China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 22, 2020, 12:00:04 PM
Everyone seems to miss the point that the risk to people under 70 is minimal. If a Vaccine is made available those high risk groups will get it first and for them it makes no sense not to get it. The risk of catching Covid-19 would more than likely be fatal.

The risk may be less, but if you get it there may be lasting medical issues, I'm 48, in my head I think I'm still 25, but plenty of people my age or similar have had major problems or died from this!

For the vaccine if there is one, as other virus's have struggled to get vaccines, i'd be shocked if there was one available after 8 months, regardless of the medical experts out there, they haven't covered themselves in any glory lately  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

five points

Someone noted on facebook this morning that they're talking about a mass vaccine for a disease that they have trouble devising a proper mass test for.

armaghniac

Quote from: five points on May 22, 2020, 12:33:45 PM
Someone noted on facebook this morning that they're talking about a mass vaccine for a disease that they have trouble devising a proper mass test for.

The test will be available 6 months before the vaccine and  will help control it in the meantime.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2020, 12:13:20 PM
Everyone seems to miss the point that the risk to people under 70 is minimal. If a Vaccine is made available those high risk groups will get it first and for them it makes no sense not to get it. The risk of catching Covid-19 would more than likely be fatal.

The risk may be less, but if you get it there may be lasting medical issues, I'm 48, in my head I think I'm still 25, but plenty of people my age or similar have had major problems or died from this!

For the vaccine if there is one, as other virus's have struggled to get vaccines, i'd be shocked if there was one available after 8 months, regardless of the medical experts out there, they haven't covered themselves in any glory lately  ;)

Private companies know what they are doing. It's business. My issue is and always has been with "Medical Advisers and Scientific experts" in government and other bluffer type committee adviser roles. SAGE for example. Professor John Edmunds - guy who promoted Herd Immunity, helped to get the basic modelling wrong. Much of the initial science has been wrong and people have been right to challenge it.

Rossfan

Don't be landing the stupidity of the DisUK on the rest of the World (excl US).
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

Quote from: armaghniac on May 22, 2020, 12:42:09 PM
Quote from: five points on May 22, 2020, 12:33:45 PM

The test will be available 6 months before the vaccine and  will help control it in the meantime.

Boris and his mates will have the test available in just over a week so that the English schools can open.

Hope its better than the current 100K a day tests where they double count taking your nasal swab and the throat swab even though both are needed for confirmation.

Gangsters and Charlatans.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2020, 12:13:20 PM

Same here and as already said Ireland won't be front of the queue when vaccines are eventually handed out.

imtommygunn

I would expect the north could see some problems with England trying to get all of them first too.

five points

Doesn't look like that will be a problem for a long long time to come.

QuoteDoubts raised over Oxford coronavirus vaccine after ALL of the monkeys that took part in the trial are found to have contracted the disease
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8331709/Oxford-coronavirus-vaccine-does-not-stop-infection-experts-warn.html

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: five points on May 22, 2020, 02:20:56 PM

QuoteDoubts raised over Oxford coronavirus vaccine after ALL of the monkeys that took part in the trial are found to have contracted the disease
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8331709/Oxford-coronavirus-vaccine-does-not-stop-infection-experts-warn.html

Had me there until I read the source!

J70

From the looks of that, it might help reduce the severity of the disease, but will have no effect on spread.

Better than nothing, and a potential stopgap, but hopefully they come up with something better. Still early days.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on May 22, 2020, 02:47:24 PM

From the looks of that, it might help reduce the severity of the disease, but will have no effect on spread.

Better than nothing, and a potential stopgap, but hopefully they come up with something better. Still early days.

Whatever gets us back to work and stops the teachers from losing their jobs  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

five points

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 22, 2020, 02:41:57 PM

Had me there until I read the source!

::) The Daily Mail didn't carry out the trials.

Smurfy123

The British government will face a big investigation after this and I honestly can see serious pressure coming into Johnstone Raab Hancock and co
They have seriously let the country down.
Whilst everyone was telling them to lockdown they seem to be the only ones who didn't want too. 2 weeks to late and now seems has cost thousands of life's
How far could this investigation go? Jail?

imtommygunn

They would deserve it. I doubt they're following too much medical advice.

There's a lot more behind the scenes like PPE shortages and the lies being told there as well as the likes of that dyson ventilator crap. They are up to their neck in it and not one f**k could they give.