

Quote from: trailer on May 22, 2020, 04:56:56 PM

I love the way you keep repeating this as if you've hit on some sort of hot take.

We all f**king know this you balloon.