Quote from: sam03/05 on June 25, 2022, 09:54:50 PM
As said earlier in the thread
Clare are useless - how did they get to the last 8

Ask Meath and Roscommon?

Clare 2022 Championship: 

Lost to Limerick (Div 3) on penalties in Munster Q-final at home;
Beat Meath (Div 2) by 2 points at home;

Beat Roscommon (who were promoted from Div 2) by 1 point at Croke Park;
Lost to Derry (Div 2) by 14 points at Croke Park.

Beating Roscommon is the result that is out of line in that list.

Wildweasel74

Didn't even thing Derry were that good today, tried for goals too much in the 2nd half when the easier points presented itself. Think E Bradley should start. Goalkeeper now a big worry, poor for both goals, though the first one came from slack marking in the defence, kicked 3 poor short balls out too which on another day could ended in more scores conceded.

marty34

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 25, 2022, 10:33:26 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 25, 2022, 03:42:28 PM
Another first game of a double header infront huge swathes of empty seats. This game should have been in portlaoise or navan.

Lots of derry supporter missed the start of the game.
Huge tailbacks in Armagh, the toll on the motorway and there were reports of the main drumcondra road being closed.
Apparantly there's a Gay Pride march in Dublin tonight too so more than usual traffic.

Little to no traffic in around CP though.

The thing that irked me more than that though was why was there no national anthem before the Derry V Clare game, but for Dublin they had the band out and the anthem. Where's the equality in that!

Why was there tailbacks in Armagh?

marty34

Another first game of a double header infront huge swathes of empty seats. This game should have been in portlaoise or navan.

Huge tailbacks in Armagh, the toll on the motorway and there were reports of the main drumcondra road being closed.
Apparantly there's a Gay Pride march in Dublin tonight too so more than usual traffic.

The thing that irked me more than that though was why was there no national anthem before the Derry V Clare game, but for Dublin they had the band out and the anthem. Where's the equality in that!

Amhrán na bhFiann is always played before the 2nd match.

tbrick18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 25, 2022, 10:39:30 PM
Didn't even thing Derry were that good today, tried for goals too much in the 2nd half when the easier points presented itself. Think E Bradley should start. Goalkeeper now a big worry, poor for both goals, though the first one came from slack marking in the defence, kicked 3 poor short balls out too which on another day could ended in more scores conceded.

It was great to win by that margin and the goals were a treat.
But I think Derry strolled through that game and didn't show the same intensity, running or focus as they did in the Ulster Championship games.
I think they were at no more than 70% for that game.
I hope they can bring the intensity to the next match as we couldn't afford to give away two soft goals like that against Galway or Armagh.
Keeper didnt have his best game in nets, but I thought was very good supporting the defence and even contested a kickout.
Glass was brilliant, took a lot of abuse off the ball.
Lots of brilliant individual performances, but I felt a bit underwhelmed at the end.
I think there's more to Derry than what we saw today.

It has put the "Derry will find Croke Park difficult to play their game" myth to bed though. I think Derry are suited to that pitch.
We play with a lot of width and the space was definately a factor in the goals.

All round good day at the office for Derry, I hope we can peak at the right time for the semi.

Tough day for Clare, but they kept going to the end. Eoin Cleary is their best player by a mile, would get on any team.

tbrick18

Quote from: marty34 on June 25, 2022, 10:43:33 PM

Because it's a curse to get through. Coming into Armagh the wee shopping centre always has traffic, then roundabouts and lights the whole way through.

93-DY-SAM

Great win today. Would be a wee bit worried that we didn't kick another 4 or 5 points as we'll not score 5 goals the next day out. Still you can only beat what is in front of you. Clare will be massively disappointed they didn't give a better account of themselves.

Armagh was a disaster earlier. Think it was just Sat traffic combined with March traffic. If Armagh beat Galway will def be heading to Newry via Belfast. Stay away from too many bottlenecks.

marty34

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 25, 2022, 10:39:30 PM

Said that a few months ago.  Positioning for Clare's 2nd goal was very poor but made a great save in the first half  but seems a confidence thing.

For all their good going forward, Derry coughed up a lot of goal chances.  Great for the players to play in Croke Park.

Need more points on the board though. Tighter defences won't open up as handy. Need to be hitting 15 or 16 pts in semi-final, create a few goal chances and take them.

marty34

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 25, 2022, 10:48:47 PM
Quote from: marty34 on June 25, 2022, 10:43:33 PM

Because it's a curse to get through. Coming into Armagh the wee shopping centre always has traffic, then roundabouts and lights the whole way through.

Bit mad going that way.

Handier down the motorway to Belfast.

quit yo jibbajabba

Glass is a RollsRoyce of a player looked even better today than usual. Knew he would ping over the odd point didnt know hed a goal like that in his locker.

RG has improved the experienced guys you would have thought had reached their ceiling as well as bringin on some the lesser lights to a v high standard presently

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: marty34 on June 25, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Is there a rule that the National Anthem can only be played once per day in any venue?

trailer

Great win? It was a Under 14 score line. I'd be embarrassed.  Clare quit about 10 mins in. Derry will have learned nothing.

marty34

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on June 25, 2022, 10:55:19 PM

Is there a rule that the National Anthem can only be played once per day in any venue?

Not sure.

Any double headers, it's usually before the 2nd game.

tbrick18

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on June 25, 2022, 10:55:19 PM

I think it's very disrespectful.
It gives the impression that the teams in the first match are not worthy of the National Anthem.

On a separate note, ticket allocations looked very suspect. Derry seemed to pushed into the four corners around CP.
Would there be a geo-tag on Ticketmaster directing the northern support into the perceived lesser seats at HQ?

From the Bunker

Welcome to Croke Park..........it's all about the Dubs and your money!

If you think otherwise you'll soon learn after a few trips.