Louth Club Football and Hurling

Started by pedro, August 12, 2007, 11:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

I have a couple of classic pictures of Goss and D Connor all decked out in Joes colours  :D I'd post them up on the thread if only I could work out how to do it!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

You got to laugh at the Kingdom reference alright  :D
Do they not realise that for all Kerry's success they are not hated by the rest of the country and that they play attractive football without being over physical (with the exception of Paul Galvin of course  ;D)

Ray would be a big lose, hopefully he will be right.

That is some serious preparation from Cooley, although you can go too far, I think most lads would sleep better in their own bed the night before the game!

As you know yourself Pedro the Pats took a lot for granted last year and I can't imagine that they will make the same mistake again this year. The most important thing for the Pats is for them to be as clinical and ruthless as they were against Mattock
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pedro

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 15, 2007, 10:40:01 AM
Pedro, it doesnt matter how far a team like Louth, or my own team Down go in the qualifiers. They are never going to win the All Ireland through the qualifiers and when you look at their performance in Leinster this year, just like ours was in Ulster, it was dire. They struggled badly to beat Wicklow, in fact I think it went to a second replay. Then lost to Wexford and the final scoreline didnt reflect how poor Louth were on the day. Yes they had a decent run in the qualifiers, but at the end of the day there are no prizes for winning a couple of games in the qualifiers and Louth will only begin to make progress with a decent run in Leinster.

I dunno really what your tryin to say here 5ive Times. Louth, like Down, have not been near winning an All-Ireland for a long time but its not like they can come from being the 3rd worst team in the country (Louth) and go on to win the All-Ireland the next year. There has to be some kind of progress, an incremental improvement year on year which will push the team closer to winning something major. I'm sure you would be slating (or Down for that matter) Louth if they had to have adopted the attitute of "Well, we're knocked out of Leinster/Ulster, we're not going to win the All-Ireland now so we might as well call it quits for the year". I think Louth deserve some credit for going down to Limerick and Kildare and winning. Granted, they are no world beaters but surely that can only help the team (especially the younger members) for next year.

Ten to fifteen years ago where were Armagh?? Certainly not near All-Ireland winning standards but they stuck at it year after year and eventually it paid off for them. Hopefully something like that could happen the Wee County.
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

pedro

I definitely dont think there is any fear of the lads taking the foot off the pedal like they did last year. I expect both teams to come flying straight out of the blocks and the first ten minutes to be real hard-hitting and intense. Once the game opens up which I hope it does Paddy K , E Carroll and Ray Finnegan can get a bit of space to get in behind the Cooley defence.

I don't know lads, the more I think about it the more nervous I'm getting. I was super confident at the start of the week but we've already seen how Cooley can shut out the other teams star men (by fair or foul means) and I hope this will not happen to us.

Any word on O'Neill, just heard that his case has been referred back another 24hrs by the county board.
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Louth Exile

Enjoy the build up Pedro, but you been a Pats man you'd more used to it any of the rest of us on here. Handy tip: Get smashed drunk the night before and the nerves won't be as bad on the big day, the adrenalin will keep you going.

Is Ray going to be alright??

Wasn't going to head but think I might go now, ye will probably slate me for this but, was going to go to Simmonstown v Skyrne in the Meath SFC Qtr finals instead! (I'll only make the 2nd half off it now with the 4pm throw in)

Louth Exile

Thats a great bit of prose ML, you should write that book, it would be a good one.

The kingdom bit is the one that always made me laugh  :D :D

amallon

Fantastic story.  I still don't understand why the meeting had to be at 6am
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

amallon

Absolute madness!  :D  If one of our neighbouring clubs did something like this we'd have a field day the slagging would just be too much.

amallon

amallon

And no fences at the front of the stand in Downdalshill!  Mouth waters!  ;)

Louth Exile

Ah its the boys on the hill you want to watch out for, mind you that wall is easily jumped too

twotwocharlie

who's in charge of st pats this year.

Louth Exile

Well it was Fitzer who was running the line the mattock game anyway

Owenmoresider

Lads, how is the peninsula divided between the two clubs, Cooley and Pat's? And isn't there a club up by Omeath now too?

Louth Exile

Quote from: pedro on September 22, 2007, 07:36:12 PM
Gerry Cumiskey is the manager of the Pats, Peter Fitzpatrick was brought in after they got rid of that cowboy Nudie Hughes, complete mouthpiece!!

Jaysus Pedro, anyone in Monaghan could of told ye that Nudie is a mouthpiece  :D

The mother just text me to remind me that this time next year we had the prematch buzz in the parish  :'( It was like Christmas Eve, except it comes every year, in the Joes case SFC finals only come around roughly every ten years  :D

Anyway, hope you enjoy the build up Pedro and hope it is a good game tommorow.

Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 22, 2007, 10:55:01 PM
Lads, how is the peninsula divided between the two clubs, Cooley and Pat's? And isn't there a club up by Omeath now too?

Pedro would answer this one for you better, but I'll tell you the way that I would see it
Bellurgan, Lordship and Ravensdale = Pats
Omeath = Cuchullain Gaels
The Rest = Kickhams !!

I think the Pats were only formed in the 60's (I'm open to correction) before this Cooley had the whole penninsula