Derry v Clare AI QF

Started by HiMucker, June 13, 2022, 09:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: Silver hill on June 13, 2022, 11:01:46 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on June 13, 2022, 10:26:11 PM
Quote from: Orior on June 13, 2022, 07:46:17 PM
Emmm, are there any Clare football supporters on GAA Board?

I am from Dublin but support Clare too as my father county. Was in Croke Park with him Saturday and was a great day.

What's seldom is beautiful! Hard to beat a day in Croke Park watching your own.
Would have a soft spot for Clare. Think it stems from the hurlers in the mid nineties who made the breakthrough in the same era as Derry did in the football. Great men like baker, Lohans , Daly, O'Connor and lynch. There was something special about that group of players.
I watched Colm Collins along the line in a National league game a few years back and his demeanor is relaxed and zen like. A class act when interviewed as well.

Collins has done an unbelievable job with Clare. Couldn't get out of Division 4 before he came in. Massive achievement to keep Clare in D2 each year and now second time to reach last 8.

restorepride

Quote from: marty34 on June 14, 2022, 12:10:52 AM
Quote from: restorepride on June 13, 2022, 09:33:19 PM
Quote from: Orior on June 13, 2022, 07:46:17 PM
Emmm, are there any Clare football supporters on GAA Board?
They probably have more sense than to read some of the wind-up stuff on here. Clare are there on merit and will push Doire all the way. Doire Gaels will give the great county of Clare full respect as both teams have a once-in-a-generation opportunity.

Thanks for that input Rory G.
No bother WUT. Don't forget to enjoy the match!

Derryman forever

Is it possible to buy this game of sky as a one off use of sky.
I have sky but not thuis subscription

Armagh18

Quote from: Derryman forever on June 14, 2022, 11:55:13 AM
gaa go maybe? There was another app for it, possibly now tv but forget off the top of my head.

Derryman forever

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 14, 2022, 11:56:08 AM
gaa go maybe? There was another app for it, possibly now tv but forget off the top of my head.

I will be going to the game but was hoping to record it for posterity

p3427977

Know anyone who'd let you borrow their Sky Go?

lenny

This could be the pick of the quarter finals. Two really attacking teams going at it in the wide open spaces of Croke park. Hopefully both teams lack of experience in croke park doesn't lead to too many nerves and they settle down quickly. This will definitely be tight but both teams will see it as a great chance to progress. Hopefully Derry can get over the line by a point or 2.

It's also interesting that they've gone with all the division 2 teams on the Saturday and all the division 1 teams on the Sunday.

blasmere

Get a nowtv sports pass for the day, not cheap at £11.98 though
https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Silver hill

Quote from: lenny on June 14, 2022, 12:31:35 PM
This could be the pick of the quarter finals. Two really attacking teams going at it in the wide open spaces of Croke park. Hopefully both teams lack of experience in croke park doesn't lead to too many nerves and they settle down quickly. This will definitely be tight but both teams will see it as a great chance to progress. Hopefully Derry can get over the line by a point or 2.

It's also interesting that they've gone with all the division 2 teams on the Saturday and all the division 1 teams on the Sunday.

Two really good counter attacking teams possibly but I think it's a stretch to describe Derry as a really good attacking team Lenny? We play 15 behind the ball when not in possession.

Main Street

Quote from: Silver hill on June 14, 2022, 10:17:32 PM
Quote from: lenny on June 14, 2022, 12:31:35 PM

Two really good counter attacking teams possibly but I think it's a stretch to describe Derry as a really good attacking team Lenny? We play 15 behind the ball when not in possession.
16 including Gallagher

Wildweasel74

17, the ref be standing bck as well lol.

onefineday

Quote from: blasmere on June 14, 2022, 01:15:49 PM
Get a nowtv sports pass for the day, not cheap at £11.98 though
https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase
won't be able to record and keep, unless you've a video camera set up in the living room to record the TV that is😉

Main Street

The nerves must be kicking in, awfully quiet.

restorepride

Quote from: Main Street on June 16, 2022, 02:46:07 AM
The nerves must be kicking in, awfully quiet.
Awful busy - minors and seniors - you know the craic. Or maybe you don't?

Loughshore2022

Derry will win by 10 points I think. The people here talk about being loyal Derry fans yet they don't seem to have much faith in their team who are Ulster Champions playing against a team who were lucky to win the last game. I will be watching in Cusack upper, the same place I was at in the last QF in 2007.
It will be interested to see what the semi final crowd is like, the last Derry semi final in 2004 the crowd was only around 35,000.