Football All Stars 2019

Started by Estimator, August 05, 2019, 11:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conallach

For the lads whose season has come to an end I'd give Keoghan & Murphy All Stars. O'Neill, McGill, Smith, Patton & maybe a couple of others would be well deserving of a nomination and whether it goes any further for them depends on who blows their chances between now and the end!

Counting by county is a very silly measure. It's an individual reward. I have two Meath men included in my nominations which some might complain about but they both deserve it imo.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 11, 2019, 01:39:21 AM
Dublin to get all 15?

You couldn't leave out Durcan and Murphy.

Two more matches than can change things!

tonto1888

I think Mannion is nailed on for one anyway

dublin7

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 11, 2019, 08:34:25 AM
Fenton, Howard and O'Callaghan nailed on now as well.

Fenton looming good for POTY

straightred

Quote from: dublin7 on August 11, 2019, 09:28:10 AM

con is the short odds favorite for POTY with Paddy Power

Armagh18

Quote from: straightred on August 11, 2019, 09:33:24 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 11, 2019, 09:28:10 AM

con is the short odds favorite for POTY with Paddy Power
Couldn't have any complaints if either of those two won it going by what we've seen so far anyway, barring a miracle from Clifford or Donnelly or the like today and in the final

yellowcard

O'Callaghan deserves to win POTY if it was picked now but really it changes from game to game. Before yesterday I would have said McCaffrey but he was largely anonymous yesterday yet may well go on to have a great final. Clifford could yet go on to dislodge O'Callaghan with 2 big performances today and in a potential final.

Armagh18

McShane superb today, but unlikely to win an All Star ahead of Clifford, Mannion and Con O'C.

yellowcard

Of teams beaten I think only Murphy, McShane and Durcan will get one. Possibly Aidan O'Se also.

Dubs could clean up though if they get 5 in a row with as many as 9/10 awards. Clifford and Stephen O'Brien only certainties for Kerry.

imtommygunn

Mcshane much bigger influence than Clifford today. Not sure how well he will do in the final either - might not see much ball.

tonto1888

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 11, 2019, 09:37:09 PM
Mcshane much bigger influence than Clifford today. Not sure how well he will do in the final either - might not see much ball.

What did Clifford get today? Only the 5?

Main Street

Overall, Mattie Donnelly would be my first choice from the red horde. I like his solo run, nice to see some art at play as a part of his game.

What happened to Peter Harte today? I think he dropped down a bit in the reckoning after today's game.

UpMeeyo

Cluxton
Fitzsimmons cooper/McNamee t o Sullivan?
McCaffrey Small Durcan
Fenton Murphy
O Brien O Callaghan Howard/Sean o Shea
Mannion McShane Clifford

Don't like that fullback line but can't think of many that have excelled?