Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 27, 2017, 08:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

im hearing different Paul Curran and John Evans both good CVS looking hot along with john sugru,experience im hearing comming against clancy and the lesser big names

GAA-SMART

Curran will hang around Plunkets for another year , he only wants 1 job and if he comes to Laois unlikely he will get the Dubs when he wants it, besides, he would be getting in or around the same up there than what we could be paying him and he doesnt have to travel.

Don Draper

GAA-SMART

Billy Sheehan? The barrel obviously has been scrapped no end

town1980

dunno i always found him annoying and i think the players will to no doubting his passion for laois i would never question that but as a manager is he the person to pull us all together lads i dont know,selector maybe but manager for me no,paul curran i find interesting but im sure the three lads will find the most suitable candidate

Tony

I like Billy and I'd like to see him involved with the setup but not as manager yet.

SCFC

Anyone who says they're hearing this lad or that lad is bullshitting.
The committee haven't got anywhere near that stage yet.
An internal appointment is more likely though from what I've heard.

portlaoisekid

Have they a time frame in place for the new mgr to be in place ?

As for Billy I wouldn't mind him on board, I haven't heard his name mentioned around yet . If was a betting man I'd say it'll be Clancy or Conway as new manager.

Tony

I think Don was having a laugh about mentioning Billy as manager, to be fair. He won't be manager.

It'd be good to get a manager in before early September. That's when you really need to set out your stall and plan for the year ahead. Ideally the lads need to be set a personal winter training programme, starting in October.

Tony

My preference would be in this order:

Sugrue,
M. McNulty,
Clancy,
Conway,
Curran,
Evans.

I don't believe other names are realistic, like Mick Dempsey or Billy Sheehan.

Uisce

Banty leaving Wexford puts another name in the hat.. one which I would not be surprised with!

redsetanta

Banty is just a gun for hire at this stage. No good to Laois!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

GAA-SMART

Quote from: redsetanta on August 24, 2017, 09:37:07 AM
Banty is just a gun for hire at this stage. No good to Laois!

Unlikely, he left Wexford because of a 2 hr 15m drive without traffic, to get to Portloaise is about 1hr 55m drive, doubt he is ditching Wexford over 20 minutes

Tony

We need someone who the players and fans respect, so that rules Banty out.

OTF

Quote from: Tony on August 24, 2017, 10:16:23 AM
We need someone who the players and fans respect, so that rules Banty out.

I know  what you'r saying Tony ...... but does that person actually exist.